Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

thenewbie said:

SDAddick said:

cabbie8 said:

Just a striker needed now! Need back up for the boys, Ajose and RHF ain’t good enough

Maybe someone who can play as both as Striker and as a Winger - Like @Chris_from_Sidcup said the other day; be ideal if we can add cover on the wings so we're not restricted to the diamond all the time
    TBF we have arguably the best winger in the league and don't play him there.
    Fosu / Marshall are the only two we really have though

What happens if one gets injured? - Not to mention the latter has struggled to impress Bowyer this season
    And Fosu has played pretty regularly across an attacking three (LM, 10, RM). That free 10 role lets him drift to the left to pick the ball up and then look to drive at players. It's not like it's completely foreign to him.
    And even Fosu's form has been shocking this season - If he were to bring in a Winger / Striker and go to a flat 4-4-2 I wouldnt even blame Bowyer if he went for Marshall and the newbie on the flanks
    Okay, busted, I am indeed the new signing.
    We're f**ked
    Oi! That's really very... Accurate...
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I'm not in the know but it won't be JDS

Bristol City already agreed a fee with Chelsea up to Jay if he signs, would be pretty bizarre if he snubbed Bristol City on a permanent deal and asked to be loaned to us
    Yeah not surprised but glad he's potentially leaving Chelsea

We saw last season what a settled Jay Dasilva is like and may not be impressing so well at Bristol City at the moment as he's having to adjust yet again - Moving there on a permanent deal should certainly see an end to all that pissing around for him for a little while

Certainly be interested to see what the fee is as felt last season that he'd have cost us around £2m had we wanted to keep him
  • Options

After that, send Chris Parkes hiking in the Himalayas, out of contact until the 1st February!

Only once he's dealt with all the Contract Renewals
  • Options
    Still feel we need another striker, hard to replace Taylor or KAG if either are out long term.
  • Options

Still feel we need another striker, hard to replace Taylor or KAG if either are out long term.

I think you're right - but with the tight budget and Ajose, Hackett-Fairchild and (the expensive) Vetokele on the payroll I think it's highly unlikely.
  • Options
    I checked where Michael Zyro was, but he's on loan at a Polish side.
  • Options

Bowyer is after another attacking player as well

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-left-back-loan-capture/
  • Options
    I can't see it being Greg Leigh on loan, surely that would have had to have been a permanent.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I checked where Michael Zyro was, but he's on loan at a Polish side.

Think Zyro would've been great in this side tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben Purrington then.
  • Options

Ben Purrington then.

AFC Wimbledon fans seem gutted to lose him.
  • Options
    Hopefully hes a good player, but my god its bleak getting players from Rotherham on loan....
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Positive report from my Wimbledon supporting friend who describes him as a "proper left back" who he is gutted to see go.................
  • Options
    Now if we can just get an additional striker in as an upgrade to Ajose, and get Cullen, Aribo, Reeves, Lapslie and Pearce back fully fit, we will be laughing!
  • Options

Hopefully hes a good player, but my god its bleak getting players from Rotherham on loan....

Why's that? If he turns out to be a good one then I don't care who we sign them from.
  • Options

Positive report from my Wimbledon supporting friend who describes him as a "proper left back" who he is gutted to see go.................

I got similar feedback from an afc supporter, said he was gutted to see him join a L1 competitor
  • Options

So that is Ward out and Williams in.
    Steer out Maxwell in.

So we haven't gone backwards. We may have slightly gone forwards if those two are an upgrade on who they are replacing.

To make this a good window we need to not lose anyone from now on and sign a left back. I wpuld snap your hand off if you offered me that for the window.

Add in another Striker and we would have had a very good window. Lose a couple players and it all changes.

There is the left back.

If you offered me the option of the window closing with no ins and no outs from now I would take it.

Being greedy I would love another Striker and more importantly NO OUTS!!

Other than the odd fringe player on loan.
    @cantersaddick for president/prime minister!
  • Options

Steer out Maxwell in.

So we haven't gone backwards. We may have slightly gone forwards if those two are an upgrade on who they are replacing.

To make this a good window we need to not lose anyone from now on and sign a left back. I wpuld snap your hand off if you offered me that for the window.

Add in another Striker and we would have had a very good window. Lose a couple players and it all changes.

There is the left back.

If you offered me the option of the window closing with no ins and no outs from now I would take it.

I can back that idea!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Steer out Maxwell in.

There is the left back.

I can back that idea!!
    I could be your Ken Clarke, Vince Cable, Dennis Skinner (delete as appropriate) elder statesman type :wink: .
  • Options
    Doing decent business so early on is actually quite alarming. So many times we've reached the 31st January needing a new CB, FB cover and an attacking midfielder then ended up the next day with a crap striker on loan. This time we've not gone any further backwards and may even actually be BETTER OFF. I for one am going to spend the next few weeks panicking about just when RD is going to fuck us all over by selling Grant/Taylor/Aribo/all for a pittance.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Doing decent business so early on is actually quite alarming. So many times we've reached the 31st January needing a new CB, FB cover and an attacking midfielder then ended up the next day with a crap striker on loan. This time we've not gone any further backwards and may even actually be BETTER OFF. I for one am going to spend the next few weeks panicking about just when RD is going to fuck us all over by selling Grant/Taylor/Aribo/all for a pittance.

I don't like you jinxing it.

My hope is that a deal is close enough that selling any asset would put it in jeopardy. Even if it doesn't go through before the window closes, my biggest hope is that it doesn't fall apart. That way RD will have the incentive to keep the playing staff as is so as not to change the agreed (or semi-agreed) valuation. £30-40m for the club>£500k for Joe Aribo.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Why's that? If he turns out to be a good one then I don't care who we sign them from.
    its just depressing being in a worse position than teams like Rotherham and requiring their cast offs, wish Purrington nothing but the best and hope he does the business for us
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

thenewbie said:

I don't like you jinxing it.

My hope is that a deal is close enough that selling any asset would put it in jeopardy. Even if it doesn't go through before the window closes, my biggest hope is that it doesn't fall apart. That way RD will have the incentive to keep the playing staff as is so as not to change the agreed (or semi-agreed) valuation. £30-40m for the club>£500k for Joe Aribo.
    And to be fair, it's not always down to the club. It would make no sense for Roland to deliberately flog someone IF (a big word) the takeover was close, but sometimes it's the players who force the move.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Whose Pittance? any good?
  • Options

Our squad is actually pretty massive this season, if we didn't have a team of crocks...

True

We have a midfield of Aribo, Cullen, JFC and Lapslie all out plus Reeves

in defence we're missing Pearce and Page

That's a decent starting midfield and half our first choice defence.

The silver lining to this cloud is that players like Lapslie, Morgan, Stephen and Dijsteel have all had plenty of game time so are that much better prepared.
    I don’t think Lapslie is out. Concussion time off should be completed unless problems have surfaced.