Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• edited January 2019

This is the work of the grim reaper AKA the Douchbag

Embellished.
  • Things can only get better...worse
  • Roland is a fucking twat if we let him go for anything less than what Maja has gone to Bordeaux for

And that was to a French club, not a bloody team who are currently enjoying the fruits of the Premier League

Roland is a twat for selling Grant for any amount.

Taylor out for 3-5 games and no Grant means we will be in third division again next season.
  • No decently run club would sell one of their top strikers whilst the other one is out for three games, but we are antithesis of well run.
  • Even if we werent in this situation I could just imagine Roland making a visit to Sparrows Lane and locking a few players in a room to hinder our promotion chances just to piss us all off
  • Redhenry said:

CAFC Facts & Stats (@CafcFacts)
    23/01/2019, 09:21
    #cafc striker Karlan Grant is attracting interest from Huddersfield, Middlesbrough and West Brom. The highly-rated 21-year-old is out of contract in the summer and could go for around £2m. #dailymail

I fully expect him to go. If someone offered to double your wages what would you do?

• Sponsored links:

• I think we could do a deal with Karlan, sign a new deal with a nice signing on fee.

Help us get promoted the sell him in the summer for 5/6M, also add a clause that if we dont get promoted he can go for £1.5m so he still gets his move in the summer

We get more money
    He gets a nice signing on fee

Win/win

Sounds like too much common sense to me mate.

• So he signs for Huddersfield and ends up in the Championship (which is nailed on for them) and where, with a huge slice of good fortune, he could be playing against us next season?
  • addick05 said:

So he signs for Huddersfield and ends up in the Championship (which is nailed on for them) and where, with a huge slice of good fortune, he could be playing against us next season?
    Or he either fires them to safety with his goals OR impresses so much that he moves on to another Premier League club in the summer when Huddersfield are relegated

The fact that he could be in the Championship with Huddersfield or Charlton could be a reason for him to reject them though and so wait for a better deal
  • Beginning to think a 6 month loan to Huddersfield with view to coming back in the summer could end up being an option as well.
  • Let’s have it right, Roland hasn’t done anything yet regarding Grant, and bowyer said he doesn’t expect anyone of significance to leave. Bowyer is not Robinson, his comments have substance, let’s see.

But ultimately it's not up to Bowyer is it?

• Beginning to think a 6 month loan to Huddersfield with view to coming back in the summer could end up being an option as well.

More likely would be a sale to Huddersfield with a condition of the sale being a loan back to us until the end of the season...
  • Sponsored links:

This is what I'm hoping.. whichever club he signs for.

• RedChaser said:
    Sounds very much like a Curbs speech that.

Fully expect Reeco to not be in for a straight swap for Lyle Saturday.
    This! I was thinking it’s unBowyer like to give too much away before the game.
  • edited January 2019
    Only way we'd get him loaned back is if the side signing him dont need him to score goals for them straight away i.e. a top six team

Huddersfield on the other hand need someone to try and keep them up; Karlan will be the cheap easy English option to attempt that
  • I actually don't think it will happen for once but we'll see.
  • addick05 said:

Redhenry said:

CAFC Facts & Stats (@CafcFacts)
    23/01/2019, 09:21
    #cafc striker Karlan Grant is attracting interest from Huddersfield, Middlesbrough and West Brom. The highly-rated 21-year-old is out of contract in the summer and could go for around £2m. #dailymail

I fully expect him to go. If someone offered to double your wages what would you do?

Stay and get triple in the summer when he's on a free.
  • Grant has done brilliantly this season. Don't forget back in the summer Igor and Taylor was going to be our first choice frontline up until Igor got injured.

Problem is getting Igor back and fit again....

• #cafc fully aware of Huddersfield interest in signing Karlan Grant, but no deal in place. Grant training as normal this morning
    Still a whole week to go though
  • edited January 2019
    cafc-west said:

Beginning to think a 6 month loan to Huddersfield with view to coming back in the summer could end up being an option as well.

More likely would be a sale to Huddersfield with a condition of the sale being a loan back to us until the end of the season...
    Anythings possible but, for example if hes off to Huddersfield regardless. If we loan him to them and he does somehow miraculously help them avoid relegation his value would be x5 or x 10 for next season. If they do get relegated worst ways we would get him back next season and he would have been in the Prem with 4 months experience and with all the will in the world we could be in the same division as Huddersfield.

£2 million is bollocks in 2019 for a striker with 10 years still in him.
  • I can understand chasing the £, but being happy in your work, being close to family life and friends is much more important.

The same applies to football players.