Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

RedJohn said:

Message from other forum that we are signing Jonny Williams on a permanent deal.

Thanks Colin
    Our own Essex Al actually who's mate works at Palarse :wink:
    Keep an eye on the activity page then!
  • Options

Richard J said:

Beckles isn't actually a left back though, he's a CB who did a decent jo

What are you opinions on Jack Payne of Bradford?

Asking due to knowing nothing of him and thought some of you will have seen more of him to form an opinion

Rumoured to be a permanent signing for us this window (from Huddersfield).

Stats suggest he's playing well and knows where the net is.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Better than what we have, reckon he could make the step up to the championship. I've heard he was going to Millwall though.
    @Big_Bad_World is a Millwall fan.
    Ahh I see, didn't realise.
    You dick :wink:
    No ...I'm Dick, Mr Dick
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Leuth said:

Why are we signing a player who's basically identical to Ben Reeves except maybe a tiny bit better? I guess I answered my question. Maybe we can play both and they could pass to each other loads

They're both likely to be injured 50 per cent of the time so hopefully one or other might be occasionally available.
  • Options
    Probably both available at the same time and both out for a long stretch...for the rest of the time
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

RedJohn said:

Message from other forum that we are signing Jonny Williams on a permanent deal.

Thanks Colin
    Our own Essex Al actually who's mate works at Palarse :wink:
    Keep an eye on the activity page then!
    Now you know why I didn't post it on here!

Especially if it doesn't happen, never here the last of it! :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2019

RedJohn said:

This would be quite incredible if true. I see Williams as a Championship level player who once had the potential to play at a higher level, but was hammered by injuries. I think that he hasn't actually played below Championship level in his career, so I'm not quite sure how we're pulling this one off even with his injury history. A loan would make more sense given our usual MO. He's apparently on £15,000 p/w at Palace, so I'm amazed we would be looking at a permanent deal for a top earner (he'd have to take a cut but our top earners are around £7,000 p/w aren't they?) with our current ownership..
    Good point about the wages. Plus the player himself would want to see what type of reception he would get plus cafc can send him back if the fragility continued.
  • Options

RedJohn said:

If we can get him fit, cracking player! lets hope he isn't just one for the injury list or signed on pay as you play
    sorry to say @johnnybev1987 .. he's an injury prone little midfielder, 118 games over 7 seasons and just 2 goals .. similar player to Ward but not so robust .. not for me
    I'm usually a bit clueless when it comes to other players but he must have something about it & should enhance the team (when fit) However, I would prefer Ward if it was a choice between the 2.

You never know, Williams injuries may be all behind him & we get 3/4/5 full seasons out of him.
  • Options
    Is this a sign that we're now doing our scouting through Netflix?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He comes across quite well on Sunderland til I die.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

??

edit- just seen above, i assume he featured in sunderland or die thing, haven't seen it
  • Options
    Wolves are interested in signing Tammy Abraham but Chelsea need to decide if they want to a) recall him from his loan at Villa and b) actually sell him
  • Options

RedJohn said:

If we can get him fit, cracking player! lets hope he isn't just one for the injury list or signed on pay as you play
    sorry to say @johnnybev1987 .. he's an injury prone little midfielder, 118 games over 7 seasons and just 2 goals .. similar player to Ward but not so robust .. not for me
    I'm usually a bit clueless when it comes to other players but he must have something about it & should enhance the team (when fit) However, I would prefer Ward if it was a choice between the 2.

You never know, Williams injuries may be all behind him & we get 3/4/5 full seasons out of him.
    IF he joins us, let's hope so .. I'm usually an optimist, but when it comes to signing players I am a pragmatic thinker. I'd prefer newbies who have a decent fitness record and have played regularly for a couple of seasons at least. Our recent new singing (loan and perm)/injury ratio is appalling.
  • Options

Wolves are interested in signing Tammy Abraham but Chelsea need to decide if they want to a) recall him from his loan at Villa and b) actually sell him

Wolves probably only want to buy him to fook up Villa :smile:
  • Options

RedJohn said:

IF he joins us, let's hope so .. I'm usually an optimist, but when it comes to signing players I am a pragmatic thinker. I'd prefer newbies who have a decent fitness record and have played regularly for a couple of seasons at least. Our recent new singing (loan and perm)/injury ratio is appalling.
    funny that, because that's what LB said a week or two back............that anyone coming in would have been playing regularly this season.

looks like more bollox then............
  • Options

??

edit- just seen above, i assume he featured in sunderland or die thing, haven't seen it
    sunderland or die?? bit extreme
  • Options

??

Presumably hes dead then if he's decided to choose us. Wonder how they'll do it.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

??

Presumably hes dead then if he's decided to choose us. Wonder how they'll do it.
    Not everyone in Ben Hur was a Roman.
  • Options
    Is the general feeling that we will have no new bodies through the door for Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is the general feeling that we will have no new bodies through the door for Saturday?

Yep guaranteed
  • Options

On a serious note, I'm hoping the Instagram following situation with Greg Leigh means he's been round the ground and had a medical and just a case of pen to paper but we will see.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

On a serious note, I'm hoping the Instagram following situation with Greg Leigh means he's been round the ground and had a medical and just a case of pen to paper but we will see.
    Also on a serious note he has probably passed the medical.

Out for three months.
  • Options

....and if we don’t, is it good news as sale is going through?
  • Options
    Is RM still heavily involved in dealing with these sort of things?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Midfielder will sign tonight or in morning, left back ready to sign now but bowyer holding off for better next week - ditto the other midfielder

Thanks Dan
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Midfielder will sign tonight or in morning, left back ready to sign now but bowyer holding off for better next week - ditto the other midfielder

Assume this means Williams to sign and that Leigh is likely but Bowyer perhaps wondering if we get taken over by the weekend and can maybe sign a better left back next week?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

DOUCHER said:

Assume this means Williams to sign and that Leigh is likely but Bowyer perhaps wondering if we get taken over by the weekend and can maybe sign a better left back next week?
    Quite how Bowyer and Gallen can effectively plan is beyond me. I think we all know that this latest upsurge in hope is more than likely to come to nothing and certainty not in time to have an impact on this window unless it really does happen within the next day or so.

• Options

DOUCHER said:

I think he is still hoping that JDS could come back.