Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• People say

sam3110 said:

Why would we need another CM? what formation are you playing?

Maxwell
    Reeves Aribo Lapslie Bielik Cullen Pratley Clarke Williams
    Grant Taylor

A progressive 0-8-2 formation whereby we play a double diamond in the middle?

Dillon Phillips getting shafted again, I wouldn't blame him if he did a poo on the boardroom table, murdered Lee Bowyer's mum, and set fire to the Valley Cafe, such is the injustice with which he has been treated.
    Right ok erm
  • How's the Valley Cafe involved in all this?
  • sam3110 said:

Maxwell
    Grant Taylor

Dillon Phillips getting shafted again, I wouldn't blame him if he did a poo on the boardroom table, murdered Lee Bowyer's mum, and set fire to the Valley Cafe, such is the injustice with which he has been treated.
    So we go with Phillips, he gets injured the day after the window closes and we risk any chance of promotion by having to play Maynard-Brewer before he’s ready?
  • That Villa striker we were supposedly interested in has gone on loan to.....Cambridge
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46841445
  • Valley11 said:

That Villa striker we were supposedly interested in has gone on loan to.....Cambridge

Not good enough obviously.
  • sam3110 said:

Maxwell
    Grant Taylor

• Valley11 said:

That Villa striker we were supposedly interested in has gone on loan to.....Cambridge

Bows confirmed we were never in for him
  • edited January 2019
    Had a dream last night.

Woke up this morning did what I always do, turn over, grab my phone and check CL.

There was a thread called Matt Smith signs on loan.

Got to say was disappointed to find out it was a dream as I think he could of been a decent loan signing for us.

I know its not as good as MLK
  • Unless Ajose has taken a knock perhaps he is being moved on to free up budget for another forward. Fingers crossed we can upgrade
  • Sponsored links:

• a player i think could be a good signing. Mo Eisa from bristol city on loan. if we could get rid if ajose he would be a great replacement.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

a player i think could be a good signing. Mo Eisa from bristol city on loan. if we could get rid if ajose he would be a great replacement.

Would need a song for him : - )
  • CAFCDAZ said:

a player i think could be a good signing. Mo Eisa from bristol city on loan. if we could get rid if ajose he would be a great replacement.

Moooooooooo Oh Mooooooooooooo
    He comes from Sudan
    He protests against president Omar Al-Bashir
    He probably has some sympathy for the Sufi Mahdists who attempted to overthrow colonial rule
    Oh Mooooooooooooooooooooo
    Good but it's not Hal David :wink:
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Moooooooooo Oh Mooooooooooooo
    He comes from Sudan
    He protests against president Omar Al-Bashir
    He probably has some sympathy for the Sufi Mahdists who attempted to overthrow colonial rule
    Oh Mooooooooooooooooooooo
    Catchy. I like it.
  • Can certainly see that chanted loud and proud from North Upper :bawling:
  • IanJRO said:

Unless Ajose has taken a knock perhaps he is being moved on to free up budget for another forward. Fingers crossed we can upgrade

Can only imagine Bowyer is going to Poundland tonight to find that Ajose upgrade. With Sarr’s recent improvement, he’s the only player in he squad that I can’t abide
  • wmcf123 said:

IanJRO said:

Unless Ajose has taken a knock perhaps he is being moved on to free up budget for another forward. Fingers crossed we can upgrade

Can only imagine Bowyer is going to Poundland tonight to find that Ajose upgrade. With Sarr’s recent improvement, he’s the only player in he squad that I can’t abide
    Sarr is proving himself a very adequate player at this level, and he's improving with the more games he plays.
  • Sponsored links:

• With regards to Sarr I still believe that it helps he's come back to the club when we've got British Management

Am sure under the right foreign manager he'd be just as good yet the likes of Peeters | Luzon etc. all struggled here themselves so werent able to get Naby to defend the right way to deal with how Football is played in the Football League (is completely different to top flights anywhere in the world); whereas the likes of Robinson and Bowyer know whats required so are able to coach that into his game better
  • With regards to Sarr I still believe that it helps he's come back to the club when we've got British Management

Am sure under the right foreign manager he'd be just as good yet the likes of Peeters | Luzon etc. all struggled here themselves so werent able to get Naby to defend the right way to deal with how Football is played in the Football League (is completely different to top flights anywhere in the world); whereas the likes of Robinson and Bowyer know whats required so are able to coach that into his game better

Maybe he has just learnt to concentrate
  • wmcf123 said:

With regards to Sarr I still believe that it helps he's come back to the club when we've got British Management

Maybe he has just learnt to concentrate
    Lyle Taylor probably deserves a bit of credit too
  • sam3110 said:

Reeves is an injury waiting to happen, Cullen may not hit the ground running, Lapslie is an accident waiting to happen, I rate Bielik and he's doing a great job but he isn't a natural CM and we may need him as cover at centre back, Clarke is an enigma at this point plus not a centre mid and Williams again although showed glimpses, based on his history can we trust him to play every game this season?

I make that two fit centre mids who can probably play the whole season in Pratley and Bielik. Bielik gets injured then what? He's been our best player by far in that midfield role since Aribo and Cullen's absence

But we have 8 of them (and Dijksteel and Morgan too who have featured this season) so despite "only 2" of them being fit for the whole season, you really believe that the other 8 are not enough for the rest of the season between them?

If so, that's ridiculous, and I for one am glad you are not in charge of recruitment of the squad
    Yeah alright pal you tell that to my soccer manager, football manager and FIFA career mode saves.

We play a heavy midfield formation that relies on quick interplay and keeping the ball. We need 4 midfielders a game. Currently we have Pratley as the only (on paper) proven centre mid, that's my point. Yeah the rest could be good and it could work but with injuries it wouldn't hurt to have another centre mid, just like it wouldn't hurt to have decent back up striker. When Juventus played 3 at the back they had 5 or so good centre backs on their books, you have numbers on the books based suited to your play style.

You don't have to be so mean mate, head of recruitment for cafc is my dream job
  • West Ham have offered £10m for Shelvey, which Newcastle have rejected, expect them to up the bid.
  • Dansk_Red said:

West Ham have offered £10m for Shelvey, which Newcastle have rejected, expect them to up the bid.

Shelvey comes from a passionate West Ham supporting family.
    It would be his dream move.

And Uncle would be over the moon. :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

West Ham have offered £10m for Shelvey, which Newcastle have rejected, expect them to up the bid.

Shelvey comes from a passionate West Ham supporting family.
    It would be his dream move.

And Uncle would be over the moon. :smile:
    Didnt they release him before he came to us though?

I thought he wasnt a fan of how he'd been treated when at West Ham either?
  • Right. Nicky Ajose has gone and we will surely be getting in a replacement. Doubt there is too much budget saving on Ajose’s wages but some. Would still be good to get a bit more off the books and be able to push the boat out on a goal scorer even if only on loan.

Who would fit the bill ? Realistic options.