Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Denly - you should have gone to Specsavers. Looks no better than Jennings & he's shite.
  • Jennings back in!!!!!!!!1!
  • Have to say I am impressed by the bowling attack.
  • West Indies made batting look so easy.Absolute disasterous tour so far.Pathetic 2nd innings so far.Could be over tonight.
  • (1) The wicket is not a Test pitch
    (2) The WI have the pace combined with height to cause our batsmen, who struggle when conditions are anything other than friendly because of technical flaws and game that is based on counter attack, major issues
    (3) We don't have the bowling attack to take advantage of anything other than big turning tracks or typically seam friendly

The only difference between us here and against Australia is that the pitches out there weren't as bad as this one
  • This kind of pitch is good for Test cricket imo
  • Leuth said:

This kind of pitch is good for Test cricket imo

Test cricket is meant to be played over 5 days and pitches should naturally deteriorate over that time. If you produce wickets like this you will rarely get beyond the 3rd day. And you shouldn't have balls that rear off a length and shoot on the first day. That is not a "fair" test.
  • Talk about the pitch all you want

Very poor dismissals by England

Moeen lazy soft shot when you need to dig in to save a test
  • Did I hear right about half an hour ago? Graham Thorpe our batting coach is in the Sky studio. If I heard correctly, that is literally unbelievable.
  • I’ve seen Thorpe in the studio ...
    Is he our batting coach ??
    That’s mental if true
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019

Did I hear right about half an hour ago? Graham Thorpe our batting coach is in the Sky studio. If I heard correctly, that is literally unbelievable.

Mark Ramprakash is the England batting coach. Graham Thorpe is in the studio.

Literally believable.
  • BR3red said:

Talk about the pitch all you want

I also said that our batting isn't good enough. This is not a Test wicket though.
  • That ball tracking is bullshit
    How that not going over !!
  • Chizz said:

Did I hear right about half an hour ago? Graham Thorpe our batting coach is in the Sky studio. If I heard correctly, that is literally unbelievable.

Literally believable.
    Fair enough, I obviously misheard whilst cooking dinner, which is why I queried it. NB perhaps Thorpe should replace Ramps.
  • Chizz said:

Literally believable.
    Fair enough, I obviously misheard whilst cooking dinner, which is why I queried it. NB perhaps Thorpe should replace Ramps.
    Watching this pile of cack, replacing him with Jeremy Thorpe wouldn’t be much worse.
  • Thank God for the 6 Nations today
  • Oh god, the rugby team won didn't they
  • BR3red said:

I also said that our batting isn't good enough. This is not a Test wicket though.
    It's not the best wicket but Windies sold their own wickets dearly ....we didn't
  • lolwray said:

BR3red said:

It's not the best wicket but Windies sold their own wickets dearly ....we didn't
    I totally agree and I have said time and time again that out batting is based around performances in one day cricket.- but we don't have their bowling attack on that track.

Put another way, do we think that the Windies would have got 300 plus against the Australian or South African fast bowling attack? Root's ball in the first innings that reared was unplayable as was the one that hit Chase around the ankles.
    Just a couple of the instances from many that behaved ridiculously in the first and second days of a Test match.

Ignoring the fact that two and a half days of play are lost, the last thing the game needs is someone being seriously injured because a track is dangerous. This one would have been reported had this been a county championship match.

But, yes we don't have any batsmen who are prepared to just occupy the crease a la Brathwaite and Bravo. Or the bowlers with the consistent pace and bounce of their four quicks.
  • BR3red said:

Agreed @Addick Addict but it is irrelevant in relation to our performance. Look at what Bravo did.
    We are averaging around 16 runs per wicket in the series, WI almost 39. Our highest total in the series is lower than the WI's lowest.

• Sponsored links:

• I was seriously considering booking a holiday to watch a couple of the Tests, but decided against as I expected the series to produce one sided, embarrassing matches. I was right in my prediction, but got the humiliated team wrong...
  • We have just scored 642 runs in FOUR test innings... 160 an innings.

These batsmen for England are good enough to beat any team in the world.

We had no mental strength, executed poor shots and were not disciplined enough.

To blame the pitch is like blaming the loss of a toss.
  • Riviera said:

BR3red said:

Agreed @Addick Addict but it is irrelevant in relation to our performance. Look at what Bravo did.
    We are averaging around 16 runs per wicket in the series, WI almost 39. Our highest total in the series is lower than the WI's lowest.

West Indies in the series yes. But I will bet anyone (and it's hypothetical so I can't lose anyway) that South Africa or Australia would have bowled them out for less than 150 on this pitch.

So a technically flawed batting line up plus an aged and relatively slow bowling attack is not going to get us anywhere.
  • Just heard another stat on TalkSport, we are the only Test team to average under 300 in 1st innings over the last 2 years.
  • I want this Test ended with a Campbell scoop for six off Broad
  • Riviera said:

BR3red said:

West Indies in the series yes. But I will bet anyone (and it's hypothetical so I can't lose anyway) that South Africa or Australia would have bowled them out for less than 150 on this pitch.

So a technically flawed batting line up plus an aged and relatively slow bowling attack is not going to get us anywhere.
    Sorry but what point are you making? I'm not being funny by the way.
  • BR3red said:

We have just scored 642 runs in FOUR test innings... 160 an innings.

These batsmen for England are good enough to beat any team in the world.

We had no mental strength, executed poor shots and were not disciplined enough.

To blame the pitch is like blaming the loss of a toss.

Well the Windies didn't choose to bat on it did they? And nine times out of ten the team that wins the toss decides to bat. Unless you know that the track has something that suits your bowlers or your Nasser!
  • Just time for a terrible Broad review :D
  • And then there's a six to finish. Wrong bowler and more of a slog, but Campbell delivers. England do not!