Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Good to see all these Charlton rumours flying around. Desperately need a LB and a keeper and nought happening. Typical RD. Promotion means nothing to him. Expect departures before any arrivals.
  • Good to see all these Charlton rumours flying around. Desperately need a LB and a keeper and nought happening. Typical RD. Promotion means nothing to him. Expect departures before any arrivals.

No rumours in media =/= nought happening
  • Seriously doubt Villa would be in for Bauer. Is he good enough for a aspiring top 6/automatic championship side? Not convinced

We’ve been linked with Maxwell (GK) in most major news outlets all day

I believe Bowyer has been given the green light to sign a keeper and left back. That would be enough to have a side capable of going up, even though I would prefer to sign a couple more.

But do you expect RD to splash the cash when he’s on the verge of selling the club?
  • Think Maxwell would come to us but it’s whether or not Charlton can agree a deal with Preston.

• Once you have dislocated a shoulder it’s more likely to be dislocated again.

Derek Ufton was a good example of this.
    Medical science has improved dramatically since Ufton's day.

Really
  • Sponsored links:

It certainly has but all I’m saying is that once you’ve dislocated your shoulder it’s quite likely to happen again. That is an indisputable fact.

• So, again, coming in as first choice. Really feel for Phillips.

He’s a very good keeper though. I think he could be better than any of the loans we’ve had and that includes Amos and Steer.

Phillips will rightly be off in thr summer
  • I can't say I know anything about Maxwell, but either way, we now have 2 goalies, so that's good.
  • that's not fair on Phillips, if true

He’s a very good keeper though. I think he could be better than any of the loans we’ve had and that includes Amos and Steer.

My question to you Guru is if Maxwell is better than Amos or Steer, why isn't he Preston's number 1; Or has he got Pope type weeknesses to eradicate first ?
  • edited January 2019

that's not fair on Phillips, if true

Is the state of Football now

Cant expect any fairness when too many want results yesterday - If there was a bit more patience in the game then Phillips probably would be first choice this season
  • that's not fair on Phillips, if true

Cant expect any fairness when too many want results yesterday - If there was a bit more patience in the game then Phillips probably would be first choice this season
    Why wouldnt we get results with Phillips tho.

He has done nothing wrong, its not like he is making mistakes every game

My question to you Guru is if Maxwell is better than Amos or Steer, why isn't he Preston's number 1; Or has he got Pope type weeknesses to eradicate first ?
    Didn’t he lose the shirt after getting sent off in November. Rudd came in and has the shirt to lose.

I do in fact have a Preston supporting mate. He rates Maxwell very highly.

• Sponsored links:

Didnt Preston have a great season last year for their standards with Maxwell starting ahead of Rudd? - I think this season Alex Neil did the same yet they start slower (only won three games by November), with Maxwell being sent off one game it seemed he became one of the scapegoats.

Since that sending off though they've only won a further four times whilst there was that awful Rudd clanger against Birmingham so is a bit surprising that Maxwell didnt reclaim the jersey

*note regardless of any bad run without wins its never just down to the goalkeeper so wont just be Maxwell's fault for their different year this time round
  • Phillips is shite though. All this sentiment because he is an academy player . He isn’t good enough, certainly for a team looking to be promoted .
  • edited January 2019

that's not fair on Phillips, if true

Why wouldnt we get results with Phillips tho.

He has done nothing wrong, its not like he is making mistakes every game
    Because some fans choose to micro analysis his errors more than the good that he does on the pitch

Find a lot fans (of any club) dont want to have that patience to let a player iron out any errors, they want the experienced type of player because for some reason they think that the more experienced a player, the less errors they'll make
  • edited January 2019

cafc4life said:

Phillips is shite though. All this sentiment because he is an academy player . He isn’t good enough, certainly for a team looking to be promoted .

Where are u gettimg this from
    What has he done for you to say he is shit.

He made some brilliant saves earlier in the season and was only dropped due to his Distribution which can be worked on

1 thing he is not is shit
    Just an opinion. Thanks for the flag though
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Phillips is shite though. All this sentiment because he is an academy player . He isn’t good enough, certainly for a team looking to be promoted .

He made some brilliant saves earlier in the season and was only dropped due to his Distribution which can be worked on

The flag was for calling him shit with no evidence to back it up.

Support the fucking players and dont slag them off for doing nothing wrong
  • Do

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

The flag was for calling him shit with no evidence to back it up.

Support the fucking players and dont slag them off for doing nothing wrong
    Don’t know why your swearing at me Paulie. All opinions like I said . The fact that Bowyer has looked to sign players ahead of him in previous transfer windows and potentially this suggests maybe he thinks he isn’t up to scratch long term either