Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

22/8/18: CARD CALLS FLEETWOOD PROTEST IN SOLIDARITY WITH CHARLTON STAFF

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Cant make the game. Wishing CARD every success and would be delighted if some of the more militant got the game called off too
  • Options
    I can tie a reef knot (with some tuition).
  • Options
    iainment said:

RedChaser said:

iainment said:

RedChaser said:

iainment said:

Wilma said:

Lurker said:

I'm sure there's a balance between getting people interested and the club out of he loop, but what should someone who's not bought a ST do? Turn up for 45 minutes and go home?

Are there staff with the appetite to get the game postponed? To get larger numbers there, the boycotters need to turn up, and I doubt they will to just go home at 3pm.

I've previously attended protest activities and then gone back home again. It's not a nice feeling to walk away before the match but sometimes it has to be done.
    Maybe us who are not going in could meet for a drink and a chat?
    Rose of Denmark anyone?
    Good use of the question mark Iain :wink: .
    Grow up.
    Where's your sense of humour? Lighten up, anyway I'm probably old enough to be your Dad!
    I doubt it. I'm 63. Are you Methusaleh?
    Chaser has 20 years on you.
  • Options
    iainment said:

RedChaser said:

iainment said:

RedChaser said:

iainment said:

Wilma said:

Lurker said:

I'm sure there's a balance between getting people interested and the club out of he loop, but what should someone who's not bought a ST do? Turn up for 45 minutes and go home?

Are there staff with the appetite to get the game postponed? To get larger numbers there, the boycotters need to turn up, and I doubt they will to just go home at 3pm.

I've previously attended protest activities and then gone back home again. It's not a nice feeling to walk away before the match but sometimes it has to be done.
    Rose of Denmark anyone?
    Grow up.
    Where's your sense of humour? Lighten up, anyway I'm probably old enough to be your Dad!
    Just a youngster then, thought so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dont mention flames and fire chief it gets Toms from Eltham trousers tightening

Too much passive aggressive use of “Eltham” on this thread for my liking!
  • Options

Would it not be more beneficial for CARD to fund the staff of Charlton and get a top lawyer to expose the wrong doings of the owner and breaking a contractual agreement. This would get more exposure within the national press as well as the EFL rather than demonstrate to someone whom is in a completely different country.
    By taking him to court it would cost him personally a fortune, damage his business credibility but more importantly get the monies owed to the staff.

Davo55 said:

A few people have mentioned the idea of some kind of financial support to help the Charlton staff in their fight to get what's owed to them.

Obviously, details are sketchy at this stage. We don't know the structure of the bonus scheme, the detail in the "small print", the numbers of staff affected or the amounts involved. Even when all this is known, we don't know whether the staff concerned will want to pursue a claim at an employment tribunal or any other legal route.

However, @Curb_It and I have now ring-fenced £1000 of the protest fund to be used to help with any initial legal or other related expenses that may be incurred. In the event that additional funds are required, we envisage that a separate support fund will be set up and donations sought.

The question of whether there is a sound basis for a legal challenge remains to be answered. But whatever the answer to this, there can surely be no doubt that Charlton are under a moral obligation to pay these staff what's due. I am sure that many fans, whether boycotting or not, will get behind any action that is proposed to get a successful and just outcome for the Charlton staff.

• Options

Well done CARD - not.

We are now in a situation where the fortunes of the club are in freefall. No shock there.

Now, I hate Millwall as much as most Charlton fans but have to say that if they were in our position they would have got it sorted by now, either by fair means or foul. In my opinion CARD's actions have just made matters worse.

All CARD's pathetic efforts have done is to tweak the tiger's tail so that Roland is so pissed off he is not going to sell and, I fear, is prepared to let the club fall into the abyss. Relegation is a real possibility and then who knows?

Trouble is that Charlton is such a small part of Roland's portfolio he can afford to let us die out of spite - and is likely to do so.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

Maybe time to step up the campaign so that Roland is either ENCOURAGED to sell or, alternatively, to build some bridges before it is too late.

Either way, make no mistake, Charlton's very survival is at stake.

Of course, we could order some more plastic piggies to REALLY show Roland who is boss!

Agree with the bit about Millwall. They would of actually done something about this by now, Dont think it would involve throwing rubbish on the pitch though...
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Well done CARD - not.

We are now in a situation where the fortunes of the club are in freefall. No shock there.

Now, I hate Millwall as much as most Charlton fans but have to say that if they were in our position they would have got it sorted by now, either by fair means or foul. In my opinion CARD's actions have just made matters worse.

All CARD's pathetic efforts have done is to tweak the tiger's tail so that Roland is so pissed off he is not going to sell and, I fear, is prepared to let the club fall into the abyss. Relegation is a real possibility and then who knows?

Trouble is that Charlton is such a small part of Roland's portfolio he can afford to let us die out of spite - and is likely to do so.

Maybe time to step up the campaign so that Roland is either ENCOURAGED to sell or, alternatively, to build some bridges before it is too late.

Of course, we could order some more plastic piggies to REALLY show Roland who is boss!

Agree with the bit about Millwall. They would of actually done something about this by now, Dont think it would involve throwing rubbish on the pitch though...
    Really? So what would they have done differently which would have resulted in Duchatelet being gone by now?

Nothing would have changed his stance.
  • Options

iainment said:

RedChaser said:

iainment said:

RedChaser said:

iainment said:

Wilma said:

Lurker said:

Rose of Denmark anyone?
    Grow up.
    Chaser has 20 years on you.
    Harsh gazza. Very harsh
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Well done CARD - not.

Not so sure - with the threat to their ground by Lewisham Council, they resorted to ... articles in the Guardian and running a very unsuccessful candidate against Heidi Alexander. Both of those have been done already (albeit ROT's election is later this year).
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

redbuttle said:

Well done CARD - not.

Really? So what would they have done differently which would have resulted in Duchatelet being gone by now?

Nothing would have changed his stance.
    They would have done plenty by now, though the vast majority of it probably would not be legal!
  • Options

Well done CARD - not.

What do you suggest? I am sure CARD would love to hear.
  • Options
    They would’ve done what standard done and stormed the old cnuts offices and Implied in a very polite way explaining that him and his family are very able to be reached

Seemed to work at Leige
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are certain 'pinch points' when staging a football match, the referee is one of them.
  • Options

Would it not be more beneficial for CARD to fund the staff of Charlton and get a top lawyer to expose the wrong doings of the owner and breaking a contractual agreement. This would get more exposure within the national press as well as the EFL rather than demonstrate to someone whom is in a completely different country.
    By taking him to court it would cost him personally a fortune, damage his business credibility but more importantly get the monies owed to the staff.

I've said this before, but I would be interested to see the actual contract the staff were give

If there's ANY get out clause in the wording, then the staff would lose a court case, it would be a waste of everyone's time, and they might be liable for costs etc

This is separate from the MORAL issue of course
  • Options
    Basically I agree with an any action that is anti Roland. My worry would be the late call to arms here which, as Davo admits, means some of the resources and planning that have been behind many of the more successful protests won’t be in place.

Nevertheless, good luck to everybody who attends on Saturday.
  • Options

I've said this before, but I would be interested to see the actual contract the staff were give

If there's ANY get out clause in the wording, then the staff would lose a court case, it would be a waste of everyone's time, and they might be liable for costs etc

But not separate from working to rule.
  • Options

Is it not likely that between the entire group of staff they would have noticed and understood such a caveat? Is it not likely that in seeking professional advice it will be pointed out to them if they haven’t?

I had all this garbage about costs and the dim view the judge would take from Slater and co six years ago. I ran rings round them in the formal process without paying a penny in costs to anyone because they had no case and even the one they put together was full of mistakes and misunderstandings. There is nothing to fear in going to a tribunal.
    ......If you are in the right and you know it.