Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:

I think back to when we signed Danny Haynes under SCP. He wasn't a replacement for either BWP or Yann, but then he wasn't signed to automatically sit on the bench either. He was another option, giving us something different

Said this many times before, including on here. Getting in another striker for a different option up top could be the difference between promotion and not.
    Agreed , would love it if it happened , but just can't see it occurring myself , under the current owner. To loan out Ajose and get in another big target man would be an ideal scenario , it just won't happen.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I think back to when we signed Danny Haynes under SCP. He wasn't a replacement for either BWP or Yann, but then he wasn't signed to automatically sit on the bench either. He was another option, giving us something different

Said this many times before, including on here. Getting in another striker for a different option up top could be the difference between promotion and not.
    100%. I like your shout on signing Aneke and giving them Ajose as part of the deal. He would be ok in League 2. Good deal for all.
  • Options

Sage said:

Agreed , would love it if it happened , but just can't see it occurring myself , under the current owner. To loan out Ajose and get in another big target man would be an ideal scenario , it just won't happen.
    There were a lot of concerned faces on the touchline on Saturday when Taylor went down holding his ankle early in the second half. I am sure Bowyer knows Ajose is not going to be the solution if one of G&T are crocked in the run in. I also can't believe Ajose's general attitude and application sits well with him. Fingers crossed they can conjure up another forward from somewhere.
  • Options

I'll add my two penneth to this debate......

You could have Gordon Banks in fecking goal but if Taylor gets injured then you can kiss goodbye to the play offs. We need another striker........Ajose & Recco cant score for toffee & Igor is injured (And even when fit didn't look like he would trouble the scorers).

As you were......

Yes, but which decent striker will come to us to sit on the bench ?
    Alternatively, do you want to drop Grant ?
    Competition for places is good for everyone. If whoever we get plays so well they end up dislodging either Grant or Taylor then that is a good thing as the team will be better.

If they don't then they will provide an extra incentive to push the G&T to be even better.

Whoever comes in doesn't have to be brilliant just offer something different to what we currently have... and be better than Ajose.
    This.
  • Options
    I think you could offer MK Dons a 6 figure sum and Ajose and they would still say no, this ain't FIFA career mode unfortunately
  • Options

I think you could offer MK Dons a 6 figure sum and Ajose and they would still say no, this ain't FIFA career mode unfortunately

you mean to tell me that Lee Bowyer can't get Messi on a 2-year loan with an option to buy!?
  • Options
    Welcome Wassim.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.dzfoot.com/2019/01/08/angleterre-wassim-aouacheria-a-charlton-142522.php
    Algerian international U20 Wassim Aouacheria has left Olympique Marseille for the U23 Charlton Athletic in England.

The 18-year-old midfielder who took part in the Mediterranean Games in Tarragona last summer with Algeria left Marseille where he played with the U19 to join the U23 Charlton Athletic, under the orders of the young Algerian coach Hamza Serrar.
    Who's Hamza Serrar?
  • Options
    @harveys_gardener mentioned this one on Saturday

Apparently comes in from Marseille

Would presume he's one for the U23s seeing that Bowyer hasnt yet signed a player from outside England
  • Options
    I'm curious as to the mechanics of us signing a lad from Marseille ?
  • Options

Leaves the south of France for England in January, that'll be a shock to the system!

Leaves the south of France for England in January, that'll be a shock to the system!

January can get quite cold in that part of the Med
  • Options
    He doesn’t look 18. Good luck Wassim.
  • Options

Driesen
  • Options
    Could’ve given him a brand new t shirt....
    Welcome Wazza
  • Options
    U20 international, so another international callup?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2 possibilities amongst I am sure, many more theories .. good scouting or an agent hawking him around suitable English/London youth team set ups
  • Options
    Wassim? Oozim? Ah, datzim!
  • Options

We also had Paul Hayes that year....so 4 capable strikers.

This year we have two strikers that are good enough (we cant rely on ajose or Vetokele) and if Taylor gets injured were not going up with no adequate replacement.
  • Options
    I've actually got a Marseille supporting mate at work. He's never heard of him though, never played for the first team.
  • Options

This year we have two strikers that are good enough (we cant rely on ajose or Vetokele) and if Taylor gets injured were not going up with no adequate replacement.
    Haynes wasn't a striker he was a winger but we did have 4 strikers you're forgetting Jason Euell.
  • Options

Haynes wasn't a striker he was a winger but we did have 4 strikers you're forgetting Jason Euell.
    Haynes could play up top, just played more on the wing because we had Yann and BWP. Euell was a CM by then.
  • Options
    Hamza Serrar is a coach in the u23s
  • Options
    We did this before with Lyon and Kelly Youga.