Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

So, again, coming in as first choice. Really feel for Phillips.

Phillips will rightly be off in thr summer
    Along with at least another 20 of our 25 man squad.
  • Options
    Stick with Phillips.
  • Options

Stick with Phillips.

This
  • Options
    We needed to replace Steer. Maxwell is a good replacement. Dillon will move on at the end of the season and will have a decent career elsewhere
  • Options

I like Phillips and do want the best for him but he doesn't fill me with confidence at all, if getting a goalie in that can get us a better chance of promotion and make us more likely to hang on to our key players like Aribo, Grant and Taylor etc then so be it, can't be an emotional decision

This. We need to get out of this league. We'll do that by playing the best players we can attract / put out.

A LB & McNulty on loan and we'll be on our way.
  • Options
    Take a break Paulie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Take a break Paulie.

Take a break from what.

I am a Charlton fan
    Someone has called one of our players shit with no evidence.

The players need our support not being called shit for no reason
  • Options
    It's an opinion, just because that opinion differs from yours isn't a reason to get all sweary.

As for evidence, did youy watch the first game of the season?
  • Options

Take a break Paulie.

Take a break from what.

I am a Charlton fan

But like when you called Reeco "shit" then with no "evidence".

It's an opinion.

PS Reeco is a kid, he may or not make it with us but he's a professional footballer and a better footballer than 99.99% of people on this forum or in this country so clearly the evidence shows he's not "shit"
  • Options

It's an opinion, just because that opinion differs from yours isn't a reason to get all sweary.

Did u watch the 3 home games where he made fantastic saves(sorry cant remember exactly what game)
  • Options

Did u watch the 3 home games where he made fantastic saves(sorry cant remember exactly what game)
    That's his job shame he can't kick the ball or command his area he's just not good enough for promotion anyway did you see he mistakes at Sunderland and southend
  • Options

Just one aspect of being a keeper, so he might not be shit, but his distribution, flappiness at crosses and some of the absolute howlers he's let in might suggest he is a bit, well..... shit.

I happen to think he's good enough for our current aspirations of Top 6, However I'd replace ANY player, if the replacement was better, this is a results business, nothing else matters.

Still no need to lose it and start swearing just because you disagree with someone and abusing the flag system, it's childish.
  • Options
    Everyone was on popes back, but they seem to forget the shite defending going on in front of him.
    More shots = more mistakes = fans giving you shit = poor confidence.
    He didn’t suddenly improve in one full season at Burnley, he was already good. Just needed a defence and a confidence boost.
    Philips kicking was poor on Saturday without question.
    Decent keeper, but if there’s a better keeper available you take them.
    Being nice to people in a results business doesn’t work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just one aspect of being a keeper, so he might not be shit, but his distribution, flappiness at crosses and some of the absolute howlers he's let in might suggest he is a bit, well..... shit.

I happen to think he's good enough for our current aspirations of Top 6, However I'd replace ANY player, if the replacement was better, this is a results business, nothing else matters.

Still no need to lose it and start swearing just because you disagree with someone and abusing the flag system, it's childish.
    Abusing the flag system
    Haha have u seen half my flags most of those have been jokes

I flagged someone who slagged off a charlton player, imo that was worthy of a flag.

Also as for swearing there are loads of people who have done it just read the takeover thread
  • Options

Twenty fckin three the kid is and made 8 league starts and being hounded for errors/

Just wow

So you'd keep playing him, even of better options are available? Why bother signing any players then, we can field an entire team of academy players.
  • Options
    Keepers improve with age and experience, Phillips will be very good he just needs games. Either play him or loan him out.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Keepers improve with age and experience, Phillips will be very good he just needs games. Either play him or loan him out.

All players improve with age and experience, whilst Phillips probably does need a loan, we need a 2nd keeper, all clubs do.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Abusing the flag system
    Haha have u seen half my flags most of those have been jokes

I flagged someone who slagged off a charlton player, imo that was worthy of a flag.

Also as for swearing there are loads of people who have done it just read the takeover thread
    The flag system is there for people who break the rules, not for posts you disagree with.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/64954/misuse-of-flagging-button-guidelines
  • Options

Take a break Paulie.

Take a break from what.

I am a Charlton fan

But like when you called Reeco "shit" then with no "evidence".

It's an opinion.

PS Reeco is a kid, he may or not make it with us but he's a professional footballer and a better footballer than 99.99% of people on this forum or in this country so clearly the evidence shows he's not "shit"
    His kicking is shite though.
  • Options

cfgs said:

All players improve with age and experience, whilst Phillips probably does need a loan, we need a 2nd keeper, all clubs do.
    True, not saying we don't just that Phillips will not improve sitting on our bench. I would sign Maxwell and loan out Phillips with a recall clause.
  • Options
    Trust in LB. He obviously doesn’t think Phillips is good enough at this current moment and he knows more than any of us...
  • Options

Twenty fckin three the kid is and made 8 league starts and being hounded for errors/

Just wow

Be careful you will get into trouble for swearing
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

True, not saying we don't just that Phillips will not improve sitting on our bench. I would sign Maxwell and loan out Phillips with a recall clause.
    I thought non transfer window recalls could only happen with non league clubs, or is it different for keepers?

If it's possible, then I'd 100% agree, as I've always thought it a total waste to have a keeper on the bench.