Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    If Jennings plays there has never been a more nailed-on fluky second-innings century against a tired attack in the history of cricket 
    For a Worcestershire fan you ain't as silly as you should be.  😁😁
  • Foakes has been dropped which is slightly unfair on him. Stokes fit with Wood and Jennings in 12. Rather hope that they are going to play Wood and not Jennings but will Bairstow be batting at 3 and keeping wicket?
    Injured
  • Leuth said:
    If Jennings plays there has never been a more nailed-on fluky second-innings century against a tired attack in the history of cricket 
    You've done it now. Again.

Last time you said he would get a 50 and he got a ton. Now he's on for a double.
  • Foakes has been dropped which is slightly unfair on him. Stokes fit with Wood and Jennings in 12. Rather hope that they are going to play Wood and not Jennings but will Bairstow be batting at 3 and keeping wicket?
    Injured
    Don't think he was, pretty sure he's been dropped. 
  • lolwray said:
    Heard that its jennings at 3 and bairstow 7   
    ...Id rather see my mum bat at 3 ..although I concede Jennings is a better short leg 

Or Denly at 3 with Jennings opening. 

Wood in for Curran seems likely to me, Curran's bowling has been powder puff
    Injured
    Dropped:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/47175439
  • They seem to have changed their mind about the keeping position and batting Bairstow at 3 which is why they have dropped Foakes.
  • Series won.....Windies won't be playing at 100%. Selectors know this so "shoehorn" Jennings back into the side. Awful decision. 
  • All I can say is that Jennings must be the absolute bollocks to be recalled again....

.......in the nets :-1:

• Sponsored links:

• Dropping Foakes? He is a better keeper than Bairstow and better average with the bat at the mo.

Root should step up and take No.3

Root needs to stop being a politician and be a Leader.

We have pretty much 1 more test Match before the Ashes - shambles

ps. How shite must Sri Lanka must have been??
  • 10/11 England to lose first wicket for less than 24.5 runs.  Pile it on. 
  • Why not keep Bairstow at 3 and let Buttler keep? 
  • Riviera said:
    Why not keep Bairstow at 3 and let Buttler keep? 
    Bairstow wants to keep and had the raving hump when they gave the gloves to Foakes. He would rather keep and bat at 7 than bat at 3 and not keep. Buttler isn't good enough at Test level either imo and I suspect in the eyes of the selectors.
  • edited February 2019
    England have got themselves in a right mess in the selection on this tour.  

They have got everything wrong, the make up of the party, the selection for all 3 tests. An all rounder is ment to give you balance, trying to fit 3 in is weakening the batting AND bowling.  Ali can't bat in the top 6, Stokes can't bowl as the 3rd seemer incase he brakes, Curren is a 4th seemer who can bat. 

A present I would say none of those are "all rounders" and should stop being selected as such. 
  • edited February 2019
     Nothing will change until the selectors stop picking 20/20 players for the top 6. I'm all for increased runs per over, but we have too many "all rounders" and "big hitters" in the side.....to the detriment of "innings builders"
  • But show me the innings builders you want to bring in. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    But show me the innings builders you want to bring in. 
    Indeed.

They are almost extinct in the modern game.
  • With more and more cricketers committing to 20 20 cricket and the money that is on offer in the IPL  and various other competitions I'm afraid it won't get better any time soon. 
  • edited February 2019
    I think the only different thing that could be done is to bring in some seasoned 4 day batsmen but they are few and far between. It could be argued though that they have done that with Burns and, to a lesser extent, Denly.

Hildreth, Clarke, Duckett (Jennings has had loads of chances) but then the cupboard looks bare.

Maybe a punt on Lawrence of Essex or Livingstone at Lancashire as they are younger but barrels are being scraped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:
    Especially as he rarely catches a ball fielding in the slips :smile:
  • Riviera said:
    Bairstow isn't a number 3 though. 
  • West Indies win the toss (Root's a useless tosser) and have put us in. 
  • Curran left out.
  • Surrey thread will be going bananas - first Foakes dropped then Curran. 
  • Foakes wrong call.

Curran right call.
  • Riviera said:
    Who is though?  Except possibly Root....
  • edited February 2019
    So Root has picked the team. Got his mate to keep and left out Foakes who averages over 40 in both First Class and Test cricket. And is a better keeper too.
  • Riviera said:
    Who is though?  Except possibly Root....
    Except definitely Root. I used to be a massive fan of Root but I think he is hiding behind the captaincy now and using that position to ensure that he doesn't have to bat at 3.