Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Foakes and Curran depart in quick succession.

186-9
  • Ok now we have an hour to show what we can do.
    I actually think we will do reasonable well
  • Bairstow keeping wicket, as Foakes presumably has hurt his hand
  • Bairstow keeping wicket, as Foakes presumably has hurt his hand

I hope he doesn't have to take a nick soon because he's shelling a few takes at the moment.
  • Campbell tries to SCOOP Stuart Broad in a Test!!!! Broad is SO angry haha
  • Curran you are an idiot
  • Windies batsmen giving the English a lesson in patience .. who'd a thunk it
  • Curran you are an idiot

Bit harsh! He's only 14...
  • Riviera said:

Curran you are an idiot

Bit harsh! He's only 14...
    And he shouldn't have played in the first test, nore should he be playing here. 100% he was the correct selection in Sri Lanka. 100% he isn't now. A number 9 should be a front line bowler in these conditions, he isn't, sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Australia, tbf, playing a side that just got whitewashed at home by England...
  • "I 'ate you Buttler" Broad has just been heard by stump mike to say
  • Broad is having one of those days so far
  • Gee wiz - that last ball from Broad went like a boomerang off the surface
  • Leuth said:

Broad is having one of those days so far

Bowling really well.
    Nothing going his way at the moment.
    But I get the feeling that if we get one out a mini collapse could easily happen on this wicket.
  • some good bowling but some very intelligent batting by the west indies. take note England.
  • some good bowling but some very intelligent batting by the west indies. take note England.

Quite - it's almost as if the West Indies are playing like we used to years ago in just trying to occupy the crease in the knowledge that the runs will eventually come. And we are trying to play like the West Indies used to in paying little regard to the pitch and bowling and attempting to hit our way out of any given situation.

Trouble is they are doing a better impression of us than we are of them.
  • As crap a batsman at test level Jennings might be he is a fantastic fielder it must be said.
  • As crap a batsman at test level Jennings might be he is a fantastic fielder it must be said.

Perhaps he could be our permanent 12th man - we could get one of our batsmen to go down injured in the field each and every innings.
  • Sponsored links:

Perhaps he could be our permanent 12th man - we could get one of our batsmen to go down injured in the field each and every innings.
    Although slightly unsporting that works for me.

I think Ponting used very similar words when the England sub ran him out. I believe he actually called him by his name too in doing so - Pratt

I think Ponting used very similar words when the England sub ran him out. I believe he actually called him by his name too in doing so - Pratt
    Anything that wound Ponting up has to be a good thing surely.
  • Something about Australian captains that used to wind me up.
    Proper arrogant twats some of em
  • well done Broad. finally got his wicket!
  • Well bowled Broad. Those two wickets thoroughly deserved but this really is a joke of a Test pitch
  • Something about Australian captains that used to wind me up.
    Proper arrogant twats some of em

feel the same. regarding Ponting, whenever i've heard him since doing punditry it annoys me that he actually comes across quite well.
  • Imagine if we produced pitches like the first two in this series for the Ashes. People that had tickets for the 3rd day would be worried about not seeing any cricket let alone those that had them for the 4th!
  • If there's one thing we've learnt from the last few years of Test cricket, it's that if the collapse is on, it's quite hard to stop. England can surge here

*cue another 300-run partnership between Holder and Dowrich*
  • edited February 2019
    EDIT: Burns DROP, Surrey lot can feel bad. Didn't recognise him so assumed Denly