Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

?????

Why has that got anything to do with Mark Marshall.....just because there is an envelope with M Marshall on it.
    Doucher claimed on the previous page that a midfielder who hasn't featured for a long time could be moved on. Interpret featured how you like but Marshall would fit that description.

That note also does say Mark Marshall and the phone number is readable. Very possible this could happen IMO but if it allows Bowyer to bring in another striker then it's a risk worth taking given Marshall is out of contract in the summer anyway.
    Wasn’t Marshall I was referring to - likewise, the £2m bid for a player turned down wasn’t Taylor
    DOUCHER said:

Yes

DOUCHER said:

?????

Why has that got anything to do with Mark Marshall.....just because there is an envelope with M Marshall on it.
    Doucher claimed on the previous page that a midfielder who hasn't featured for a long time could be moved on. Interpret featured how you like but Marshall would fit that description.

That note also does say Mark Marshall and the phone number is readable. Very possible this could happen IMO but if it allows Bowyer to bring in another striker then it's a risk worth taking given Marshall is out of contract in the summer anyway.
    Wasn’t Marshall I was referring to - likewise, the £2m bid for a player turned down wasn’t Taylor
    Clarke to be moved on? and £2m bid must have been for Aribo then.
    Not aribo
    I hate all this 'no it wasn't him', 'nor him', look at me i'm in the know bollocks, if you know who the bid was for, then just tell us.
    tough
  • There hasn’t been a £2m bid for a player. Doucher is attention seeking again, stop responding and he will eventually stop

it swhat I have been told but I don't think it right to name the player - i guess you'd prefer i don't say anything
  • LB loves adding midfielders!
  • A quick Charlton Life search shows Petrasso (must be the same guy) played for QPR u23s against us in February 2017

Gallen might well have known him from his time at QPR
  • Would the Canadian lad be able to get a work permit? Doesn't look like he had a problem at qpr.
  • thenewbie said:

DOUCHER said:

There hasn’t been a £2m bid for a player. Doucher is attention seeking again, stop responding and he will eventually stop

it swhat I have been told but I don't think it right to name the player - i guess you'd prefer i don't say anything
    You think absolutely correct, as far as I can tell you don't know a single thing but if someone was to be sold you'd just say it was them you meant all along. Prove me wrong, name a name. I dare you.
    work it out columbo - read back over the last page and see who you think it might be
  • DOUCHER said:

There hasn’t been a £2m bid for a player. Doucher is attention seeking again, stop responding and he will eventually stop

You won’t name the player but will confirm it is not Aribo or Taylor and not respond to the Grant comments. 😀
  • DOUCHER said:

thenewbie said:

DOUCHER said:

You think absolutely correct, as far as I can tell you don't know a single thing but if someone was to be sold you'd just say it was them you meant all along. Prove me wrong, name a name. I dare you.
    work it out columbo - read back over the last page and see who you think it might be
    zzzzzz.....wouldn't fool an 8 year old
  • jams said:

DOUCHER said:

thenewbie said:

DOUCHER said:

zzzzzz.....wouldn't fool an 8 year old
    well newbie couldn't work it out
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

You won’t name the player but will confirm it is not Aribo or Taylor and not respond to the Grant comments. 😀
    Just keep naming players then & we'll whittle it down from there.

My go.............

FOSU.
  • DOUCHER said:

Just keep naming players then & we'll whittle it down from there.

My go.............

FOSU.
    not fosu - come on golfie, try harder
  • Phew... thought that said we had Davide Petrucci on trial for a moment
  • Even better (just switch “World” for “Roland’s”)

• A quick Charlton Life search shows Petrasso (must be the same guy) played for QPR u23s against us in February 2017

Gallen might well have known him from his time at QPR
    Was thinking that as well.

I think there's a good case to be made that we could do with upgrading on Dijksteel as our second choice RB. I think he's done alright there on the whole, but we know he can get caught out and seems prone to one good game, one bad game. I wish we had a spot for him in midfield but it's looking congested in there as well.

As mentioned elsewhere, it's probably a case of it doesn't hurt to have a look. He could provide cover on the right wing as well. I do sometimes wonder if we'd consider an offer for Marshall should one come in. He's probably on decent wages given he signed on a free. I wouldn't want to lose anyone (bar a couple kids going out on loan) at this stage, but I can understand why there might be some appeal for both parties in him moving on.
  • Kyle appears happy-go-lucky and looks like he can get on the end of some decent crosses, is he available?

Megan seems nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont think we were ever in for him? - Didnt Cawley say that Bowyer had dismissed any talk about him when asked?
  • We obviously won’t because Roland won’t actually spend any money in the window, but James Norwood at Tranmere is surely worth a punt, I’ve watched him a couple of times this season and he looks class
  • We obviously won’t because Roland won’t actually spend any money in the window, but James Norwood at Tranmere is surely worth a punt, I’ve watched him a couple of times this season and he looks class

....and he’s available on loan?
  • When asked what happens next in the window Gallen said: “I don’t think it is 'job done'. I think there could be a couple more in all honesty. We’ll let the dust settle now after a week or two and I can anticipate maybe towards the end of the month there will be one or two going out that aren’t getting as much game time, and then maybe one or two might come in to replace them. It’s definitely not 'job done' and I think anyway we can help Lee (Bowyer) and the team to strengthen the squad and give us a chance to be in that top six, or hopefully that top two, we’ve got to try and do that.”
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c38b15faf002/gallen-on-january-transfer-window-plans-after-the-signing-of-purrington
  • clive said:

When asked what happens next in the window Gallen said: “I don’t think it is 'job done'. I think there could be a couple more in all honesty. We’ll let the dust settle now after a week or two and I can anticipate maybe towards the end of the month there will be one or two going out that aren’t getting as much game time, and then maybe one or two might come in to replace them. It’s definitely not 'job done' and I think anyway we can help Lee (Bowyer) and the team to strengthen the squad and give us a chance to be in that top six, or hopefully that top two, we’ve got to try and do that.”
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c38b15faf002/gallen-on-january-transfer-window-plans-after-the-signing-of-purrington

Let the dust settle for a week or 2

So no new striker anytime soon
  • clive said:

When asked what happens next in the window Gallen said: “I don’t think it is 'job done'. I think there could be a couple more in all honesty. We’ll let the dust settle now after a week or two and I can anticipate maybe towards the end of the month there will be one or two going out that aren’t getting as much game time, and then maybe one or two might come in to replace them. It’s definitely not 'job done' and I think anyway we can help Lee (Bowyer) and the team to strengthen the squad and give us a chance to be in that top six, or hopefully that top two, we’ve got to try and do that.”

Let the dust settle for a week or 2

So no new striker anytime soon
    is a week not soon? Golfie levels of impatience
    He didnt say 1 week

Its a week or 2, he then said towards to end of the window 1 or 2 players may be leaving and then others brought in

Based on that it doesnt sound like a striker will be in next werk but probably closer to 2 weeks which will be towards the end of the window