Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Fours are the new sixes, apparently
  • Options
    No, sixes back in fashion 
  • Options
    Top ton from Roy and reached it in 35 fewer balls than Gayle despite hitting fewer sixes.

Shows that being able to run between the wickets is also a useful factor.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Top ton from Roy and reached it in 35 fewer balls than Gayle despite hitting fewer sixes.

Shows that being able to run between the wickets is also a useful factor.

Gayle dropped by Roy on 9 and goes on to make 135 =  minus 126. Roy scores 123 so minus 3 in match.

Is is my imagination or has he put on a few pounds too?
  • Options
    How come Root can bat and score runs at 3 in an ODI but not in a Test match? Is it 'cos he's not captain of the ODI team?
  • Options
    How come Root can bat and score runs at 3 in an ODI but not in a Test match? Is it 'cos he's not captain of the ODI team?
    Better batting pitch. Much more placid pitch. Faster outfield than in the test matches. Poorer bowling attack. No Gabriel, no Roach, no Joseph, not even Chase. 
    Also white bowl which generally is much easier for batsman than the red ball. 

• Options
    The form wheel of fortune has come round again. 
  • Options
    Windies out-cricket has been appalling. Missed some really straightforward chances, dropped some very, very difficult ones too. However this is international cricket, the highest level and they really need to do better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    Better batting pitch. Much more placid pitch. Faster outfield than in the test matches. Poorer bowling attack. No Gabriel, no Roach, no Joseph, not even Chase. 

Appreciate all of that but perhaps I didn't phrase my question correctly i.e. do England tell him where to bat in an ODI but he dictates to them, as captain, where he is prepared to bat in a Test match?

As has been said before, if he did bat at 3 in Test matches we could bring back Foakes at 7 and move Bairstow back up to 4. 
  • Options
    redman said:

Appreciate all of that but perhaps I didn't phrase my question correctly i.e. do England tell him where to bat in an ODI but he dictates to them, as captain, where he is prepared to bat in a Test match?

As has been said before, if he did bat at 3 in Test matches we could bring back Foakes at 7 and move Bairstow back up to 4. 
    And what happens to Denly....  :D
  • Options
    Staticians everywhere searching for highest ODI total successfully chased for least wickets etc...
    @Addick Addict Start crunching! 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    redman said:

And what happens to Denly....  :D
    He opens. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Staticians everywhere searching for highest ODI total successfully chased for least wickets etc...
    @Addick Addict Start crunching! 
    India scored 362-1 chasing against Australia in 2013. Sharma and Kohli both scored undefeated tons but Dhawan "only" managed 95.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    A day and a half in the field, particularly as captain must be mentally & physically tiring.

Also, when he comes in at 3, he's virtually opening as well, (the way our openers have performed, whilst he's been captain).

When he came in at 3 today, he'd been in the field for half a day, had a lunch break and then our openers lasted an hourish.
  • Options
    England win by 6 wickets in 48.4 overs.
    England's highest ODI run chase victory.
  • Options
    A day and a half in the field, particularly as captain must be mentally & physically tiring.

Also, when he comes in at 3, he's virtually opening as well, (the way our openers have performed, whilst he's been captain).

When he came in at 3 today, he'd been in the field for half a day, had a lunch break and then our openers lasted an hourish.
    Pretty much the same when batting at 4! 
  • Options
    That seemed easy, and I never doubted it once we got going. Nice to be able to say that. Some excellent contributions from the top order, wish we could say that about the test team. Let's not get complacent, that was an excellent chase... 4th highest ever I've just hears
  • Options
    I 'll be in the crowd tomorrow and for the games in Grenada and st Lucia...any other lifers out here ? ...and no I won t be wearing a Charlton shirt but if you spot a tubby pink bloke wearing a catford and cyphers shirt and a brown Stetson it's probably me 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woakes out (knee) Tom Curran in.
    Pooran out Cottrell in for WI.
    Engalnd won the toss and will bowl.
  • Options
    WI 65-1 13 overs

Campbell c Moeen b Plunkett 23
  • Options
    Gayle b RASHID 50

98-2

Morgan bringing on Rashid earlier today, even though he maintained he was right to bring him on so late in the 1st game.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    I 'll be in the crowd tomorrow and for the games in Grenada and st Lucia...any other lifers out here ? ...and no I won t be wearing a Charlton shirt but if you spot a tubby pink bloke wearing a catford and cyphers shirt and a brown Stetson it's probably me 

Very jealous. been back almost a week and missing it.  After the game in St Lucia, walk back instead of jumping on the $1.50 bus and have a Piton in the bar halfway between the ground and Gros Islet junction (where the wild horses are running). it's bigger outside than in (essentially a fridge and a till inside)

are you in St Lucia on a Friday?  Gros Islet street party is great fun if you can get there!

• Options
    Hope c Bairstow b Stokes 33

121-3   25.1 overs
  • Options
    Bravo out for 25.
    I must say Hetmyer looks one heck of a prospect .
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Great run out throw there by Rashid. 
    195-4   37.1  overs
  • Options
    Another run out .
    Holder gone 
  • Options
    Those two run outs. High end. Margins. 
  • Options
    Holder run out by Roy 3

Another great run out   207-5.