Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Looking like a dreadful decision to bowl first. Oh god here comes that big score for Jennings
  • I still can't understand how Stoneman was dropped so quickly, yet Jennings seemly is immune from the axe. I don't think Stoneman is great, but he's better than bloody Jennings..
  • 5-0 off 5.1 overs and now rain. On course to get s draw here if the rain sets in.
  • Jennings out for8 - time for Joe D
  • Sack the entire fucking selection panel 
  • Leuth said:
    Sack the entire fucking selection panel 
    100 % this.
    Shocking selection time after time 
  • Leuth said:
    Sack the entire fucking selection panel 
    100 % this.
    Shocking selection time after time 
    They don't have an easy job with the top order, I mean there just seems to be nobody out there. 

But for the most part I agree, we wouldn't have been any worse opening with Woakes or Curran who can bowl aswell. 
  • Burns completely done by a straight one there, weird shot. Anyway the Test begins here
  • Denly done by a straight one too! Actually that one came back in a bit, good nut. The Test really does begin here haha
  • Buttler completely getting away with one there, Bravo tipping it out of Hetmyer's hands. Is he really a Test-class middle-order batsman?
  • Sponsored links:

• I...wow.
  • I have a feeling Burns 29 May be the top score in this innings.
  • There is a CAFC badge on a flag alongside a Chelsea badge. Anyone on here? 
  • edited February 2019
    Riviera said:
    Why not keep Bairstow at 3 and let Buttler keep? 
    Bairstow wants to keep and had the raving hump when they gave the gloves to Foakes. He would rather keep and bat at 7 than bat at 3 and not keep. Buttler isn't good enough at Test level either imo and I suspect in the eyes of the selectors.
    Well there you are! Serious senior management issue here. Bairstow did this last summer too against India and threw his toys out. With our lack of class batting we need the senior batsmen who are Bairstow and Root to do what is right for the team. They must bat 3 and 4, ideally Root at 3. 
     England and the modern game as a whole has lost all respect for the position of wicket keeper. Bairstow is not massively better than Buttler with the gloves or Buttler is not massively worse than Bairstow which ever way you want to look at it. So Bairstow must be told to concentrate on his batting and forget keeping. If we are not going to play our best keeper than give it to Buttler and bat him at 7. 
     Bizarrely as it may seem, in the situation we are in on this tour it could be argued to have played Foakes as a batsman instead of Jennings with Buttler keeping. 
  • Riviera said:
    Why not keep Bairstow at 3 and let Buttler keep? 
    Bairstow isn't a number 3 though. 
    But if the captain won't do it than he must be made to become one, for now at least. 
  • Leuth said:
    Burns completely done by a straight one there, weird shot. Anyway the Test begins here
    It was weird - for Test cricket but I suspect that he works balls through midwicket all the time from outside the off side in one day cricket against bowlers who are delivering at 75mph. Equally, Jennings probably throws his hands all the time in county cricket at that pace without moving his feet and gets away with it.

And there is the answer why we can't find Test openers.

• Stokes, after an increasingly assured innings, out to a freak c&b. Now for the vaunted lower-middle order...
  • Oh it's given as a no-ball! Ridiculous
  • Never been a fan of TalkSport but I must concede they are knocking spots off TMS this winter. They talk about cricket. No stupid Public Schoolboy sniggering. No unfunny wind-ups. No flippant, facetious comments and above all no Graeme Swann.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:
    Never been a fan of TalkSport but I must concede they are knocking spots off TMS this winter. They talk about cricket. No stupid Public Schoolboy sniggering. No unfunny wind-ups. No flippant, facetious comments and above all no Graeme Swann.  
    Jarrod Kimber is there isn't he - he's superb
  • Leuth said:
    Riviera said:
    Never been a fan of TalkSport but I must concede they are knocking spots off TMS this winter. They talk about cricket. No stupid Public Schoolboy sniggering. No unfunny wind-ups. No flippant, facetious comments and above all no Graeme Swann.  
    Jarrod Kimber is there isn't he - he's superb
    I don't know him. There are one or two voices I don't recognise. I'm not saying it's perfect but I like it being far more cricket oriented rather than the TMS Laugh-in. Much better features during the breaks too instead of the BBC box ticking interviews. 
  • Leuth said:
    England probably got enough for 300-400 here. Given the flimsy nature of Test cricket, expect the WI all out for 200 or so, and England to bat anew with a healthy lead. Up fucking steps Keaton Jennings, just when absolutely nobody wants him
    That's what happens when the rubber becomes dead. Papers over the cracks...
  • Riviera said:
    I don't know a single person who lives listening to Swann.
  • Riviera said:
    I don't know a single person who loves listening to Swann.
    Graeme Swann maybe?
  • The frustrating thing is that Foakes might not get another chance in the Ashes even with Jennings not in the side because someone else will open and Denly will stay at 3. 

Good batsmen can bat anywhere - and Root (although out of form) and Bairstow are good batsmen - and it is purely self preservation on their part that both are dictating when they come in. 

• The frustrating thing is that Foakes might not get another chance in the Ashes even with Jennings not in the side because someone else will open and Denly will stay at 3. 

Good batsmen can bat anywhere - and Root (although out of form) and Bairstow are good batsmen - and it is purely self preservation on their part that both are dictating when they come in. 

Well that is why the likes of Giles, Smith and Bayliss need to start doing their jobs. 
  • ****WARNING**** Pre-digital age joke. 

Someone needs to get those negatives back off of Jennings...

• Riviera said:
    ****WARNING**** Pre-digital age joke. 

Someone needs to get those negatives back off of Jennings...

Anyone able to translate this for the under 25's?