Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Is that @Airman Brown that I have just seen on the TV by chance celebrating that wicket?
    Not unless Sky have a camera in my front room...
    Wind it back and check just to make sure I'm not going mad!

See - I wasn't going mad. But, in hindsight, he's probably about 10 years younger I would say!
    And five stone lighter 
  • Options
    Is that @Airman Brown that I have just seen on the TV by chance celebrating that wicket?

See - I wasn't going mad. But, in hindsight, he's probably about 10 years younger I would say!
    And five stone lighter 
    He’s got to be more than nine stone...😉
  • Options

See! I was right!! 
  • Options

See! I was right!! 
    Keep an eye on him. If between overs he's trying to sell copies of VOTV to the Barmy Army, we'll know it's the real @Airman Brown
  • Options
    76-5

Hetmyer run out by Denly.
  • Options

And five stone lighter 
    He’s got to be more than nine stone...😉
    As I'm over 16 stone myself I suppose I should shut up  😁
  • Options
    124-6

Denly drops a decent c&b chance.
  • Options

See! I was right!! 
    Keep an eye on him. If between overs he's trying to sell copies of VOTV to the Barmy Army, we'll know it's the real @Airman Brown
    I’ll go and ask him!!!
  • Options
    Is it me or are England Test matches often one sided games in that we win convincingly or get stuffed?
  • Options
    Burns drops a dolly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it me or are England Test matches often one sided games in that we win convincingly or get stuffed?
    Yes, England are very inconsistent, mentally as much as anything, and in this match the Windies have (in a dead rubber and without Holder) somewhat reverted back to type
  • Options
    212-8

1 more to go.
  • Options
    It's why that short New Zealand series was really good - close games iirc.
  • Options
    Looked it up - we still got smashed in the first Test.  Second was close!!
  • Options
    212-8

1 more to go.
    9 down, terrible shot by Gabriel but Paul will bat

Strange tactics by Chase to keep giving Gabriel the strike instead of farming it
  • Options
    236-9

Paul has come in to bat.
  • Options
    Chase gets his ton. Now get out and give Denly a wicket
  • Options
    Joe Denly bowling, fairy tale finish?
    Joe to finish off the test?
  • Options
    Stokes get the final wicket booooooo
  • Options
    252 All Out

Eng win by 232 runs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England win by 232 runs
  • Options
    I meant to go on the Charlton Life website. How did I end up on the Kent CCC website? Did someone get some runs in a dead rubber against a team ranked one point more than Bangladesh?
    How did the Sussex players get on? :-)
    When he makes his England debut, the Sussex supporters will be out in force celebrating the homegrown talent that goes by the name of Jofra Archer.
    I am not a fan of the way it has been handled, but if Archer is fit and available, then he walks into that England side across all three formats.

I have watched a lot of him in the BB, and the bloke has serious pace and hostility. Allied to that he bowls a very awkward natural length, which makes him extremely hard to get away, and has a lethal bouncer.

Not bad with the bat either, and coming in at number nine would be very useful indeed - just a shame he can't bat in the top three!

Just wait until the England bowling coaches get hold of him. He'll be bowling gun barrel straight at 80mph before he has a chance to blink.
  • Options
    Bayliss on Jennings "if he gets into the habit of scoring runs there's no reason why he can't score runs in the Ashes".

Really? He can work on his game for the next 3 months 24/7 but, in my opinion, when the pressure is really on against proper pace, he will revert to type - he'll pick the wrong ball to drive and the feet simply won't move. If, at almost 27, that poor technique is ingrained, I struggle to see how things will change.
  • Options
    Bayliss = Clueless
  • Options
    I hope that's just political speak about somebody still there in the squad. 

I'll be staggered if he plays.
  • Options
    And the debate starts again... who is going to replace him? Everyone talks about our batting openers but...

1 test to go - then the Aussies - If Anderson, Broad or now Wood get injured, we are fooked.

How Root was awarded a 9??? Post match interview he admitted that they made mistakes with selection - no shit Sherlock !

ENGLAND

Rory Burns (29 & 10): A disappointing Test for Burns, and one he might look on as a missed opportunity to properly cement his place in the team. Got out to the first ball of the third day in pretty bad fashion and will want to move on pretty quickly. 2

Keaton Jennings (8 & 23): If we're being brutally honest, Jennings should not have ben playing in this match. England should have had a backup opener. It was not surprising when he failed. 2

Joe Denly (20 & 69; 0-16): An innings that England really needed from a batsman coming in at No.3. The Kent man looked comfortable at the crease, played some beautiful strokes and could probably have gone on to get something bigger. Did well for Hetmyer's run out. 7

Joe Root (15 & 122): A much-needed return to form for the England captain. Had to work very hard for his runs and showed a great deal of grit and determination in the face of some tricky spells of bowling. 9

Jos Buttler (67 & 56): Did not add to his single Test century, but was done by an absolute jaffa from Kemar Roach in the second. England won't mind if he continues putting in these sorts of performances.  8

Ben Stokes (79 & 48*; 0-17 & 2-30): More like the Ben Stokes we all know and love, looked more clear-headed at the crease and batted with confidence. Like Buttler and Denly, will be disappointed not to have got a century, but did enough. 8

Jonny Bairstow (2 & DNB; 1 st): Moved down the order and suddenly looked a lot worse with the bat. Was impressive with the gloves, reacting quickly to stump Keemo Paul in the Windies first innings, which is particularly important in his ongoing battle with Ben Foakes for the gloves. 5

Moeen Ali (13 & DNB; 4-36 & 3-99): Despite England losing this series, Moeen Ali actually might be coming out of with a bit of credit. Bowled beautifully in the Windies first innings, and was unlucky not get more in the second. Took a brilliant catch in the slips. 8

• Options
    BR3red said:
    And the debate starts again... who is going to replace him? Everyone talks about our batting openers but...

1 test to go - then the Aussies - If Anderson, Broad or now Wood get injured, we are fooked.

How Root was awarded a 9??? Post match interview he admitted that they made mistakes with selection - no shit Sherlock !

ENGLAND

Rory Burns (29 & 10): A disappointing Test for Burns, and one he might look on as a missed opportunity to properly cement his place in the team. Got out to the first ball of the third day in pretty bad fashion and will want to move on pretty quickly. 2

Keaton Jennings (8 & 23): If we're being brutally honest, Jennings should not have ben playing in this match. England should have had a backup opener. It was not surprising when he failed. 2

Joe Denly (20 & 69; 0-16): An innings that England really needed from a batsman coming in at No.3. The Kent man looked comfortable at the crease, played some beautiful strokes and could probably have gone on to get something bigger. Did well for Hetmyer's run out. 7

Joe Root (15 & 122): A much-needed return to form for the England captain. Had to work very hard for his runs and showed a great deal of grit and determination in the face of some tricky spells of bowling. 9

Jos Buttler (67 & 56): Did not add to his single Test century, but was done by an absolute jaffa from Kemar Roach in the second. England won't mind if he continues putting in these sorts of performances.  8

Ben Stokes (79 & 48*; 0-17 & 2-30): More like the Ben Stokes we all know and love, looked more clear-headed at the crease and batted with confidence. Like Buttler and Denly, will be disappointed not to have got a century, but did enough. 8

Jonny Bairstow (2 & DNB; 1 st): Moved down the order and suddenly looked a lot worse with the bat. Was impressive with the gloves, reacting quickly to stump Keemo Paul in the Windies first innings, which is particularly important in his ongoing battle with Ben Foakes for the gloves. 5

Moeen Ali (13 & DNB; 4-36 & 3-99): Despite England losing this series, Moeen Ali actually might be coming out of with a bit of credit. Bowled beautifully in the Windies first innings, and was unlucky not get more in the second. Took a brilliant catch in the slips. 8

What happened to Nine, Ten and Jack?
  • Options
    These marks are way over the top for nearly everybody. 8 for a number 5 scoring 67 and 56 and dropping catches.., but could say the same about most. Result of low expectations!
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me why Steven Mullaney is on the Lions Tour? He is 32 and has a First Class batting average of 37 and takes a wicket every 35 runs.

I thought the Lions Tours were meant to be for potential England players but I don't think even he would expect an Ashes call up!
  • Options
    Because Ed Barnard plays for Worcestershire?