Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• FAVADDICK said:

Paul Smyth from QPR being linked by talksport

Who he ?

transfer market says 21 year old Northern Ireland Centre Forward , secondary position Right Winger
    2 Goals from 17 for QPR
    2 International apps 1 goal

This season 3 games in Championship and 2 in the EFL cup

interesting, doesn't give you alot but another international player anyone? surely doing something right maybe big josh can give us his opinions :)
  • Pedro45 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Talksport own Charlton by the sound of it - telling us Roland is selling, telling us Grant has gone, and telling us who we are signing. Maybe that's the Aussie link - Murdoch!
    Judging from the accuracy of the first "fact" on that TS list...
  • SDAddick said:

We should put bid in for goddon at Peterborough it’ll unsettle him for Saturday as well. Weren’t we close to buying him before and isn’t he a charlton fan. Unless I’m mixing him up with someone else

We were linked heavily with him last summer I think it was. I want to say that Robinson denied it, but I don't know what that means. He seems to be having a decent season for them, and I imagine whatever Peterborough paid for him will now be doubled and quoted to us.

(What they paid for him isn't clear https://www.thecomet.net/sport/football/stevenage-striker-matt-godden-is-sold-to-peterborough-1-5547588)

I do think he'd be a decent addition. But in addition to the money likely to be involved, I can't see the Posh selling to a promotion rival.
    I'm friends with his sister. We was in for him, he was interested but it didn't materialize. Something our end if I can remember rightly. Think it came down to the money we was offering.

• FAVADDICK said:

Who he ?

transfer market says 21 year old Northern Ireland Centre Forward , secondary position Right Winger
    2 Goals from 17 for QPR

interesting, doesn't give you alot but another international player anyone? surely doing something right maybe big josh can give us his opinions :)
    Looks like a pacey little’un (Karlan) rather than a big’un (Taylor).

He was out of contract in the summer but QPR did this revolutionary thing and extended his deal last week:
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-smyth-qpr-contract-extension-15697280.amp

• cafc_se7 said:

Makes me wonder why I bother with all the money forked out for Saturday. If we lose Grant we may as well throw the towel in! So disappointing! Roland you utter wanker!

Grant hasn’t gone yet.
  • Roland cashing in on two million ??? Of course he won't ---- I mean it's not like he has done anything like that fecking time after time is it
  • People on here saying its Roland of course he will sell him, he will pocket the money and other shit.

Remember if Roland does that he will have to knock money off from his asking price as he will have sold one of the assets if the club, that would basically be cutting his nose to spite his face and then if we dont get promoted his asking price will de value even more, so take £2M now and risk losing £6M/7M from asking price or dont take the £2M now and with promotion your asking price would go up in value.

We all know he only cares about the money so surely from his point of view to get more money Grant has to stay
  • Roland cashing in on two million ??? Of course he won't ---- I mean it's not like he has done anything like that fecking time after time is it

My point was more that maybe no one will bid £2m in the first place.
  • People on here saying its Roland of course he will sell him, he will pocket the money and other shit.

Remember if Roland does that he will have to knock money off from his asking price as he will have sold one of the assets if the club, that would basically be cutting his nose to spite his face and then if we dont get promoted his asking price will de value even more, so take £2M now and risk losing £6M/7M from asking price or dont take the £2M now and with promotion your asking price would go up in value.

We all know he only cares about the money so surely from his point of view to get more money Grant has to stay

How much has he lost by not selling the club in the past year or so? Can’t assume Roland will do something logical.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

People on here saying its Roland of course he will sell him, he will pocket the money and other shit.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, promotion isn't guaranteed even if Grant stays. Trying to second guess the Belgian megalomaniac and sociopath is impossible. Plus he has the wealth to continue to play his waiting game for someone to pay what he wants for the club.
  • Love Grant, hope he stays.
  • RedChaser said:

People on here saying its Roland of course he will sell him, he will pocket the money and other shit.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, promotion isn't guaranteed even if Grant stays. Trying to second guess the Belgian megalomaniac and sociopath is impossible. Plus he has the wealth to continue to play his waiting game for someone to pay what he wants for the club.
    This.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2019
    FAVADDICK said:

Sounds usual, sell a developing talent for what Duchatelet can get for him, and get an unknown loan to replace. Usual practice, sell a player that undermines a promotion push and replace with someone unproven. This is why I don't have a season ticket and won't get one until Duchatelet fecks off.

All that total Murray bollocks about having to not sell our good young players and the total bullshit about investing in the team if Charlton are well positioned for promotion from Duchatelet.
  • Karlan has had a good season and is playing well

I do suspect though that it's the presence of Taylor which is creating a lot of those chances
    , his movement attracts defenders, creating space for him. I have a little bit of sympathy for Nicky Ajose in this respect, if HE had started the season with a run of games alongside Taylor, he would probably be in double figures for the season, Taylor is that good.

Dropping to league 2 made him sort himself out.
    Can't wait for Nicky Ajose to come back! :smile:

• Valley11 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Who he ?

2 Goals from 17 for QPR

Looks like a pacey little’un (Karlan) rather than a big’un (Taylor).

He was out of contract in the summer but QPR did this revolutionary thing and extended his deal last week:
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-smyth-qpr-contract-extension-15697280.amp
    Which means, if they get an offer, they can sell and demand a transfer fee.

See how it's done, Roland?

• I thought it was said somewhere we'd turned down a £2m bid for an unnamed player we were all trying to guess?

Maybe that player was Grant?
  • I thought it was said somewhere we'd turned down a £2m bid for an unnamed player we were all trying to guess?

Maybe that player was Grant?

Have never thought it to be anyone other than Grant
  • Talk sport =Talk shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would say that the offer was probably from a club grant doesn’t want to go to hence why charlton would want to hold out for that or keep him - ball in grants court maybe????

There is no takeover, he won’t be worrying about losing money off of something that isn’t being sold
  • Charlton are hoping to complete a deal to sign Paul Smyth on loan from QPR.

Smyth, 21, was poised to join the Addicks last Thursday evening but Rangers stalled amid interest from a string of other clubs.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/971136736?-11197:833
  • Paul Smyth is a wide player, a replacement for Grant, not for Kyle. If Smyth comes and Grant goes this week we will have to play Smyth, who is very inexperienced and not a goal scorer.
    Hard to retain much optimism if that happens for the next month at least.
  • Southbank said:

Paul Smyth is a wide player, a replacement for Grant, not for Kyle. If Smyth comes and Grant goes this week we will have to play Smyth, who is very inexperienced and not a goal scorer.

Not necessarily... firstly thats Robinson's line of thinking; Grant is a Striker not a wide player

By bringing Smyth in who appears a wide player as well as Striker means we've potentially got another player like Bielik who can cover two positions

Certainly adds to our wide positions as at the moment there isn't much opportunity to go to a flat 4-4-2 as at present we've just got the two wide men in Fosu and Marshall, neither of which are really proving why they should be playing constantly whenever they do get the chance
  • Southbank said:

Paul Smyth is a wide player, a replacement for Grant, not for Kyle. If Smyth comes and Grant goes this week we will have to play Smyth, who is very inexperienced and not a goal scorer.

He cannot replace Grant.
  • Also I imagine if Grant does go we'll then concentrate on getting a backup for Taylor as in Smyth we would have cover for the former

At the moment though its probably ideal that we find a Candidate who can replace Ajose and elsewhere on the pitch
  • If Dutchelet had his way he would set up a trestle table in Floyd Road and have a garage sale of our saleable talent "everything must go".

I fear we will lose a key component of our push for promotion, not sure who, but the Belgian bastard has us by the short and curlies and I fucking hate it!
  • Also I imagine if Grant does go we'll then concentrate on getting a backup for Taylor as in Smyth we would have cover for the former

At the moment though its probably ideal that we find a Candidate who can replace Ajose and elsewhere on the pitch

A blade of grass does that