Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Richard J said:

Redhenry said:

Mansfield won't be paying much

Just seen the above comments about Ajose.
    Sorry, doubt Mansfield are paying half his salary
  • Freeing up Clarkes salary may help though
  • clive said:

Bowyer on transfer speculation.
    Addicks boss Bowyer said: “I’ve only heard the story that Rangers are interested. I’m not aware of anything official.

“There have been a couple of other clubs interested in a couple of our players, but again we’ve not really had anything concrete yet.

“It’s difficult for Karlan because he has done well and has improved so much in a short space of time – because he has only got until the summer left [on his contract] he is weighing up his options.

“With all the players, not just Karlan, we can’t make them sign new deals. All we can do is offer the best we can in our position as a football club – we’re in League One and have to be realisticare brassic so if someone wants to leave there's bugger all we can do about it.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-responds-to-speculation-over-glasgow-rangers-chasing-karlan-grant/

Translated for those who don't understand politician speak.
  • I think we're looking at Mo Eisa at Bristol city I'm sure I see something this morning about it
  • FAVADDICK said:

I think we're looking at Mo Eisa at Bristol city I'm sure I see something this morning about it

We have already come up with some cracking songs for him elsewhere on this (or another) thread.
  • FAVADDICK said:

I think we're looking at Mo Eisa at Bristol city I'm sure I see something this morning about it

Just looked , Portsmouth are after Mo. City boss Johnson said they've had offers for him so he is likely to go out on loan!
  • uie2 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Just looked , Portsmouth are after Mo. City boss Johnson said they've had offers for him so he is likely to go out on loan!
    Portsmouth don't want him
  • Need someone as ASAP now. Can rely on William Wilberforce.
  • Tom Eaves on loan with a promotion clause that requires us to give the Gills £250k if we go up.

....or Marc McNulty on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

FAVADDICK said:

he'll be in by end of week imo as taylor is now out fot 3 games. 2 more bookings and thats another 2 so potentially 5 games he will miss
  • I think the Mo Eisa rumour is wide of the mark, I suggested he would be a quality signing for us on loan a few pages back, a few of us joked around about songs for him, his name has probably crept up on twitter somewhere cause of it and here we are.

He is by no means out of our reach but as far as I know he hasn't been officially linked, no player has on social media
  • I think the Mo Eisa rumour is wide of the mark, I suggested he would be a quality signing for us on loan a few pages back, a few of us joked around about songs for him, his name has probably crept up on twitter somewhere cause of it and here we are.

He is by no means out of our reach but as far as I know he hasn't been officially linked, no player has on social media

Although Bowyer doesn't normally telegraph who he's going to sign in advance.
    Invariably keeps schtumm until the deal is over the line.

i actually mentioned him to begin with, i knew him from greenwich borough, really nice kid.
  • Oggy Red said:

I think the Mo Eisa rumour is wide of the mark, I suggested he would be a quality signing for us on loan a few pages back, a few of us joked around about songs for him, his name has probably crept up on twitter somewhere cause of it and here we are.

Although Bowyer doesn't normally telegraph who he's going to sign in advance.
    Invariably keeps schtumm until the deal is over the line.

I know he is good for that, but with a player linked to as many clubs as Mo Eisa I think we would have a little smoke
  • CAFCDAZ said:

I think the Mo Eisa rumour is wide of the mark, I suggested he would be a quality signing for us on loan a few pages back, a few of us joked around about songs for him, his name has probably crept up on twitter somewhere cause of it and here we are.

i actually mentioned him to begin with, i knew him from greenwich borough, really nice kid.
    Beyond Charlton of me to check this, but you mentioned him on the 12th I said he would be a good signing on the 11th.

I don't think anyone mentioned him before I did and it was purely hypothetical from me
  • I have never mentioned him, so I am not taking part.
  • I mentioned him in the early 90s with my amazing psychic foresight. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Beyond Charlton of me to check this, but you mentioned him on the 12th I said he would be a good signing on the 11th.

I don't think anyone mentioned him before I did and it was purely hypothetical from me
    i apologise for claiming to have called it first 🙄😂
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:

CAFCDAZ said:

i apologise for claiming to have called it first 🙄😂
    It's not that, I just don't want any more false dawns on here. Couldn't care less who said what just making it clear anything you or anyone else may have heard could have been purely because I speculated
  • edited January 2019
    To be honest I'd rather we had someone better than him. A lot depends on whether we successfully appeal today's red card or not. If not, then coming into a successful L1 side for 3 matches makes us a more attractive proposition than being a bench warmer
  • Valley11 said:

FAVADDICK said:

He’d be a cracking signing. 25 goals for Cheltenham last season, local lad from Greenwich (I think) and wouldn’t demand being in the starting 11 to break up the Taylor Grant partnership.
    That 3rd striker is now mega urgent if we can't overturn Taylor's red.
  • Marc mcnulty on loan would be some signing if we could manage that
  • cafc4life said:

Marc mcnulty on loan would be some signing if we could manage that

Sunderland are favourites to sign him. Plus he is Scottish so may favour a club nearer his homeland.
  • Nixon on Twitter saying Huddersfield, Brentford and Millwall in for Grant.

I saw that. Disaster if this happens before the end of the month. Still can’t quite believe his contract wasn’t sorted in the summer.
  • You would hope that the lure of a promotion push, with a possible Wembley appearance in May, would be better than inevitable relegation (Huddersfield), or, at best, mid-table mediocrity (Brentford and Millwall).
  • edited January 2019

Nixon on Twitter saying Huddersfield, Brentford and Millwall in for Grant.

Would see us with 0 strikers for the Peterborough game