Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

If the takeover happens then we may be able to compete for the likes of Will Grigg (currently looks Sunderland bound), Tom Eaves or transfer listed Marc McNulty.

I thought Sunderland were potless ?
    They are favourites to sign Will Grigg, presumably a six figure sum ?
    Surely signing him with the money they will get for the soon to be departed Maja?
  • Options
    I hope we manage to reel in this Ali Koikarp
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Wonder if that'll include Marcus Maddison - He was one eager to leave in August hence why he only started on the bench against us as had been out of favour... Sadly they decided to put him on against us and was his cross that led to their bloody "penalty"

I first mentioned Maddison when he was at Gateshead as worth taking a punt on.
    If new owners were already in situ then that may have happened.
    If new owners were to splash money around I wouldn't want it to be on him. He would almost certainly demand a high fee and wages, and while he's a good player at this level, I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is.

Also, in that 10 position we have Clarke, Fosu, Reeves, and I think that's where Morgan will end up. All four are our players (for now, at least), unlike in other positions (holding midfield for example) where our best players aren't ours or are JFC and out for the season.
    Plus Williams. Though like Reeves usually does he may end up playing as one the middle two.
  • Options
    We were very close to re signing da Silva on Monday - apparently Chelsea had agreed to it last week and it was just being agreed with his agent and then it all changed - personally I’m not that disappointed as felt defensively he left us a bit exposed - I always think of the mills and youds signings - a bit of defensive beef not a bad thing in a promotion run in
  • Options
    Hurry up Ashley - you’ve served your apprenticeship up there now come to the big stage and throw s bit of Wonga at it - I can see it all falling into place - curbishley DOF and bowyer jacko running the team - this Aussie thing a smokescreen
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

We were very close to re signing da Silva on Monday - apparently Chelsea had agreed to it last week and it was just being agreed with his agent and then it all changed - personally I’m not that disappointed as felt defensively he left us a bit exposed - I always think of the mills and youds signings - a bit of defensive beef not a bad thing in a promotion run in

Very unlikely, our budget for a LB is very low. They wouldn't pay for a left back from a League One Club who was willing to take a drop in wages to come to us. Hence the U23 from Burnley likely to come because hes cheap.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Am surprised we're going after this Burnley lad as thought Bowyer wanted someone with a little bit more experience - Although I guess its better we go down this route as means Page will just slot back into the team when / if ever fit
  • Options
    He hasn't got the budget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard Cawley saying it’s not the Burnley lad.
  • Options
    Wonder if its Greg Leigh then... Guess he'll be on the bench rather than starting on Saturday yet finally getting in a left-back (especially before the Peterborough game) will do wonders for the balance of the team in Defence

Hopefully all this means Bowyer can have a nice chilled Deadline Day with all our business done early for once
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    cabbie8 said:

Just a striker needed now! Need back up for the boys, Ajose and RHF ain’t good enough

Maybe someone who can play as both as Striker and as a Winger - Like @Chris_from_Sidcup said the other day; be ideal if we can add cover on the wings so we're not restricted to the diamond all the time
  • Options

cabbie8 said:

Just a striker needed now! Need back up for the boys, Ajose and RHF ain’t good enough

Maybe someone who can play as both as Striker and as a Winger - Like @Chris_from_Sidcup said the other day; be ideal if we can add cover on the wings so we're not restricted to the diamond all the time
    TBF we have arguably the best winger in the league and don't play him there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbie8 said:

Fosu / Marshall are the only two we really have though

What happens if one gets injured? - Not to mention the latter has struggled to impress Bowyer this season
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic are set to sign a left-back on loan today.

The Addicks – who landed Preston’s goalkeeper Alex Maxwell on loan earlier this week – have made signing the position a priority to strengthen in this window with Lewis Page still sidelined.

Bowyer said: “We’re very, very close.

“We have got someone in for their medical now. It then depends on the paperwork from the other club.”

The Addicks will then look to bring in another attacking player as their final piece of January business.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-left-back-loan-capture/
  • Options

cabbie8 said:

What happens if one gets injured? - Not to mention the latter has struggled to impress Bowyer this season
    And Fosu has played pretty regularly across an attacking three (LM, 10, RM). That free 10 role lets him drift to the left to pick the ball up and then look to drive at players. It's not like it's completely foreign to him.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

cabbie8 said:

And Fosu has played pretty regularly across an attacking three (LM, 10, RM). That free 10 role lets him drift to the left to pick the ball up and then look to drive at players. It's not like it's completely foreign to him.
    And even Fosu's form has been shocking this season - If he were to bring in a Winger / Striker and go to a flat 4-4-2 I wouldnt even blame Bowyer if he went for Marshall and the newbie on the flanks
  • Options
    clive said:

The Addicks – who landed Preston’s goalkeeper Alex Maxwell on loan earlier this week – have made signing the position a priority to strengthen in this window with Lewis Page still sidelined.

“We have got someone in for their medical now. It then depends on the paperwork from the other club.”

The Addicks will then look to bring in another attacking player as their final piece of January business.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-left-back-loan-capture/

Fingers crossed its Dasilva!
  • Options
    robroy said:

clive said:

Fingers crossed its Dasilva!
    Would be surprised if it was, but if it is him then for me he could also be the winger I'm banging on about if we were to go 4-4-2 as think he's much better going forward than he is in Defence and at the same time would be good protection for Page

Almost like what we saw with Jackson and Wiggins on the Left
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

SDAddick said:

cabbie8 said:

And even Fosu's form has been shocking this season - If he were to bring in a Winger / Striker and go to a flat 4-4-2 I wouldnt even blame Bowyer if he went for Marshall and the newbie on the flanks
    Okay, busted, I am indeed the new signing.
    We're f**ked
  • Options
    I'm not in the know but it won't be JDS

Bristol City already agreed a fee with Chelsea up to Jay if he signs, would be pretty bizarre if he snubbed Bristol City on a permanent deal and asked to be loaned to us