Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• From a Charlton point of view, I hope he stays. A small part of me wants this to be true so that Roland misses out on a development fee

There's only a development fee if the club offer Grant an improved contract.

• Oggy Red said:

From a Charlton point of view, I hope he stays. A small part of me wants this to be true so that Roland misses out on a development fee

And its a transfer to an "English" club, or the 3 or 4 Welsh clubs in the English system. I thinks it telling that the only to rumours of our players leaving are young ones to "foreign" clubs. Where we wouldn't even get a development fee, sounds like agents stiring the pot and trying to flush out either a better contract or interest at home. Remember Grant and Aribo can sign pre contracts abroad but not at home.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Oggy Red said:

From a Charlton point of view, I hope he stays. A small part of me wants this to be true so that Roland misses out on a development fee

And its a transfer to an "English" club, or the 3 or 4 Welsh clubs in the English system. I thinks it telling that the only to rumours of our players leaving are young ones to "foreign" clubs. Where we wouldn't even get a development fee, sounds like agents stiring the pot and trying to flush out either a better contract or interest at home. Remember Grant and Aribo can sign pre contracts abroad but not at home.
    Although as the Scottish FA is considered "abroad", Grant could sign a pre-contract at Rangers, and no development fee to be paid in the summer, right .... ?

In that case, Roland can only get any form of payment, if Rangers buy him now.
  • Oggy Red said:

We don't know for certain that he hasn't been offered an improved contract, even if only £5 a year better
  • edited January 2019

se9addick said:

Let’s face it. If Rangers want Grant and Charlton are willing to accept their offer then he’s going to go. The fee will be the key.

Joke?
    No. He can walk for nothing in the summer but should Rangers want him right now then even a nominal fee would no doubt secure him.

Let’s face it. If Rangers want Grant and Charlton are willing to accept their offer then he’s going to go. The fee will be the key.

It would be a free transfer, no fee needed.
    No it wouldn’t. He’s under contract so at present commands a fee. Free agent in the summer so he can do whatever he likes.

The article talks about a pre-contract agreement, which he can signed today.
    Rangers want to sign Charlton striker Karlan Ahearne-Grant - according to reports.

The frontman has bagged 13 goals for the Addicks this term but is out of contract at the end of the season.

And now the Scottish Sun report Steven Gerrard is keen on signing the 21-year-old on a pre-contract agreement as a long-term replacement for Alfredo Morelos.
  • se9addick said:

Joke?
    No. He can walk for nothing in the summer but should Rangers want him right now then even a nominal fee would no doubt secure him.

It would be a free transfer, no fee needed.
    No it wouldn’t. He’s under contract so at present commands a fee. Free agent in the summer so he can do whatever he likes.

The article talks about a pre-contract agreement, which he can signed today.
    Rangers want to sign Charlton striker Karlan Ahearne-Grant - according to reports.

The frontman has bagged 13 goals for the Addicks this term but is out of contract at the end of the season.

And now the Scottish Sun report Steven Gerrard is keen on signing the 21-year-old on a pre-contract agreement as a long-term replacement for Alfredo Morelos.

Grant is a cheap risk for them compared to sheĺling out a transfer fee. If he works out they can sell him for an inflated fee - I doubt the contract they need to offer him will be that high.

• If Grant signs for Rangers this month , that's the end of his 1st team football this season.

He'll have plenty of choices in the summer if he scores 20 goals here first.

• IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF - some actual rumours please people
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

If Grant signs for Rangers this month , that's the end of his 1st team football this season.

Why would it be the end of his first team football? Bowyer isn't going to drop him just doing something that's pretty normal.
  • edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

If Grant signs for Rangers this month , that's the end of his 1st team football this season.

Agreed - you would hope that now he has kick started his career he would want to carry that on and not go and warm the bench elsewhere.

If he is hell bent on going, I hope he signs a pre contract deal with Rangers and stays here for the rest of the season - which is no real difference to having somebody on loan.
  • Lee Bowyer is confident that Charlton Athletic owner Roland Duchatelet will not sell Patrick Bauer in this month’s January transfer window.

The German centre-back was the subject of an official bid by Blackburn Rovers in the summer – but the Championship club did not go high enough to tempt the Belgian businessman into a deal.

Bauer has shown no interest in re-signing for the Addicks and this window is the final chance for them to cash in.

Duchatelet does have previous for selling a top talent in January. Twelve months ago he offloaded Ricky Holmes to Sheffield United – although the winger was also desperate to make the switch as the club’s push for an automatic promotion spot had pretty much disappeared.

Asked if Bauer could be sold, Bowyer said: “I’m confident that won’t happen.

“But if somebody comes in and offered a silly amount for Pat Bauer then I wouldn’t expect the owner not to say yes.

“If a team comes in with a £2million bid for Pat Bauer then he is going to go. But the likelihood of that happening is very, very slim.

“I honestly don’t believe that will happen or that we will let any of our main players go.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/addicks-boss-on-star-defenders-future/
  • edited January 2019

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF - some actual rumours please people

You'll have to read The Sun if you want rumours and made up sh*t :smile:

• Oggy Red said:

Why would it be the end of his first team football? Bowyer isn't going to drop him just doing something that's pretty normal.
    If Grant was to sign for Rangers this month, Bowyer wouldn't be his manager!

• Oggy Red said:

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF - some actual rumours please people

You'll have to read The Sun if you want rumours and made up sh*t :smile:

No thank you! used to lol but dont read any newspapers, probably get more news through CL than anything else.

I saw it was a rumour / confirmed, but we have spent pages discussing his possible departure and seems a bit dragged out. Clearly there is nothing new at present and worrying we might lose him.
  • edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

The suggestion made was that he'd sign a pre-contract agreement this month, therefore he'd stay with us until the end of his contract.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere Rangers are willing to pay a fee for him.

I can only assume you didn't read the article that started this rumour.
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

The suggestion made that he'd sign a pre-contract agreement this month, he'd stay with us until the end of his contract.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere Rangers are willing to pay a fee for him.

I can only assume you didn't read the article that started this rumour.
    There was some mention that a club had already made an offer of £500,000k for Grant.
    In which case, he could leave on completion.

If true, of course.

• I think there is almost zero chance of Grant going to Scotland, he won't want to go and live up there. He likes the 'London life'.

More likely that he'll go on a free in the summer to another London/south championship club. Brentford or dare I say it Millwall. Even Fulham if they come back down.

Unfortunately whatever division we are in next year the way it's looking the manager will have a blank sheet of paper to start with. Very few if any of those out of contract will be loyal, money talks and they'll all be off.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/15/arsenal-head-recruitment-sven-mislintat-future?CMP=share_btn_tw

I'm assuming this was the guy who Gallen said had visited Sparrows Lane back in September 2018 and with whom it seemed he had a good relationship.

Shame if it means we lose that contact but then again we've had Arsenal players on loan before he joined.
  • se9addick said:

I'd hope most players would see that the Championship is infinitely better than the SPL

There’s a better chance of Rangers being in Europe next season than Charlton being in the Championship.
    Of course Rangers will be in Europe next season - but for how long?

• Sage said:

I’d be very surprised to see Grant going anywhere. There’s more to him than people would know, he has all his family in the area, he lives very close and have heard he is apparently very settled. There’s no way he’d be going in this window if he were to leave.

People honestly panic too much. Yes we know what Roland is like, but right now I am not worried.

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around
    I live close to the office

What’s that? Quintuple my salary would you??? Where do I sign

Sad truth is money talks and he’s smash the shit out of the SPL
  • Sage said:

Swisdom said:

Sage said:

I’d be very surprised to see Grant going anywhere. There’s more to him than people would know, he has all his family in the area, he lives very close and have heard he is apparently very settled. There’s no way he’d be going in this window if he were to leave.

People honestly panic too much. Yes we know what Roland is like, but right now I am not worried.

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around

Yes money does talk and he would smash the SPL, but why would he want to do that now when he could stay and help us get promoted, or if we don’t, he leaves in the summer if he really wanted to leave? There are also more factors to be considered than how much money he will get if he went to Rangers.

When you’re a 21 year old who lives at home, who is close to your brothers and sisters, who has a young nephew, lives in London, is from this area of London, lives extremely close to your workplace, and all of your friends are also around the area, it’s not as straight forward as let’s uproot everything I’ve got here and go and live on my own in Scotland, at a place I’ve never been before.

Grant won’t be leaving this window.
    What if it was Brentford and not Glasgow?
  • edited January 2019

Sage said:

Swisdom said:

Sage said:

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around

Yes money does talk and he would smash the SPL, but why would he want to do that now when he could stay and help us get promoted, or if we don’t, he leaves in the summer if he really wanted to leave? There are also more factors to be considered than how much money he will get if he went to Rangers.

When you’re a 21 year old who lives at home, who is close to your brothers and sisters, who has a young nephew, lives in London, is from this area of London, lives extremely close to your workplace, and all of your friends are also around the area, it’s not as straight forward as let’s uproot everything I’ve got here and go and live on my own in Scotland, at a place I’ve never been before.

Grant won’t be leaving this window.
    What if it was Brentford and not Glasgow?
    That’s a different story altogether. Wouldn’t need to move, stays at home and in London, and would already have a good friend at the club in Ezri.

But, I still don’t believe he will leave in this window.
  • sam3110 said:

Reeves is an injury waiting to happen, Cullen may not hit the ground running, Lapslie is an accident waiting to happen, I rate Bielik and he's doing a great job but he isn't a natural CM and we may need him as cover at centre back, Clarke is an enigma at this point plus not a centre mid and Williams again although showed glimpses, based on his history can we trust him to play every game this season?

I make that two fit centre mids who can probably play the whole season in Pratley and Bielik. Bielik gets injured then what? He's been our best player by far in that midfield role since Aribo and Cullen's absence

But we have 8 of them (and Dijksteel and Morgan too who have featured this season) so despite "only 2" of them being fit for the whole season, you really believe that the other 8 are not enough for the rest of the season between them?

If so, that's ridiculous, and I for one am glad you are not in charge of recruitment of the squad
    Yeah alright pal you tell that to my soccer manager, football manager and FIFA career mode saves.

We play a heavy midfield formation that relies on quick interplay and keeping the ball. We need 4 midfielders a game. Currently we have Pratley as the only (on paper) proven centre mid, that's my point. Yeah the rest could be good and it could work but with injuries it wouldn't hurt to have another centre mid, just like it wouldn't hurt to have decent back up striker. When Juventus played 3 at the back they had 5 or so good centre backs on their books, you have numbers on the books based suited to your play style.

You don't have to be so mean mate, head of recruitment for cafc is my dream job
    I'm going to start using that line every time someone questions my ff
    clive said:

Lee Bowyer is confident that Charlton Athletic owner Roland Duchatelet will not sell Patrick Bauer in this month’s January transfer window.

The German centre-back was the subject of an official bid by Blackburn Rovers in the summer – but the Championship club did not go high enough to tempt the Belgian businessman into a deal.

Bauer has shown no interest in re-signing for the Addicks and this window is the final chance for them to cash in.

Duchatelet does have previous for selling a top talent in January. Twelve months ago he offloaded Ricky Holmes to Sheffield United – although the winger was also desperate to make the switch as the club’s push for an automatic promotion spot had pretty much disappeared.

Asked if Bauer could be sold, Bowyer said: “I’m confident that won’t happen.

“But if somebody comes in and offered a silly amount for Pat Bauer then I wouldn’t expect the owner not to say yes.

“If a team comes in with a £2million bid for Pat Bauer then he is going to go. But the likelihood of that happening is very, very slim.

“I honestly don’t believe that will happen or that we will let any of our main players go.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/addicks-boss-on-star-defenders-future/

The article talks about "offloading" Ricky Holmes but we all know he wanted away and had a chance to join his old manager and play at the highest level he'd ever played at. For all we can blame Roland for, I don't think Holmes leaving is one of them.