Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Why are people even suggesting Aneke... He'd command a sizeable fee

I don’t think he would. He’s in League 2, MK aren’t the richest club and he’s out of contract in a few months
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

I don’t think he would. He’s in League 2, MK aren’t the richest club and he’s out of contract in a few months
    Didnt realise was nearly out of contract... Cant see us signing him without a takeover, regardless
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

We need a Ronnie Moore fundraiser initiative.
  • Options

I'll add my two penneth to this debate......

You could have Gordon Banks in fecking goal but if Taylor gets injured then you can kiss goodbye to the play offs. We need another striker........Ajose & Recco cant score for toffee & Igor is injured (And even when fit didn't look like he would trouble the scorers).

As you were......

I asked you this before golfie, maybe you didn't see it, what decent striker can we get on loan to sit on the bench? I can't see any.
    No idea......I'm a financial advisor, not a football scout.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Maxwell is a great signing. Can’t believe we have captured such a good goalkeeper. Let’s hope we sign him or Steer on a permanent in the summer.

Would be more impressive work by Gallen and while I understand the Phillips predicament, it's all really about not trying to chase promotion with AMB in goal.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

CAFCsayer said:

But to raise money to pay Ajose off.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

How about, sign Aneke on a permanent deal this window with Ajose going to MK Dons on loan for the remainder of the season? Not that Nicky will be happy with that at all, but he’ll be free to leave in the summer and MK Dons have a good chance of promotion this season.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

CAFCsayer said:

I'll only go in for it if I get a certificate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry to derail the thread, not sure why people get bashing @paulie8290 again for no reason, everyone flags im afraid and then he ends up with several. bit harsh that..

Back to the thread though, agree would be harsh on Dillon though, but again if the other keeper has the experience its hard one to call. Dillon is still young so will have plenty of time still to make it at Charlton or go elsewhere if he needs to. There is definitely a decent keeper in there
  • Options

Have noticed of late that Phillips has been throwing the ball long rather than kicking? Could that be because he accepts that his kicking is more unpredictable than that we became used to seeing from Amos and, more latterly, Steer?
    On a far more grander scale, wasn't this the reason Guardiola replaced Hart with Ederson?
    Having watched every Charlton keeper from Willie Duff to Dillon Phillips, so many of those struggled with their kicking - Tony Burns (as other olden's will remember) favoured the long throw out, and the only weakness in Dean Kiely's game was his kicking.
    However, the game today seems to demand that the keeper goes long with almost precision kicking and those that cannot demonstrate this skill on a consistent basis are put under pressure to improve or risk being replaced by someone who can, no matter how good they at the other aspects of their game.
    I sincerely hope that Phillips has a long and successful career at The Valley, but fear he has now reached the crossroads.
    If he now makes way for another loanee, I suggest that he won't be with us next season.
    However, if that loanee makes Charlton a better team, even if only in the short term, I will welcome him with open arms - which is probably why I was a crap keeper when I played many decades ago.

To be fair to Dillon I thought that his throwing on saturday was very effective on the counter.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Christian Doidge recalled to Forest Green Rovers from Bolton, was due to sign for them but Bolton haven't even been able to pay his wages for the last four months let alone pay the fee they agreed with Forest Green to make the deal permanent in Jan.

Was a target for Sunderland in the summer and rumoured to be in talks with them again.
  • Options

Christian Doidge recalled to Forest Green Rovers from Bolton, was due to sign for them but Bolton haven't even been able to pay his wages for the last four months let alone pay the fee they agreed with Forest Green to make the deal permanent in Jan.

Now rumoured to be in talks with Sunderland, would be a very good signing for them I think.

Already played for 2 clubs this season. Unable to move on.
  • Options

Sage said:

CAFCsayer said:

How about, sign Aneke on a permanent deal this window with Ajose going to MK Dons on loan for the remainder of the season? Not that Nicky will be happy with that at all, but he’ll be free to leave in the summer and MK Dons have a good chance of promotion this season.
    Not with Ajose up front!
    I get the joke and lol’d the comment too, but in League Two with some horrific defences and the amount of goals/chances MK Dons create and score, Ajose would probably get a hatful.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

cafc4life said:

Do

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Phillips is shite though. All this sentiment because he is an academy player . He isn’t good enough, certainly for a team looking to be promoted .

Where are u gettimg this from
    What has he done for you to say he is shit.

He made some brilliant saves earlier in the season and was only dropped due to his Distribution which can be worked on

1 thing he is not is shit
    Just an opinion. Thanks for the flag though
    The flag was for calling him shit with no evidence to back it up.

Support the fucking players and dont slag them off for doing nothing wrong
    Don’t know why your swearing at me Paulie. All opinions like I said . The fact that Bowyer has looked to sign players ahead of him in previous transfer windows and potentially this suggests maybe he thinks he isn’t up to scratch long term either
    Dont think i swore at you did i
    I always thought fucking was a swear wordgood way to spend an evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

You could have Gordon Banks in fecking goal but if Taylor gets injured then you can kiss goodbye to the play offs. We need another striker........Ajose & Recco cant score for toffee & Igor is injured (And even when fit didn't look like he would trouble the scorers).

As you were......

Yes, but which decent striker will come to us to sit on the bench ?
    Alternatively, do you want to drop Grant ?
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Do

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Phillips is shite though. All this sentiment because he is an academy player . He isn’t good enough, certainly for a team looking to be promoted .

Where are u gettimg this from
    What has he done for you to say he is shit.

He made some brilliant saves earlier in the season and was only dropped due to his Distribution which can be worked on

1 thing he is not is shit
    Just an opinion. Thanks for the flag though
    The flag was for calling him shit with no evidence to back it up.

Support the fucking players and dont slag them off for doing nothing wrong
    Don’t know why your swearing at me Paulie. All opinions like I said . The fact that Bowyer has looked to sign players ahead of him in previous transfer windows and potentially this suggests maybe he thinks he isn’t up to scratch long term either
    Dont think i swore at you did i
    I always thought fucking was a swear wordgood way to spend an evening.
    Depends on who it is I suppose.
  • Options

As you were......

Yes, but which decent striker will come to us to sit on the bench ?
    Alternatively, do you want to drop Grant ?
    Competition for places is good for everyone. If whoever we get plays so well they end up dislodging either Grant or Taylor then that is a good thing as the team will be better.

If they don't then they will provide an extra incentive to push the G&T to be even better.

Whoever comes in doesn't have to be brilliant just offer something different to what we currently have... and be better than Ajose.
  • Options

I think back to when we signed Danny Haynes under SCP. He wasn't a replacement for either BWP or Yann, but then he wasn't signed to automatically sit on the bench either. He was another option, giving us something different

Spot on.
  • Options

So that is Ward out and Williams in.
    Steer out Maxwell in.

So we haven't gone backwards. We may have slightly gone forwards if those two are an upgrade on who they are replacing.

To make this a good window we need to not lose anyone from now on and sign a left back. I wpuld snap your hand off if you offered me that for the window.

Add in another Striker and we would have had a very good window. Lose a couple players and it all changes.

The main plus is the fact despite only replacing like for like is that the Ward out / Williams in deal means we have an extra loan spot available in the squad
    Very good point.
  • Options
    Any news on a left back?