Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

I still think we might see a wide player come in.

Peter Garland was a wide player. :smile:

Those extra seconds spent getting the wording right on my gag were critical
  • I’m not so sure we will replace Ajose.

He said on OS we won’t rush to replace him.

That coupled with the fact Igor will be back next month, an element of faith being put in RHF and the forgotten man Billy Clarke who is by trade a striker.

Is he? I didn’t know that. Gonna have to look him up again, bloody memory.
  • Ok fair enough. 2014/2015he scored 13 goals for Bradford in League 1 in 36 starts. Next best was 10 for Crawley also in league 1 in 2012-2013.

Otherwise not so prolific.
  • Only need a striker now. And I mean a striker. Not a no 10 or an attacking winger/midfielder. Someone to replace Taylor if he gets injured or to come off the bench to grab a goal in the last minute. Hacket-Fairchild IS NOT the option.
  • Alan Judge signs for Ipswich.

Bryn Morris signs for Portsmouth from Shrewsbury.

Paul Cook says he wants to keep Grigg at Wigan. (Has been linked with Sunderland)

A funny one as Morris was on loan at Wycombe for the first half of the season, so Pompey must see something that others can't
  • edited January 2019
    How about Josh Magennis
  • edited January 2019

Ok fair enough. 2014/2015he scored 13 goals for Bradford in League 1 in 36 starts. Next best was 10 for Crawley also in league 1 in 2012-2013.

Otherwise not so prolific.

Yeah, but that's because attacking midfield is where he's played most of his career.

• How about Josh Magennis

Of course. Is he available?
  • Bolton have financial woes don’t they ? Would have thought their players could be available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Alan Judge signs for Ipswich.

Bryn Morris signs for Portsmouth from Shrewsbury.

Paul Cook says he wants to keep Grigg at Wigan. (Has been linked with Sunderland)

A funny one as Morris was on loan at Wycombe for the first half of the season, so Pompey must see something that others can't
    Is he a replacement for Ben Thompson who has gone back to Millwall ?
  • I think he is very much a confidence player , think a move now is too soon for him. I’m amazed RD actually made money from business. To allow so many players especially young players to go out of contract is staggering. For me this is one of the worst things he has ever done. Getting promoted is our only hope now.
  • edited January 2019
    Moo said:

I think he is very much a confidence player , think a move now is too soon for him. I’m amazed RD actually made money from business. To allow so many players especially young players to go out of contract is staggering. For me this is one of the worst things he has ever done. Getting promoted is our only hope now.

He’s not interested anymore. A year or two ago, the club was actually fairly proactive about resigning players, after the Poyet fiasco the Spivs allowed to develop and left Roland to deal with. He just doesn’t care now though, and with no CEO to act in the club’s interests, this kind of shit is inevitable.

Rangers did have someone at the Shrewsbury game, although it was supposedly to watch the guy they have on loan at Shrews. Karlan may have caught the eye though.

I see a move like this being entirely possible, although I think it’d be a bad choice on his part.

• Moo said:

I think he is very much a confidence player , think a move now is too soon for him. I’m amazed RD actually made money from business. To allow so many players especially young players to go out of contract is staggering. For me this is one of the worst things he has ever done. Getting promoted is our only hope now.

Agree. Total mess and it’ll leave us starting from scratch in the summer.....AGAIN
  • I think all we can do now is try and be positive and get behind the team. We have a great chance of promotion and if we make it we will be in a good spot to re-sign most of them. I really don’t wanna think about not getting promoted and the consequences of that.
  • Nothing to stop grant from going now ....just saying
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

Nothing to stop grant from going now ....just saying

No, but I doubt he'd want to, he's settled, in good form, has a good partnership on the field and a shot at promotion. Come season's end that may change
  • He can sign a pre-contract agreement with them this window and leave in the summer for nothing. Same goes for Aribo, Fosu and others. I think we only get development fees if we offer these guys improved contracts to stay.

Cheers Roly!

Didn’t we offer them contracts a while ago, no one has signed it I’m correct??
  • J BLOCK said:

He can sign a pre-contract agreement with them this window and leave in the summer for nothing. Same goes for Aribo, Fosu and others. I think we only get development fees if we offer these guys improved contracts to stay.

Cheers Roly!

Didn’t we offer them contracts a while ago, no one has signed it I’m correct??
    Can you blame them?!
  • edited January 2019
    Just shows how close we are to falling apart though, too many good players out the door in the summer. I'm not too worried about Rangers as I don't think they will pay that much more than us in wages, my concern is the championship clubs. I can't see him moving to Scotland as he is young and settled here, a more local side though can get him for a snippet and he's more than worth the fee
  • Morelos misses lots of good chances so I can see why Rangers would be interested in Grant!
  • I blame Jermaine Defoe.
  • Hmm dont know why Grant would reject Rangers just because of a good partnership with Taylor - Smacks to me as though he wouldnt have the confidence to go it alone when I'm sure he does.

Challenging for trophies / playing in Europe would certainly be a more attractive prospect for any player when the alternative is a weak Contract offer / Uncertainty with regards to the squad as a whole next season

Only potential we could offer him is Championship Football yet look at Dembele who went from the Football League to Scotland and where he is now, or even Virgil Van Dijk; Scottish League wont be the pinacle of his career but he could certainly get himself noticed by even bigger clubs
  • I'd hope most players would see that the Championship is infinitely better than the SPL