Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• They are taking the piss and I have no problem with that.
    Just make sure we do the same next test
  • One of the things that i have noticed being spoken about is Woakes to open the batting instead of Jennings. As mad as it might sound, it might not be a bad temporary call. He has a good technique, and certainly cant do any worse than Jennings.

18 wickets yesterday, zero so far today.

I don't rate Jennings myself, but he was our top scorer yesterday.

Just saying
    Burns is under threat just as much really
  • One of the things that i have noticed being spoken about is Woakes to open the batting instead of Jennings. As mad as it might sound, it might not be a bad temporary call. He has a good technique, and certainly cant do any worse than Jennings.

Just saying
    The top three is a shambles tbf.
    It puts the middle order under pressure.
  • edited January 2019
    202 for Holder and declaration. We need 628
  • Only 628 to win.
  • England need 628 to win. Easy

Just saying
    The problem that Jennings has, as Athers said, is that he keeps getting out the same way - so he is an easy target for oppo bowlers. At least you feel with Burns that there is a method there somewhere , maybe.
  • Anybody know what the biggest England defeat is ? in terms of runs.
  • Anybody know what the biggest England defeat is ? in terms of runs.

As we are going to win this test your question is pointless
  • edited January 2019
    562 runs vs Australia in 1934.

2. 425 runs vs WI in 1976
    3. 409 vs Australia, 1948.
    4. 405 vs Australia, 2015.
    5. 384 vs Australia, 2002.
  • Sponsored links:

Just saying
    The problem that Jennings has, as Athers said, is that he keeps getting out the same way - so he is an easy target for oppo bowlers. At least you feel with Burns that there is a method there somewhere , maybe.
    I always think Burns looks decent, yet always gets out in an unlucky/unfortunate way.
  • What's the required run rate.... :-)
  • About 3.5 an over

Unfortunately we are about 2 an over at present - need to accelerate a little but we do have plenty of time yet....
  • 18 wickets yesterday
    none today
  • How did everyone do in the Lord's ballot?

I went for restricted view tickets for the first 3 days, and got a ticket in the Lower Mound Stand for day 1. Worth £45 anyway!

I went for Day 2 restricted mound @45, Day 3 Edrich @100, day 4 restricted mound @30,

Got confirmation at half 8 this evening that we got the day 4 restricted mound which are great seats. Husband hasn’t got his email yet.

I went for restricted view tickets for the first 3 days, and got a ticket in the Lower Mound Stand for day 1. Worth £45 anyway!

I went for Day 2 restricted mound @45, Day 3 Edrich @100, day 4 restricted mound @30,

Got confirmation at half 8 this evening that we got the day 4 restricted mound which are great seats. Husband hasn’t got his email yet.
    3 or 4 of us applied and have heard nowt.
  • 18 wickets yesterday
    none today

be pretty annoying if you only had tickets for today's play
  • The way the pitch played today, suddenly there's a realistic chance of play on Day 5!
  • The way the pitch played today, suddenly there's a realistic chance of play on Day 5!

Ha.

Hahahaha.

Lol.

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

Ha.

Hahahaha.

Lol.

:-)
    If Dowrich can bat for 5/6 hours, then so can Jennings, Bairstow, Root, Stokes and Buttler

I applied for Upper Compton on Day 2 but have heard nothing. Fortunately have already got tickets secured via MCC member.
  • Riviera said:

How did everyone do in the Lord's ballot?

I applied for Upper Compton on Day 2 but have heard nothing. Fortunately have already got tickets secured via MCC member.
    You will hear from them, either way. The process seems to take several days!
  • Btw

Odds on the Arsenal Man U game were very poor in play so looked at the test march

Put 60 quid on Windies win to get 9 quid back

Getting a tad worried now.. NOT
  • What’s the weather forecast?
  • What’s the weather forecast?

• It’s happening!!
  • BR3red said:

Btw

Odds on the Arsenal Man U game were very poor in play so looked at the test march

Put 60 quid on Windies win to get 9 quid back

Getting a tad worried now.. NOT

For what possible reason would you do that hahaha
  • England simply need to try to get some batting time under their belts - try to stay out there as long as they can and get some batting practice. Would like Burns to push on and see if he can cement his place in the short term, must admit, its the first time ive really watched him in any depth, and he is a real twerker at the crease - you could see why there was maybe some reticence from selectors to pick him.
    You never know, if Jennings and Burns can get through the first hour unscathed then we might be able to take it to day 5.
  • Jeffrey Dujon apparently said on day 1 that days 3 and 4 would be the best for batting.
    Well, he was right for the first statement - lets see what day 4 brings.