Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Leuth said:

Gabriel bowled the first over and then left the field clutching his hamstring :smile:

Weird that you'd throw in a smiley face there. Do you want England to win this Test by fair means or foul?
    Nothing "foul" about Gabriel pulling a hammy - it wasn't as if one of England's Barmy Army shot him!
  • Denly survives an lbw review umpires call saves him ...looked plum i thought
  • Denly just got away with an lbw on umpires call.
    The ball was taking nearly half of his leg stump.
  • Let's hope Joe makes the most of that bit of fortune. Survival is the key for the next 20-25 overs.
  • I don’t get this. It goes to review and is shown on all counts to be clearly out but it stays with umpires call as not out? What’s the point in reviewing it then?
  • WOW - that was plumb haha!
  • I don’t get this. It goes to review and is shown on all counts to be clearly out but it stays with umpires call as not out? What’s the point in reviewing it then?

Over half the ball has to be hitting.
    Stupid rule tbf.
    In tennis the ball only has to be touching the line to be given in.
  • Denly off the mark!

Over half the ball has to be hitting.
    Stupid rule tbf.
    In tennis the ball only has to be touching the line to be given in.
    Cheers. I hadn’t realised that.

I agree with you but it's all to do with the acceptance that the technology is not 100% accurate. The review system is meant to be about changing decisions that are blatantly wrong. It could be argued that that was.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Spot on by the umpire. (Phew) Denley is away now.
  • Leuth said:

Gabriel bowled the first over and then left the field clutching his hamstring :smile:

Weird that you'd throw in a smiley face there. Do you want England to win this Test by fair means or foul?
    Nothing "foul" about Gabriel pulling a hammy - it wasn't as if one of England's Barmy Army shot him!
    I should have said 'by skill or luck'

Denly has opted, so far, for 'luck'
  • That was well played Joe
  • Lovely drive - think that would have been a boundary at Lords or the Oval.
  • Leuth said:

PS You're such a strange bloke.
    I suppose you would be unhappy on Saturday if Ched Evans went off injured after 5 minutes ?
  • Leuth said:

I suppose you would be unhappy on Saturday if Ched Evans went off injured after 5 minutes ?
    Edgbaston. McGrath...
  • I give up -why?
  • Wow, what a way to go
  • Cannot believe that.
  • Amateur hour , oh lets get bat on ball , clown dismissal ffs patience you divs it's a test match
  • Sponsored links:

• Shocking, shocking shot selection, chase now drops another awful shot. England batting, again, like idiots.
  • A terrible shot it must be said.
    But a very tough wicket to be making your debut on.
  • Leuth said:

Cricket doesn't have substitutions. And Shannon Gabriel isn't a [redacted]
  • the Windies look to be back to the days of Marshall, Holding, Croft, Garner and as far back as Hall & Griffith and Sobers .. their batting looks pretty good as well. Augers well for the health of test cricket though not well at all for English batsmen
  • An absolutely terrible shot by Denly.
    I'd not even expect a no 11 to play a shot like that in a Test.
  • Shame. A pretty, simple, elegant batsman who played a shot that made him look anything but.
  • Denly following my Friday night motive and chasing wide ones.

That was appalling.
  • Shame. A pretty, simple, elegant batsman who played a shot that made him look anything but.

Joe is now a fully-fledged England player. He's been in the Test side five minutes and he's gone native already.
  • Bairstow a good man to have out there imo