Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

mart77 said:

I wonder would LB be interested in Jerome Sinclair who is back at Watford, after he ended his loan at Sunderland? Always thought he was a decent player.

Just had the same thought after reading that he'd gone back. Would be decent!
    Didn't play much for Sunderland though
    Wonder if that's why he's gone back to Watford? Long way from home and not playing.
  • Options
    ?????

Why has that got anything to do with Mark Marshall.....just because there is an envelope with M Marshall on it.
  • Options

?????

Why has that got anything to do with Mark Marshall.....just because there is an envelope with M Marshall on it.
    Its a phone number with either Mark Marshal or Max Marshall written haha cant really work out which, can anyone read the number above it and ring it haha
  • Options

?????

Doucher claimed on the previous page that a midfielder who hasn't featured for a long time could be moved on. Interpret featured how you like but Marshall would fit that description.

That note also does say Mark Marshall and the phone number is readable. Very possible this could happen IMO but if it allows Bowyer to bring in another striker then it's a risk worth taking given Marshall is out of contract in the summer anyway.
  • Options

So that is Ward out and Williams in.
    Steer out Maxwell in.

So we haven't gone backwards. We may have slightly gone forwards if those two are an upgrade on who they are replacing.

To make this a good window we need to not lose anyone from now on and sign a left back. I wpuld snap your hand off if you offered me that for the window.

Add in another Striker and we would have had a very good window. Lose a couple players and it all changes.

There is the left back.

If you offered me the option of the window closing with no ins and no outs from now I would take it.

Being greedy I would love another Striker and more importantly NO OUTS!!

Other than the odd fringe player on loan.
    @cantersaddick for president/prime minister!
    I can back that idea!!
    What Brexit solution could you get through Parliament?
  • Options

Potentially we could soon have Aribo, Fosu, Pratley, Reeves, Clarke, Williams, Lapslie, Morgan, Marshall, Cullen, Bielik, Maloney all competing for 4 midfield places.

Is there actually a rule that you can't play more than eleven at the same time?
  • Options

?????

Doucher claimed on the previous page that a midfielder who hasn't featured for a long time could be moved on. Interpret featured how you like but Marshall would fit that description.

That note also does say Mark Marshall and the phone number is readable. Very possible this could happen IMO but if it allows Bowyer to bring in another striker then it's a risk worth taking given Marshall is out of contract in the summer anyway.
    Wasn’t Marshall I was referring to - likewise, the £2m bid for a player turned down wasn’t Taylor
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

?????

Wasn’t Marshall I was referring to - likewise, the £2m bid for a player turned down wasn’t Taylor
    Clarke to be moved on? and £2m bid must have been for Aribo then.
  • Options
    Yes

DOUCHER said:

?????

Clarke to be moved on? and £2m bid must have been for Aribo then.
    Not aribo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say Karlan Grant being the £2m player what with the going rate for strikers?
  • Options
    £2m for a player out of contract in the summer? Find that hard to believe. Unlikely to be any of the players with longer contracts if it’s not Taylor, as that would be one of Solly, Dijksteel, Pearce, Sarr, Page or Pratley.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

£2m for a player out of contract in the summer? Find that hard to believe. Unlikely to be any of the players with longer contracts if it’s not Taylor, as that would be one of Solly, Dijksteel, Pearce, Sarr, Page or Pratley.

Wasnt Josh Maja rumoured about £8m to a Premier League team though?

Would rule out Solly / Page / Pratley / Pearce due to their age and injury problems

Cant imagine a team paying out £2m to Sarr when he's not a constant starter
  • Options
    Maloney will go on loan.
  • Options

Maloney will go on loan.

Good... When it was mentioned about Lapslie and Morgan going on loan it seemed crazy but based on his performances in the Cup games I think a loan move is definitely required for Maloney and Hackett-Fairchild if we can get another Striker in
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Am I right in saying Grant having come through our youth and then signed a contract would have his fee set by tribunal not EPPP so given age, English, striker and goals maybe RD is confident a tribunal would set a fee of £2M so is in no rush to sell.
  • Options

Maloney will go on loan.

Needs it. I think very highly of the young man but he needs to go play senior football somewhere and get used to the physicality of it. Ideally would like to see him go on loan to the continent, as I think he'd be well suited there. But don't think it will happen.
  • Options
    Only player I think it could be is Grant, because we would be due comp if it's from an English team so it's not like they would get him for free in the summer and if he has a 2nd half of the season as good as his 1st half of the season was then it could be that we would get compensation close to that amount.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Our squad is actually pretty massive this season, if we didn't have a team of crocks...

True

We have a midfield of Aribo, Cullen, JFC and Lapslie all out plus Reeves

in defence we're missing Pearce and Page

That's a decent starting midfield and half our first choice defence.

The silver lining to this cloud is that players like Lapslie, Morgan, Stevenson and Dijsteel have all had plenty of game time so are that much better prepared.
    What's even more of a silver lining is that Lapslie, Morgan, Stevenson and Dijksteel all appear to be up to the required standard to feature for a run in the team. None of them appear to be carried in the team and with the exception of Dijksteel who featured last season the other three are new squad bolsters and are as good as being new signings made in the summer.

With an entirely fit midfield excluding JFC we have Fosu, Reeves, Clarke, Williams, Lapslie, Morgan, Marshall, Cullen, Bielik, Maloney you do wonder whether maybe Bowyer might let Pratley go this window if there's a willing taker for him if it frees up wages to bring in another striker or midfielder. After all Crofts and Foley only stayed with us a few months each two seasons ago.
    Crofts was here a whole season and played around 40 games I believe. I don't think Bowyer will let go of Pratley with the current injuries we have. More likely to let Clarke go IMO.

I also don't agree with your assessment of the youngsters, apart from Lapslie. Dijksteel is a decent player, but not a right back. Stevenson looks decent, but Bowyer clearly doesn't want to risk him playing much otherwise he wouldn't have signed another LB. Same with Morgan. As soon as the midfielders are fit I don't think we will see Morgan, but I am sure his time will come.
    I stand corrected over Crofts. I remember now it was just Foley out after a few months.

I think we do actually agree on the youngsters though, all of them are capable of filling in for a few games at a time but not to be relied upon. I would still keep them around the squad and stand by my thoughts of potentially letting Pratley go if it meant Bowyer could bring in another striker. Even for Pratley's experience there's no reason we couldn't bring in an experienced striker to replace Pratley. I think Pratley's done a fair job but if we want promotion we have to be ruthless and Pratley will probably be earning more than a few of the youngsters combined.
    sorry I thought you meant they were all ready for an extended run. Yes I agree the odd game will be beneficial for them without damaging the team. I agree with what you are saying about Pratley, just would be surprised if he leaves, mainly because of the injuries in the CM position at the moment.
  • Options
    There hasn’t been a £2m bid for a player. Doucher is attention seeking again, stop responding and he will eventually stop
  • Options

So that is Ward out and Williams in.
    Steer out Maxwell in.

So we haven't gone backwards. We may have slightly gone forwards if those two are an upgrade on who they are replacing.

To make this a good window we need to not lose anyone from now on and sign a left back. I wpuld snap your hand off if you offered me that for the window.

Add in another Striker and we would have had a very good window. Lose a couple players and it all changes.

There is the left back.

If you offered me the option of the window closing with no ins and no outs from now I would take it.

Being greedy I would love another Striker and more importantly NO OUTS!!

Other than the odd fringe player on loan.
    @cantersaddick for president/prime minister!
    I can back that idea!!
    What Brexit solution could you get through Parliament?
    That would be the least of your worries of I was in charge.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    A quick Charlton Life search shows Petrasso (must be the same guy) played for QPR u23s against us in February 2017
  • Options
    Random. Not sure what he would add to the squad that we don't have. Can play right back as well, but fails the height test (5'6)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/michael-petrasso
  • Options
    Surely not the additional forward we're looking for? Looks like a case of "why not get him in and take a look".