Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

DOUCHER said:

Midfielder will sign tonight or in morning, left back ready to sign now but bowyer holding off for better next week - ditto the other midfielder

Assume this means Williams to sign and that Leigh is likely but Bowyer perhaps wondering if we get taken over by the weekend and can maybe sign a better left back next week?
    I think he is still hoping that JDS could come back.
    I’m hoping he does but it’s desperate times on fit player numbers. We do need to act swiftly.

• Options

DOUCHER said:

Midfielder will sign tonight or in morning, left back ready to sign now but bowyer holding off for better next week - ditto the other midfielder

Assume this means Williams to sign and that Leigh is likely but Bowyer perhaps wondering if we get taken over by the weekend and can maybe sign a better left back next week?
    Quite how Bowyer and Gallen can effectively plan is beyond me. I think we all know that this latest upsurge in hope is more than likely to come to nothing and certainty not in time to have an impact on this window unless it really does happen within the next day or so.

Gallen will have a list of players for all positions, probable availability and likely costs, and another for potential loan targets. Least of the problems.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

JDS played for Brizzle C over Xmas, so I think you can forget that,
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Or the day after, or next week.

The positions may be different as well, but deffo signings this year. You heard it here first...
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

I didn't realise that but I did read somewhere that Chelski were not happy with the game time he was getting.
  • Options
    Crazy if Chelsea let this happen. Let one of England's brightest young talents leave on the cheap, but spend 60m on an American who can't get in the Dortmund side.

• Options

DOUCHER said:

Or we bring in Beccles if we get taken over and have money to spend. Cant see why he wouldnt be looking to move on following Shrewsbury's collapse this season.
  • Options
    Isn’t Beckles struggling to break into the Shrewsbury team this year?
  • Options
    Probably not true but

"
    Scunthorpe have made a bid for Nicky Ajose #SUFC #CAFC https://t.co/eeWKxBm8LA
    "
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading looking to loan out some bloke called Callum Harriott.
  • Options

Isn’t Beckles struggling to break into the Shrewsbury team this year?

Can’t see us going for Beckles. People have suggested him as an option for left back but Bowyer has said he’d want a left back that is good going forward. Beckles isn’t actually even a left back, he’s a centre back that just did a job for them there last year when they had injuries, similar to Sarr for us this year so he doesn’t really fit that description.
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Reading looking to loan out some bloke called Callum Harriott.

No....just, no
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

Probably not true but

"
    Scunthorpe have made a bid for Nicky Ajose #SUFC #CAFC https://t.co/eeWKxBm8LA
    "
    Twitter account called "no source rumours"

Probably not much in this one...
  • Options

Is the general feeling that we will have no new bodies through the door for Saturday?

even if we get a 'body' or two (preferably live and uninjured ones) it's unlikely that they'll go straight into the starting XI in this day of tactical indoctrination and team gelling etc. .. But like it's been typed, I doubt we'll get anyone in until the middle of the month at the earliest .. hope I'm wrong but anyway I DO NOT want to see signings just for the sake of it .. best to wait and get who/what we REALLY both want and need rather than just make hopeful signings .. I don't think Bowyer and Co. will do that anyway
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

JDS started one game for Bristol City over Christmas but was subbed in the second half and was a unused sub in their last game - a win at Stoke.
    Hardly played for Bristol.

• Options
    In the summer Bowyer did not rush signings, he said he would rather wait and get better players than get someone in quick who was not as good, (my interpretations). I thought the players he brought in, justified the wait, so if we have to wait a week or two to get better players, OK
  • Options
    ross1 said:

In the summer Bowyer did not rush signings, he said he would rather wait and get better players than get someone in quick who was not as good, (my interpretations). I thought the players he brought in, justified the wait, so if we have to wait a week or two to get better players, OK

We had 1-2 players in urgently. Personally believe signing Williams would be a mistake, will be April by the time he’s match fit.
  • Options

Crazy if Chelsea let this happen. Let one of England's brightest young talents leave on the cheap, but spend 60m on an American who can't get in the Dortmund side.

Blimey, thought this was about our first new signing under the new mega owners :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could make sense, as he's only been on a short term deal at Burton to cover for injuries. I imagine he would be competition to Dillon rather than the clear No 1
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Apparently we are after Cook from QPR - I was told by another league one manager this evening as he is after him too. Can’t even find out who he is!
  • Options

Apparently we are after Cook from QPR - I was told by another league one manager this evening as he is after him too. Can’t even find out who he is!

Lee Cook retired.
  • Options

Tell him we don’t need a cook we have tone to knock up the burgers
  • Options

Nobody of that name at QPR. Unless we are just after a cook from QPR, Bowyer isn't happy with his lunch
  • Options

Dean Martin strikes again.
  • Options
    So long as we don't hire anyone from Palace training ground catering.
  • Options
    Another twitter account linking us to Chuks Aneke. Would fit into our side quite well I think and would make us a bit more physical.