Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Sage said:

Swisdom said:

Sage said:

I’d be very surprised to see Grant going anywhere. There’s more to him than people would know, he has all his family in the area, he lives very close and have heard he is apparently very settled. There’s no way he’d be going in this window if he were to leave.

People honestly panic too much. Yes we know what Roland is like, but right now I am not worried.

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around
    I live close to the office

What’s that? Quintuple my salary would you??? Where do I sign

Sad truth is money talks and he’s smash the shit out of the SPL
    Yes money does talk and he would smash the SPL, but why would he want to do that now when he could stay and help us get promoted, or if we don’t, he leaves in the summer if he really wanted to leave? There are also more factors to be considered than how much money he will get if he went to Rangers.

When you’re a 21 year old who lives at home, who is close to your brothers and sisters, who has a young nephew, lives in London, is from this area of London, lives extremely close to your workplace, and all of your friends are also around the area, it’s not as straight forward as let’s uproot everything I’ve got here and go and live on my own in Scotland, at a place I’ve never been before.

Grant won’t be leaving this window.
    Why now? Because he could get the contract, but playing for us for the rest of the season puts him at risk for a serious injury. If that happens, that lucrative contract would disappear.
  • Oggy Red said:

If Grant signs for Rangers this month , that's the end of his 1st team football this season.

He'll have plenty of choices in the summer if he scores 20 goals here first.

He’d walk into that team
  • Sage said:

Swisdom said:

Sage said:

I’d be very surprised to see Grant going anywhere. There’s more to him than people would know, he has all his family in the area, he lives very close and have heard he is apparently very settled. There’s no way he’d be going in this window if he were to leave.

People honestly panic too much. Yes we know what Roland is like, but right now I am not worried.

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around

Yes money does talk and he would smash the SPL, but why would he want to do that now when he could stay and help us get promoted, or if we don’t, he leaves in the summer if he really wanted to leave? There are also more factors to be considered than how much money he will get if he went to Rangers.

When you’re a 21 year old who lives at home, who is close to your brothers and sisters, who has a young nephew, lives in London, is from this area of London, lives extremely close to your workplace, and all of your friends are also around the area, it’s not as straight forward as let’s uproot everything I’ve got here and go and live on my own in Scotland, at a place I’ve never been before.

What if it was Brentford and not Glasgow?
    Brentford look like they could slip into a relegation spot if they are not careful. They’ve only won 7 league games all season with the last one on Saturday being a bonus win against an imploding Stoke. The playing at an old ground while waiting for the new ground issue will start to hold them back if it hasn’t already. Why would Grant want to go there ?
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

Swisdom said:

Sage said:

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around

That’s a different story altogether. Wouldn’t need to move, stays at home and in London, and would already have a good friend at the club in Ezri.

But, I still don’t believe he will leave in this window.
    Karlan and Ezri are not friends.

They fell out over a Pot Noodle.
  • Macronate said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

Swisdom said:

Sage said:

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around

That’s a different story altogether. Wouldn’t need to move, stays at home and in London, and would already have a good friend at the club in Ezri.

But, I still don’t believe he will leave in this window.
    Karlan and Ezri are not friends.

They fell out over a Pot Noodle.
    and a w...
  • when did bowyer say we don't need to replace ajose ? the only reason u can see for this is if Igor is fit or we have another player to come in up top... Clarke maybe ?
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Good job he didn’t stick the 3 one on ones in as well then or it would have been signed sealed and delivered!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc_se7 said:

CAFCDAZ said:
    Good job he didn’t stick the 3 one on ones in as well then or it would have been signed sealed and delivered!
    Obviously wants to stay.....missed them on purpose to show how bad he is & not worth signing.
  • Swisdom said:

Sage said:

I’m settled in my job
    My family are all around

At my advanced age I'd smash the shit out of the SPL !!
  • when did bowyer say we don't need to replace ajose ? the only reason u can see for this is if Igor is fit or we have another player to come in up top... Clarke maybe ?

He said 'no rush' to replace. I don't think we can rely on Clarke or Vetokele so I think there will be a replacement.
  • Just seen that there's been a fire at Rangers training ground, coincidence?
  • Spurs looking at Thuram.

No, not him.....a proper footballer.

To be honest YTU clearly wasnt a goalkeeper so maybe he should try being a striker instead

To be honest YTU clearly wasnt a goalkeeper so maybe he should try being a striker instead
    Should switch to volleyball, got all the right attributes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Robinson loves an ex player!
  • Lee Bowyer says Billy Clarke could make a permanent exit from #cafc this month. Doesn't look like he will get game time with the Addicks and is a free agent in the summer. https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-attacker-clarke-could-make-permanent-exit-in-january-transfer-window/
  • Lee Bowyer says Billy Clarke could make a permanent exit from #cafc this month. Doesn't look like he will get game time with the Addicks and is a free agent in the summer. https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-attacker-clarke-could-make-permanent-exit-in-january-transfer-window/

Not too concerned. But if that does happen we definitely need another forward.
  • Definitely need another forward but i think Jonny Williams is Clarkes replacement.
  • Lee Bowyer says Charlton Athletic have no room for error as they look to bring in a striker – because they only have one loan slot left in their squad.

Clubs can only have a maximum of five in their matchday squad. The Addicks have four – Kristian Bielik, Chris Maxwell, Josh Cullen and Ben Purrington.

“We’re interested in bringing in another striker but we have to be careful,” said Charlton manager Bowyer. “We have only got one space left for the loans, so we have to use this one wisely.

“We need to weigh up where the side is coming towards the end [of the window]. We’ll have a list and just keep an eye on where they are and what they are doing.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-lee-bowyer-we-need-to-make-our-last-loan-count-in-transfer-window/
  • Definitely need another forward but i think Jonny Williams is Clarkes replacement.

Id have thought that Williams was Ward's replacement
  • Williams is a replacement for both Ward and Clarke, we have a lot of midfielders as it is so wouldn't need to sign another if Clarke left. It's a shame for him as he made us tick and we really felt it when we lost him to injury last season

We do have enough midfielders. Currently have 12 who have started a league match for us capable of playing there. Clarke is the most attacking midfielder I would have thought, but Reeves, Williams, Aribo or Fosu could play there.

Always thought it would be 1 in 1 out and I think a decent striker for Clarke is a wise move personally.

Reckon Ward was Clarke's replacement but hopefully Williams is better than both of those, also Aribo can probably play behind front two as well when fit.