Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Check the weather forecast first!
  • Strange how one session makes you think that The Ashes could be a long way off winning.

But we won't be under cooked when the Ashes start.
  • When you've got a 212-run deficit on first innings you need to keep it tight at the start of the second.

WI 13-0 after two overs. Three boundaries conceded.

Marvellous tactics by Root: lull the Windies into a false of security and hoodwink the Aussies at the same time.
  • Boylesports apparently has the WI at 5/2 for this game (oddschecker).
    I'd open an account & stick my house on it, if I could find cricket betting on their site.

Oddschecker just slow to pull the odds from their site. Boylesports have them at 1/10.
  • And we've now lost a review - Jimmy even said "I think so" and that means "it's got very little chance of being overturned"
  • I would have enforced the follow on......all day every day. Our batsman would have be like rabbits caught in the headlights & most likely 4 or 5 down by close of play. I don't think we would have got anymore than 250/300 leaving them less than 100 to get.

All this does is drag out the game more. They bat until tea tomorrow & get a 450+ lead and bowl us out on the 4th day.....instead of being all over befire tea tomorrow.
  • I would have enforced the follow on......all day every day. Our batsman would have be like rabbits caught in the headlights & most likely 4 or 5 down by close of play. I don't think we would have got anymore than 250/300 leaving them less than 100 to get.

All this does is drag out the game more. They bat until tea tomorrow & get a 450+ lead and bowl us out on the 4th day.....instead of being all over befire tea tomorrow.

Agree Golfie, except i wouldnt have anything to watch after the Pboro game (not that its guaranteed now anyway).

Alternatively, it's possible if unlikely that we scored 400+ and then went on to win the game.

It's strange how there are a few posters on here, that it seems like I invariably disagree with most everything they ever post :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Knackering Jimmy out might be a clever move for the West Indies. 30 overs in the first innings, a minimal break, now back out there
  • West Indies are broke.

Probably been told to bat to try and get an extras days play.
  • edited January 2019
    MrOneLung said:

West Indies are broke.

Probably been told to bat to try and get an extras days play.

I wouldn't bet against that. The fact that Sky initially reported that they had enforced the follow-on makes you wonder if someone from the Windies board or management didn't rush in to the dressing room & had a word with their captain.
  • Go on, i wont tell, but how many have changed channel to watch Chelsea v Spurs ?
  • Brathwaite lbw Moeen 24 Chelsea v Spurs on TV. Cricket on laptop.
  • edited January 2019
    Privilege to be able to watch Anderson first hand yesterday. Not sure what the correct description is for today’s afternoon session, but at least it’s warm.
  • Is everyone still convinced we picked too many batman for this Test?
  • Campbell c Jennings b Stokes 33
  • Sponsored links:

• Bravo c Stokes b Moeen 1
  • Has Mark Ramprakash swapped dressing rooms?
  • Chase c Stokes b Moeen 0
  • And some people dont think about Stokes catching and fielding in the best all-rounder category.
  • Chizz said:

Is everyone still convinced we picked too many batman for this Test?

We didn't pick enough.

We needed at least 14 batsman to get a competitive score.
  • Hope c Jennings b Stokes 3