Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Its now possible that England could bat again tonight, which could mean all four innings having played on 1 day - i wonder when that last happened ? if ever?
  • Its now possible that England could bat again tonight, which could mean all four innings having played on 1 day - i wonder when that last happened ? if ever?

It has happened before, between these two teams in fact - the 2nd test at Lord's in 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Indian_cricket_team_in_England_in_2000#2nd_Test

30 June 2002. Start of day, West Indies were 267/9. We made 134 all out. Then bowled the West Indies out for 54 (Caddick 5-16). We were 0/0 at the close.

It's happened a few times since then. But that was a pretty special match.
  • Windies going for it now. Trying to hit Ali out of the attack.
  • edited January 2019
    120-6 Hetmeyer c Buttler b Curran 31 127-6 cop.
  • edited January 2019
    Haven't been able to follow.

Just checking in...

• Ha ha. If you are gonna have a spat might as well go high.
  • Go on, i wont tell, but how many have changed channel to watch Chelsea v Spurs ?

52-1

Blimey, was that the Chelsea score? I thought they might win but not by 51 goals.
  • How did everyone do in the Lord's ballot?

I went for restricted view tickets for the first 3 days, and got a ticket in the Lower Mound Stand for day 1. Worth £45 anyway!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Lions got battered again

India A 303-6
    Eng 165 A/O
  • Ouch. Just looking at the bowling, Porter 1-71 while Bess only bowled 5 overs
  • Remember when I got laughed at the other week for calling Holder a world-class allrounder?
  • Had faint hopes at the start of play that we might have an outside chance of a win but no wickets thus far this morning has put paid to that, though we have beaten the bat frequently and been a bit unlucky not to have got a couple of wickets.
    Most we can hope for now is a miraculous draw......possible but most unlikely.
  • Holder smashes his third six. 105 partnership now.
  • Has someone swapped the pitch, 18 wickets fell yesterday, whereas batting has looked relatively comfortable today!
  • Has someone swapped the pitch, 18 wickets fell yesterday, whereas batting has looked relatively comfortable today!

only going by the radio but harminson is suggesting that our bowling has been poor, nothing aiming at the stumps. also roots field placements is getting some criticism. lead 439.
  • also the pitch is getting very flat. never know, when we eventually get them out/they declare, we could mount a comeback with the bat.

only going by the radio but harminson is suggesting that our bowling has been poor, nothing aiming at the stumps. also roots field placements is getting some criticism. lead 439.
    I agree with all of that plus their body language looks poor.
    I fully expect us to collapse when we do eventually bat.
    This has been a very poor performance this morning.
  • 237/6 lunch

over all lead 449

Holder 80
    Dowrich 61
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah. Body language. Dreadful. I have no idea why their body language would be so bad. While fielding. Over, after painful over. Chasing leather. In the heat.

Being 439 behind, i dont suppose their body language is going to be the best, but also expect us to collapso with a score of less than 200 maybe not even 150.
  • Jimmy and Stokes put in a massive effort in the 1st innings, get 4 hours off then have to bowl again.
  • Chizz said:

Has someone swapped the pitch, 18 wickets fell yesterday, whereas batting has looked relatively comfortable today!

Yeah. Body language. Dreadful. I have no idea why their body language would be so bad. While fielding. Over, after painful over. Chasing leather. In the heat.
    Yes it must be so hard for them having to spend an English winter in the Windies playing the game they love and getting well paid for it.
    My heart bleeds.
  • Holder gets his ton. Rashid knocked out of the attack

which means Anderson is now bowling again with a ball 76 odd overs old.
  • so, pitch is now good for batting. No reason why 4 or 5 of our players cant get 50+ runs with a couple going on the get tons. Cant see us winning or even drawing this test but surely we should be getting 350 +

reckon we'll be all out for less than 300.
  • Jennings bowling. Holder sends it in the air only for Burns to drop the catch.
  • This pitch is now playing like a batsmans paradise.
    When England bat I bet it looks like a minefield

which means Anderson is now bowling again with a ball 76 odd overs old.
    Unbelievable Jeff.
    Is that right?