Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    So, the CEO is across all this? Or the DofF?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

http://www.dzfoot.com/2019/01/08/angleterre-wassim-aouacheria-a-charlton-142522.php

Algerian international U20 Wassim Aouacheria has left Olympique Marseille for the U23 Charlton Athletic in England.

The 18-year-old midfielder who took part in the Mediterranean Games in Tarragona last summer with Algeria left Marseille where he played with the U19 to join the U23 Charlton Athletic, under the orders of the young Algerian coach Hamza Serrar.
    Who's Hamza Serrar?

I can't reveal my source, but I'm told he's a young Algerian coach working with the Charlton U23 squad.
  • Options

http://www.dzfoot.com/2019/01/08/angleterre-wassim-aouacheria-a-charlton-142522.php

Algerian international U20 Wassim Aouacheria has left Olympique Marseille for the U23 Charlton Athletic in England.

The 18-year-old midfielder who took part in the Mediterranean Games in Tarragona last summer with Algeria left Marseille where he played with the U19 to join the U23 Charlton Athletic, under the orders of the young Algerian coach Hamza Serrar.
    Who's Hamza Serrar?
    I can't reveal my source, but I'm told he's a young Algerian coach working with the Charlton U23 squad.

I guess thats the bloke in the picture with Wassim signing the contract

Seeing that he's got "HS" in the corner of his tracksuit
  • Options
    Algerian coach working for Charlton
    Will we see the return of Chalton Legend Salim Kerkar
  • Options

So that is Ward out and Williams in.
    Steer out Maxwell in.

So we haven't gone backwards. We may have slightly gone forwards if those two are an upgrade on who they are replacing.

To make this a good window we need to not lose anyone from now on and sign a left back. I wpuld snap your hand off if you offered me that for the window.

Add in another Striker and we would have had a very good window. Lose a couple players and it all changes.

I think Williams will undoubtedly prove an upgrade on Ward. With Maxwell/Steer, we'll see.

But I agree, the big thing is keeping players. Players will get fit again, and I'm sure others will go down with injury but touch wood it won't be quite as bad for quite as many games as it has been in recent weeks. A Left Back and we've had a very good window in my mind. Another striker would be great but I can't see us shifting Ajose. I think if we can get him fit and a run of games playing Taylor I think Vetokele has a lot to offer at this level, he could be like a new signing in Feburary and other such cliches.

I think it's worth looking at the squad holistically as well. When we get most people back, we have a good squad, and I'm sure Bowyer is weighing up strength in depth versus risking leaving players out in the cold because our squad is too big.
  • Options
    dont get me wrong i like phillips but it seems to me Bow dosent other wise he would have got a goalie from some under 23
  • Options
    Hamza Serrar is listed as Professional Development Phase Coach (Under 18-23) on the OS, so fairly senior it would seem (below Jason and Sergei). He has previously worked with the Algerian national team, so I imagine he has contacts there concerning young players.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hamza-serrar-9897b571/?locale=de_DE

• Options

I'm curious as to the mechanics of us signing a lad from Marseille ?

Driesen
    Stuck record again.He's not involved nowadays.
  • Options
    dallas said:

dont get me wrong i like phillips but it seems to me Bow dosent other wise he would have got a goalie from some under 23

We already have one of those. Bows will get in the very best he can get with the budget he has. If they are better than we have he will play them. Simples!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

I'm curious as to the mechanics of us signing a lad from Marseille ?

Driesen
    Stuck record again.He's not involved nowadays.
    Whoosh
  • Options
    An LB will definitely come in & I expect this guy may become our 3rd choice striker to help out Taylor & Grant:

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/17342009.charlton-athletic-eye-up-aston-villas-rushian-hepburn-murphy-deal/
  • Options

He’s 18, been at OM since he was 12. Capped by Algeria at under 18. Attacking Midfielder. Not played for first team at OM. Big athletic lad by all accounts. Development squad punt.

6'4" I'd say and from his demeanour, would not be fazed by 1st team exposure.
  • Options

An LB will definitely come in & I expect this guy may become our 3rd choice striker to help out Taylor & Grant:

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/17342009.charlton-athletic-eye-up-aston-villas-rushian-hepburn-murphy-deal/

Excellent. We need to steadily increase our stock of doubled-barrelled surnames. I would like to see Holmes-Dennis back as the LB.
  • Options

Excellent. We need to steadily increase our stock of doubled-barrelled surnames. I would like to see Holmes-Dennis back as the LB.
    Would you like to see Yohann Thuram-Ulien in goal
  • Options
    Holmes-Dennis at Bristol Rovers now.
    I 'd like to see him come back too. Still young
  • Options

Would you like to see Yohann Thuram-Ulien in goal
    No, because we already have Maynard-Brewer.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Hamza Serrar is a coach in the u23s

Our U23s?
  • Options

Who's Hamza Serrar?

Seeing that he's got "HS" in the corner of his tracksuit

Elementary, my dear Watson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Who's Hamza Serrar?

Seeing that he's got "HS" in the corner of his tracksuit.
    Echo Echo Echo
  • Options
    Coventry have signed a striker on loan from wolves today i wonder if that rules them out of signing the young villa striker we are supposedly looking at?
  • Options
    <
    Scoham said:

I think back to when we signed Danny Haynes under SCP. He wasn't a replacement for either BWP or Yann, but then he wasn't signed to automatically sit on the bench either. He was another option, giving us something different

We also had Paul Hayes that year....so 4 capable strikers.

This year we have two strikers that are good enough (we cant rely on ajose or Vetokele) and if Taylor gets injured were not going up with no adequate replacement.
    Haynes wasn't a striker he was a winger but we did have 4 strikers you're forgetting Jason Euell.
    Haynes was definitely a striker. Had a good run of goals for us in the Championship. He could do a job on the wing.

Euell never started a league game that season, that was probably more about having an experienced player and good character in the squad.
    We had Leon Clarke that season too - don't forget him. You never know, he might come back now that Sheff Utd have signed Madine and he was already behind Sharp and McGoldrick. That would be a treat for us - so many happy memories of his last stint...
  • Options

<

Scoham said:

I think back to when we signed Danny Haynes under SCP. He wasn't a replacement for either BWP or Yann, but then he wasn't signed to automatically sit on the bench either. He was another option, giving us something different

We also had Paul Hayes that year....so 4 capable strikers.

This year we have two strikers that are good enough (we cant rely on ajose or Vetokele) and if Taylor gets injured were not going up with no adequate replacement.
    Haynes wasn't a striker he was a winger but we did have 4 strikers you're forgetting Jason Euell.
    Haynes was definitely a striker. Had a good run of goals for us in the Championship. He could do a job on the wing.

Euell never started a league game that season, that was probably more about having an experienced player and good character in the squad.
    We had Leon Clarke that season too - don't forget him. You never know, he might come back now that Sheff Utd have signed Madine and he was already behind Sharp and McGoldrick. That would be a treat for us - so many happy memories of his last stint...
    I feel like Chris Wilder is attempting to create Football Manager strike force that was prolific in League One in like, 2014.
  • Options

He scored for Villa's U23s the other night v Man Utd. So at least he's match fit.
  • Options
    If the takeover happens then we may be able to compete for the likes of Will Grigg (currently looks Sunderland bound), Tom Eaves or transfer listed Marc McNulty.

As that however looks no where near in reality, a youngster on loan is likely to be the best we can expect.

There are a lot of good striker options available to clubs at our level this window though.
  • Options

Who's Hamza Serrar?

The other guy in the photo.
  • Options

If the takeover happens then we may be able to compete for the likes of Will Grigg (currently looks Sunderland bound), Tom Eaves or transfer listed Marc McNulty.

As that however looks no where near in reality, a youngster on loan is likely to be the best we can expect.

There are a lot of good striker options available to clubs at our level this window though.

Strange one with him. Absolutely lethal at league one level (28, 22 & 26 goals in his last 3 seasons), yet hasn't been able to make the step up to the championship at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Interesting comments by the Peterborough Chairman, and some interesting replies elsewhere on his twitter account
    The Board has moved quickly in January to strengthen in key areas as per the managers requirements with a LB, CB, CM & ACM acquired. To stay within perimeter of FFP, there now will be outgoings in the coming days. Thanks for your support Posh fans as we try do our best for you