Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• _MrDick said:
    Who, Michael Petrasso?
  • Surely a striker has to be coming in !! Ajose going out on loan leaves just Hacket-Fairchild on the bench as the only other striker at the club!
  • Whoosh ... Phil Spencer #Location #Location #Location
  • Right. Nicky Ajose has gone and we will surely be getting in a replacement. Doubt there is too much budget saving on Ajose’s wages but some. Would still be good to get a bit more off the books and be able to push the boat out on a goal scorer even if only on loan.

Who would fit the bill ? Realistic options.

A loan player that is as good or better than we have will be a tall order! The best you could hope for is a kid.

Eaves would give us something different, but would cost up to £250k. Worth the money, but....

• Chuks Aneke?

My thoughts exactly.
    The problem being Roland.
  • Right. Nicky Ajose has gone and we will surely be getting in a replacement. Doubt there is too much budget saving on Ajose’s wages but some. Would still be good to get a bit more off the books and be able to push the boat out on a goal scorer even if only on loan.

A Premier League kid on loan.
    Where's Mavididi these days ? :smile:
  • edited January 2019
    I’m not so sure we will replace Ajose.

He said on OS we won’t rush to replace him.

That coupled with the fact Igor will be back next month, an element of faith being put in RHF and the forgotten man Billy Clarke who is by trade a striker.
  • I’m not so sure we will replace Ajose.

That coupled with the fact Igor will be back next month, and element of faith being put in RHF and the forgotten man Billy Clarke who is by trade a striker.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but I think we will sign someone. Lose either Taylor or Grant for more than a game or two and at present our promotion chances are reduced to doubtful. Will Igor ever be fully fit enough to have an impact ? I’m not so sure. Reeco might well be good enough one day but that day isn’t now. I think we have to get someone in.

• Sponsored links:

Re another Arsenal loanee, was flicking channels yesterday and caught Yaya Sanogo scoring a penalty for Toulouse.
  • Mavididi signed for Juventus Reserves.

Taylor will be our for two games soon once he picks up his tenth yellow. I think we could do with another option up there.

Wasn't Eddie Nketieh mentioned from one of the Bromley Addicks meetings?? @Henry Irving?
  • TelMc32 said:

Right. Nicky Ajose has gone and we will surely be getting in a replacement. Doubt there is too much budget saving on Ajose’s wages but some. Would still be good to get a bit more off the books and be able to push the boat out on a goal scorer even if only on loan.

Wasn't Eddie Nketieh mentioned from one of the Bromley Addicks meetings?? @Henry Irving?
    He was, by Gallen, alongwith another Arsenal player.
  • We’re well overdue a third loan spell for Mavididi or Obika.
  • Or another network chump. Alcorcón have just signed a striker so maybe Juan Muñoz Muñoz is spare...
  • I’m not so sure we will replace Ajose.

That coupled with the fact Igor will be back next month, and element of faith being put in RHF and the forgotten man Billy Clarke who is by trade a striker.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but I think we will sign someone. Lose either Taylor or Grant for more than a game or two and at present our promotion chances are reduced to doubtful. Will Igor ever be fully fit enough to have an impact ? I’m not so sure. Reeco might well be good enough one day but that day isn’t now. I think we have to get someone in.

I hope you’re right, someone in the form of a Taylor, strong and combative in case he gets injured. I just don’t see it.
  • 17 days left of transfer window.

Just saying.
  • leon best return maybe?
  • Sponsored links:

• I hear Higuain has told Milan he wants to leave
  • Aguero only on the bench tonight. Bowyer doesn't want him injured before we sign him
  • Alan Judge signs for Ipswich.

Bryn Morris signs for Portsmouth from Shrewsbury.

Paul Cook says he wants to keep Grigg at Wigan. (Has been linked with Sunderland)

• Alan Judge would have been a good signing for us. Too little too late for Ipswich I suspect.
  • edited January 2019

Alan Judge would have been a good signing for us. Too little too late for Ipswich I suspect.

Good player, but Judge is a midfielder though.

I'd guess we've more or less got our full compliment of midfielders, unless one is moved on.
    Our pressing need is striker cover.

I'd wager our next signing will be a front man.

• I still think we might see a wide player come in.
  • I still think we might see a wide player come in.

How wide do you reckon?

Garland?
  • edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

I still think we might see a wide player come in.

Peter Garland was a wide player. :smile:

Not in the same league as Akinfenwa though :wink: