Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Maybe by the end of the month Arsenal will have been knocked out of the FA Cup and will be more willing to release one of their good young strikers? Liverpool, Fulham and Leicester could also have options to loan out then too?
  • Keep up Scoham!!
  • Not a rumour but I've seen a few league 2 clubs are being linked with Mo Eisa on loan from Bristol City, he is the lad who had his break through last season with Cheltenham and Bristol paid just under 2 mill for him so he could be worth a punt. He will get game time here and can play on the wing or up front. Clearly hasn't hit the ground running in the championship but far too good for league 2, league 1 may be his level right now.

Someone give Lee a call
  • edited January 2019

Not a rumour but I've seen a few league 2 clubs are being linked with Mo Eisa on loan from Bristol City, he is the lad who had his break through last season with Cheltenham and Bristol paid just under 2 mill for him so he could be worth a punt. He will get game time here and can play on the wing or up front. Clearly hasn't hit the ground running in the championship but far too good for league 2, league 1 may be his level right now.

Someone give Lee a call

Isn’t he a local lad? Feel like he was playing in the Kent League not too long ago or is that someone else...

Edit: Yep, Dartford, Corinthians and Greenwich Borough
  • Scoham said:
    He was very handsome, wasn't he? No JBG, but still, very handsome.
  • Not a rumour but I've seen a few league 2 clubs are being linked with Mo Eisa on loan from Bristol City, he is the lad who had his break through last season with Cheltenham and Bristol paid just under 2 mill for him so he could be worth a punt. He will get game time here and can play on the wing or up front. Clearly hasn't hit the ground running in the championship but far too good for league 2, league 1 may be his level right now.

Someone give Lee a call

Isn’t he a local lad? Feel like he was playing in the Kent League not too long ago or is that someone else...

Yeah that's the guy, absolutely tore up league 2 last year and is a very versatile forward player, him and possibly another CM (Pratley type but not as shit) would be a very good window in my eyes and would be good enough to push us on. Then hopefully we will be taken over by the new season in the championship and we can snap up all the league1 talent with their contracts running down, the stuff of fm dreams

Someone give Lee a call

Yeah that's the guy, absolutely tore up league 2 last year and is a very versatile forward player, him and possibly another CM (Pratley type but not as shit) would be a very good window in my eyes and would be good enough to push us on. Then hopefully we will be taken over by the new season in the championship and we can snap up all the league1 talent with their contracts running down, the stuff of fm dreams
    Born in Khartoum which seems a good enough reason to sign him

He comes from the Sudan
    He fecking hates Roland
    Mo Eise
    Whoah oh oh

Someone give Lee a call

He comes from the Sudan
    He fecking hates Roland
    He’s better than Zidane
    Mo Eise
    Whoah oh oh
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

Not a rumour but I've seen a few league 2 clubs are being linked with Mo Eisa on loan from Bristol City, he is the lad who had his break through last season with Cheltenham and Bristol paid just under 2 mill for him so he could be worth a punt. He will get game time here and can play on the wing or up front. Clearly hasn't hit the ground running in the championship but far too good for league 2, league 1 may be his level right now.

Someone give Lee a call

He comes from the Sudan
    He fecking hates Roland
    He’s better than Zidane
    Mo Eise
    Whoah oh oh
    That is better

Standing on the shoulder of giants : - )
  • clive said:

When asked what happens next in the window Gallen said: “I don’t think it is 'job done'. I think there could be a couple more in all honesty. We’ll let the dust settle now after a week or two and I can anticipate maybe towards the end of the month there will be one or two going out that aren’t getting as much game time, and then maybe one or two might come in to replace them. It’s definitely not 'job done' and I think anyway we can help Lee (Bowyer) and the team to strengthen the squad and give us a chance to be in that top six, or hopefully that top two, we’ve got to try and do that.”
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c38b15faf002/gallen-on-january-transfer-window-plans-after-the-signing-of-purrington

That makes sense. Apart from anything else, injuries in the next 2 weeks might impact where we need to strengthen

As I've said before, we've potentially have far too many in midfield. No way will all of them be here on the 1st February

Someone give Lee a call

I really don’t think we another CM...
  • edited January 2019
    Reeves is an injury waiting to happen, Cullen may not hit the ground running, Lapslie is an accident waiting to happen, I rate Bielik and he's doing a great job but he isn't a natural CM and we may need him as cover at centre back, Clarke is an enigma at this point plus not a centre mid and Williams again although showed glimpses, based on his history can we trust him to play every game this season?

I make that two fit centre mids who can probably play the whole season in Pratley and Bielik. Bielik gets injured then what? He's been our best player by far in that midfield role since Aribo and Cullen's absence
  • clive said:

When asked what happens next in the window Gallen said: “I don’t think it is 'job done'. I think there could be a couple more in all honesty. We’ll let the dust settle now after a week or two and I can anticipate maybe towards the end of the month there will be one or two going out that aren’t getting as much game time, and then maybe one or two might come in to replace them. It’s definitely not 'job done' and I think anyway we can help Lee (Bowyer) and the team to strengthen the squad and give us a chance to be in that top six, or hopefully that top two, we’ve got to try and do that.”
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c38b15faf002/gallen-on-january-transfer-window-plans-after-the-signing-of-purrington

Let the dust settle for a week or 2

So no new striker anytime soon
    is a week not soon? Golfie levels of impatience
    He didnt say 1 week

Its a week or 2, he then said towards to end of the window 1 or 2 players may be leaving and then others brought in

Based on that it doesnt sound like a striker will be in next werk but probably closer to 2 weeks which will be towards the end of the window
    So he did say a week.

point is we've already signed three players, all of whom seem decent and improve the squad. Gallen has done well.

Getting a forward will be more difficult and we're more likely to find someone near the end of the window when other deals have been done and clubs at a higher level are willing to loan out that player.

Or you could read it as he's waiting to see if there is a takeover and they can splash the dollars.
    And waiting to get 1 or 2 players wages off the books by sale or loan, in order to get 1 or 2 more players in, within the budget.
  • Reeves is an injury waiting to happen, Cullen may not hit the ground running, Lapslie is an accident waiting to happen, I rate Bielik and he's doing a great job but he isn't a natural CM and we may need him as cover at centre back, Clarke is an enigma at this point plus not a centre mid and Williams again although showed glimpses, based on his history can we trust him to play every game this season?

I make that two fit centre mids who can probably play the whole season in Pratley and Bielik. Bielik gets injured then what? He's been our best player by far in that midfield role since Aribo and Cullen's absence

But we have 8 of them (and Dijksteel and Morgan too who have featured this season) so despite "only 2" of them being fit for the whole season, you really believe that the other 8 are not enough for the rest of the season between them?

If so, that's ridiculous, and I for one am glad you are not in charge of recruitment of the squad
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Why would we need another CM? what formation are you playing?

Maxwell
    Reeves Aribo Lapslie Bielik Cullen Pratley Clarke Williams
    Grant Taylor

A progressive 0-8-2 formation whereby we play a double diamond in the middle?

Sounds like something Pep might have gone for when he was managing Barca.
  • edited January 2019
    sam3110 said:

Maxwell
    Grant Taylor

I’ve heard it works wonders.

Edit: bloody hell @ShootersHillGuru I didn’t even notice your post! Beat me by 45 minutes! :blush:
  • DOUCHER said:

There hasn’t been a £2m bid for a player. Doucher is attention seeking again, stop responding and he will eventually stop

it swhat I have been told but I don't think it right to name the player - i guess you'd prefer i don't say anything
    Yes, please. Nothing is better than bollox.
  • That'll be lost on the under 40's @ShootersHillGuru 😉
  • Why are posters so critical of Pratley?
    Would'nt be my first choice but he puts himself about in the physical areas when required.

He’s way too slow - the game passes him by 90% of the time. That and his second touch is a tackle.
    And every second tackle seems to be a bloody assault.
  • sam3110 said:

Maxwell
    Grant Taylor

Dillon Phillips getting shafted again, I wouldn't blame him if he did a poo on the boardroom table, murdered Lee Bowyer's mum, and set fire to the Valley Cafe, such is the injustice with which he has been treated.