Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Carlton Morris is a no brainer for me!
  • cafc_se7 said:

Carlton Morris is a no brainer for me!

i have to agree with you on him. he was a pain in the ass last season, not a natural goalscorer but was a handful to our cbs in all 4 games that i can remember.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

cafc_se7 said:

i have to agree with you on him. he was a pain in the ass last season, not a natural goalscorer but was a handful to our cbs in all 4 games that i can remember.
    Have we been linked to him or is this just speculation?

• We need someone in for Saturday now,

I know Bowyer said he wanted to wait and see who was availble towards to end of January but with no Taylor we are screwed against Posh.

Yes we have the players for 4-2-3-1 but if that doesnt work and we need to change it we are screwed.

The amount of Football Clarke has had I dont think we can throw him in upfront and expect anything

A loss?
  • cafc_se7 said:

Thought he was injured?
  • Would prefer Lyle to be playing but I’m sure Peterborough have had us watched and will have made plans to counter our strengths based on that. We will now probably have a completely different approach and that might just phase them as much as us.
  • Just googled Carlton Morris and he played his first game from six months injury last night.

He got taken off as a precaution.
  • Richard J said:

Just googled Carlton Morris and he played his first game from six months injury last night.

Could do with a loan then
  • Expect Marc McNulty will move on this week now Reading have signed Ricardo Oliveira.
  • cafc4life said:

Marc mcnulty on loan would be some signing if we could manage that

Sunderland are favourites to sign him. Plus he is Scottish so may favour a club nearer his homeland.
    Brighton it is, then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Richard J said:

Just googled Carlton Morris and he played his first game from six months injury last night.

Could do with a loan then
    He couldn't play whilst Taylor is out though.

I suspect he would come and would be happy to be back up.

I don't think Norwich would ask for much of his wages.
  • tajaddick said:

Josh magennis. Bolton looking to offload.

Are they??
    There top scorer
    Owner trying to sell club losing top scorer would take value down
    Their
    Maybe he meant "Top scorer there" and got the words in the wrong order?
  • tajaddick said:

Josh magennis. Bolton looking to offload.

Are they??
    There top scorer
    Owner trying to sell club losing top scorer would take value down
    Their
    Maybe he meant "Top scorer there" and got the words in the wrong order?
    Its that

Yoda I Am
  • CAFCDAZ said:

cafc_se7 said:

i was just replying to @cafc_se7 suggestion SHG
  • CAFCDAZ said:

cafc_se7 said:

This is a rumour thread.....innit.
  • edited January 2019

CAFCDAZ said:

cafc_se7 said:

Absolutely but just because someone thinks a certain player is a good idea doesn’t make it a rumour.

Hence my question.

Gareth Bale would be ideal. Is this now a rumour ?

• CAFCDAZ said:

cafc_se7 said:

Absolutely but just because someone thinks a certain player is a good idea doesn’t make it a rumour.

Hence my question.

Gareth Bale would be ideal. Is this now a rumour ?

Wait... We're signing GARETH BALE???
  • CAFC Facts & Stats (@CafcFacts)
    23/01/2019, 09:21
    #cafc striker Karlan Grant is attracting interest from Huddersfield, Middlesbrough and West Brom. The highly-rated 21-year-old is out of contract in the summer and could go for around £2m. #dailymail
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Oh no. Hope that’s an agent trying to get him a new contract with us rather than actual interest.
  • Just hope that if it does happen it’s not on the last day or two. We can’t lose a Grant permanently and Taylor for five games and have a prayer of promotion without serious attacking investment which sadly we know won’t be forthcoming.
  • Every January without fail it happens. We lose a key player and they are not replaced, I HATE the Jan window.
  • robroy said:

Every January without fail it happens. We lose a key player and they are not replaced, I HATE the Jan window.

I hate the Douchbag more :rage: .
  • If a £2 bid comes in then he’s gone.

• If a £2 bid comes in then he’s gone.

Wish i could say it was funny!
  • I don’t know what the answer is but if he does go, protests need to start getting nasty for Roland!

If we don’t go up this season we are truly up shit creek!
  • SSN saying Brentford want Grant.
  • Bowyer will have a good replacement lined up, although probably a loan.