Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Is Igor actually any good anymore? He didn’t rip up trees prior to his injury so we shouldn’t inflate his reputation while he’s injured.
  • sam3110 said:

Grant won't be going anywhere, least alone Huddersfield. When was the last time a struggling Premiership team signed a player from league one.....esp one they want to play immediately. Never going to happen.

Lookman.....

Dele Alli...

Neither signed for struggling clubs.
  • sam3110 said:

Grant won't be going anywhere, least alone Huddersfield. When was the last time a struggling Premiership team signed a player from league one.....esp one they want to play immediately. Never going to happen.

Lookman.....

Dele Alli...

It's not always just about the player ..... against their best football interests, they are often easily persuaded to move by their agent chasing the dollar.

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

how close is Igor to being ready. Cullen back from same injury

Cullen was running for a month before rejoining training. Igor has only just stated running so my guess is end of Feb but @sage is the 'expert' 😉
    Bowyer has talked about how naturally fit Cullen is. I'm not sure the same can be said about Igor...
    Yes that's why I said end of Feb but I bow to Sage's greater knowledge and he reckons could be back sooner, fingers crossed.
    Could well be later than the date I’ve mentioned. It all depends on Igor and how much fitness work he has put in, because I am sure he would’ve worked extremely hard to strengthen his shoulder. It’s how his body now takes to the training. With his history it could be later, but he would’ve been back doing outside work for a month before the 16th February. That’s why I believe it’s a reasonable target.

You also need to compare the return date of Cullen and Vetokele, considering they both done the injury in the Walsall away game. Yes, Igor’s was worse but a month later than Cullen returning is another reason why mid February is reasonable.
  • made of glass not worth the wait
  • sam3110 said:

Lookman.....

Dele Alli...

Exactly. And how many games did Lookman get for Everton that season ? Not many. Then he was loaned out the next season. Only now, 2 seasons later is he getting any meaningful gametime. Grant should take note if Huddersfield come calling (which they wont)
  • sam3110 said:

Lookman.....

Dele Alli...

And Dele was loaned straight back to MKD

Who was his manager at MKD at the time? I always forget, as for some reason he never mentions it...
  • se9addick said:

Is Igor actually any good anymore? He didn’t rip up trees prior to his injury so we shouldn’t inflate his reputation while he’s injured.

This, I think we will see the last of Igor come end of the season.
    Absolutely, I think he is on close to £7k a week at the moment. Shame the injuries ruined him, his first 10 or so games were a joy to watch
  • edited January 2019

se9addick said:

Absolutely, I think he is on close to £7k a week at the moment. Shame the injuries ruined him, his first 10 or so games were a joy to watch
    He's reportedly on £7,200 p/w. Making him, I believe, your highest earner.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

I think Sarr is the highest earner at the club.
  • se9addick said:

I think Sarr is the highest earner at the club.
    I'm only going by a YouTube video that flashed up on my homepage a few days ago that detailed the highest earner at each League One club. Igor was said to be yours.

Christ knows if that information was correct but the young scamp doing the video seems to know his stuff.

Igor would makes sense based on his reputation when he arrived.

Not nailing my colours to the mast, though.
  • I don’t think Ajose is far behind if at all. Mansfield won’t be paying much of his wages so I would still think Nicky is one of our biggest earners.
  • Huddersfield don’t have a manager, what if the new guy doesn’t want him?
  • I don’t think Ajose is far behind if at all. Mansfield won’t be paying much of his wages so I would still think Nicky is one of our biggest earners.

As we were in L1 at the time, I'm sure Ajose's salary will be much less than Igor's (and less than the likes of Sarr and Bauer)
  • You've got to hand it to Daisy she certainly knew how to spend her 'uncles' money wisely :smirk: .

As we were in L1 at the time, I'm sure Ajose's salary will be much less than Igor's (and less than the likes of Sarr and Bauer)
    Was our marquee signing chosen by and negotiated by Katrien Meire. I don’t think NA is on very much less than the others mentioned.

• Laughable that Huddersfield would consider a 3rd division striker as the answer to their problems up front. A player who has had a good season in L2, and half a good season in L1

Huddersfield reportedly would pay £ 1.5 Million for Grant .. how much !!?? .. two word reply .. fuck and off
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

I don’t think Ajose is far behind if at all. Mansfield won’t be paying much of his wages so I would still think Nicky is one of our biggest earners.

Was our marquee signing chosen by and negotiated by Katrien Meire. I don’t think NA is on very much less than the others mentioned.

when Ajose signed he was hot property after a super season at Swindon .. I dare say that his salary reflects that situation .. as mentioned elsewhere Flitcroft the Stags manager likes Ajose who follows him around from club to club .. hopefully, Flits has agreed to pay all his wages as his team chases promotion and already Ajose has had a great start with them, possibly as he's playing for a manager who believes and trusts in him. something he never had in his Valley time
  • Mansfield are not paying all of his wages.
  • Mansfield are not paying all of his wages.

you know that for sure ?
  • I would go for the lad who was up top for Shrewsbury, very similar to Lyle although not as good! Think he is a Norwich player?
  • cafc_se7 said:

I would go for the lad who was up top for Shrewsbury, very similar to Lyle although not as good! Think he is a Norwich player?

Carlton Morris - dirty bastard (I think), particularly in the play off games last season
  • cafc_se7 said:

I would go for the lad who was up top for Shrewsbury, very similar to Lyle although not as good! Think he is a Norwich player?

Carlton Morris - dirty bastard (I think), particularly in the play off games last season
    Tough guy bordering on the fecking nasty .. He's out for a long time after injuring his ACL in the play off final .. never wish an injury to anyone (well not many anyway) .. so to the Valley he will not be coming
  • PopIcon said:

Mo Eisa is a decent player, would get us goals.

And according to Jeff Stelling he would be a sound investment. The interest rate in him is rising.
  • Sage said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

how close is Igor to being ready. Cullen back from same injury

Cullen was running for a month before rejoining training. Igor has only just stated running so my guess is end of Feb but @sage is the 'expert' 😉
    Bowyer has talked about how naturally fit Cullen is. I'm not sure the same can be said about Igor...
    Yes that's why I said end of Feb but I bow to Sage's greater knowledge and he reckons could be back sooner, fingers crossed.
    Could well be later than the date I’ve mentioned. It all depends on Igor and how much fitness work he has put in, because I am sure he would’ve worked extremely hard to strengthen his shoulder. It’s how his body now takes to the training. With his history it could be later, but he would’ve been back doing outside work for a month before the 16th February. That’s why I believe it’s a reasonable target.

You also need to compare the return date of Cullen and Vetokele, considering they both done the injury in the Walsall away game. Yes, Igor’s was worse but a month later than Cullen returning is another reason why mid February is reasonable.
    He was carrying his child around on Saturday with some ease. Has started running again.
  • I hope we go for Keinan Davis at Villa, fairly similar in style to Lyle Taylor. (quick and can hold the ball up)

He’s been out injured so Villa may be open to loaning him out + we’ve already had dealings with them this year getting Steer.