Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand National 2019

Comments

• Bet365's deal (half stake refunded for e/w bets up to £125) now available for existing customers. Still 5 places but the only firm offering 1/4 odds.
    Cheers Bob 
    I'm taking advantage of the subsidy to add one of the 2 runners missing on my slip from my model's winning candidates: ANIBALE FLY, as The Tiger sadly remains too short to make it economic from my perspective. 
    Think I've run out of family and friends.... may have to get in touch with some distant second cousin twice removed.  Mind you they'll probably be restricted too
  • Bet365's deal (half stake refunded for e/w bets up to £125) now available for existing customers. Still 5 places but the only firm offering 1/4 odds.
    Cheers Bob 
    I'm taking advantage of the subsidy to add one of the 2 runners missing on my slip from my model's winning candidates: ANIBALE FLY, as The Tiger sadly remains too short to make it economic from my perspective. 
    Think I've run out of family and friends.... may have to get in touch with some distant second cousin twice removed.  Mind you they'll probably be restricted too
    Almost certainly.
  • bobmunro said:
    Bet365's deal (half stake refunded for e/w bets up to £125) now available for existing customers. Still 5 places but the only firm offering 1/4 odds.
    Cheers Bob 
    Almost certainly.
    Maybe I'll get a Chinese IP address! :)
    Cheers Bob 
    Sorry, this is @anyone (don't want to use up Peanut's valuable time with inane questions!) got my "too good to be true" hat on.

So, if I put £125 on a load of horses E/W on the same betting slip with Bet365... £62.5 will pop back into the account a couple of hours later? (or even £250 on for £125 back?)

Is there a catch? I guess some of their odds look a little shorter than those posted on here (GP 25/1, VC 12/1, AF 10/1) maybe?

Some things that appear to be too good to be true are actually true.

There's no catch.

• bobmunro said:
    Bet365's deal (half stake refunded for e/w bets up to £125) now available for existing customers. Still 5 places but the only firm offering 1/4 odds.
    Cheers Bob 
    Almost certainly.
    Maybe I'll get a Chinese IP address! :)
    Yes, that might work!
  • Just a couple for me today:

2.50 Kemboy (Nap)

4.40 Diego Du Charmil

• My selections for today-:

14.20 - Band of Outlaws @ 7/4
    14.50 - Kemboy @ 9/4
    15.25 - Buveur D'Air @ 8/11
    16.05 - Road To Rome @ 11/4
    16.45 - Brelan D'As @ 8/1

• Added a complete wild one in the Foxhunters.  CHAMPAGNE WEST was a top class chaser a few years ago, and the wheels well and truly came off resulting in him going to the sales last year.  He actually made £50k at the sales, and has ended up in the hands of rookie trainer Thomas Frost (son of Kevin) with the intention of trying to revitalise him and run him in Hunter Chases.  He reappeared in one of the richer hunter chases, but it was on good to firm ground and it was his first run in a while.  The Frost yard has a good reputation for picking up other people's cast-offs and if there is even a semblance that they've got him straight 66/1 with extra places, and 100+ on the machine is a bananas price.  He's a front runner too and they are well suited to the National track. 

Also, backed SUPASUNDAE as another dart to try and floor Buveur D'Air.  I'd thought he was a bit gone this season but his runs are excusable - first time up, ground too quick over 2m, and then didn't get home over 3.  Today he has everything in his favour - fitness, trip, track, ground.  He did me a big favour when he won the Irish Champion last year and hopefully can run well again here.
  • Back the following at Aintree and you would of made a profit the past five years
    1 Any horse trained by Colin Tizzard
    2 Any horse that finished in the top 3 at the Cheltenham Festival
    3 Any horse whose last race was at Uttoxeter no matter where it finished
    love stats, on the above this would be who to back on day 1

1.45 megli khan/spiritofthegames
    2.20 band of outlaws/pentland hills
    2.50 elegant escape/bristol de mai/road to respect
    3.25 faugheen/melon/chitabello/silver streak
    4.05 top wood
    4.40 brelan d'as/molineux
    5.15 no horses fit stats 

Thanks
  • Sounds like Joe Farrell last in
  • Sponsored links:

• Confirmed....last one in!
  • edited April 2019
    The Glancing Queen 11/2 @ 5.15 for me today. Backed it at Cheltenham as only mare in the flat race. She finished 5th after being hampered in run in and looked full of running towards the end. Think this is an excellent price and shot.
  • Pairofbrowneyes the one that came out.  Presumably had a setback
  • Correction - they're going for Irish National with him instead
  • Correction - they're going for Irish National with him instead
    A wise choice  :)  I wish him all the very best 
    What sort of price do you think he'll be?
    What sort of price do you think he'll be?
    Around 20/1 now
  • I've gone for christopherwood in the 2.20
  • Iv'e gone for 
    Tea For Two 
    Captain Redbeard
    Joe Farrell
    Rock the Kasbah
    Jury Duty
    All each way with Bet 365 laid out £20 and £10 straight back in account.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Notably, Tiger Roll has been declared to wear blinkers - as he did in the XC at the Festival and for the Gr2 hurdle he won in Feb.
    Has worn blinkers at other times before (last time Nov 2017) but wore cheek pieces for his GN win last year.
    Some people have a view (not me) that blinkers are a stat negative for the GN, though Earth Summit (1998 winner) and Comply Or Die (2008) wore them.
    Other than "pieces", only other runners with headgear are Monbeg Notorious (visor) and Blow By Blow (blinkers - also first run since wind op) - both wear them routinely now.
  • Carter said:
    I've gone for christopherwood in the 2.20
    I’m on that one also 🤞
  • Bit of a disgrace that ITV aren't covering the 1.45 today - it's a bloody Grade 1 race!
  • Why are people betting with bookmakers? You will get a better price on an exchange. Bookies are scumbags. They will eventually mess you about. All the well known ones and most of the smaller ones have limited my stakes to pennies. I don't know how they stay in business. Ladbrokes refused £100 @ 4/1 then sent me an e-mail saying my stake limit is £1.64. They are supposed to be the biggest bookmaker in the world. Absolute joke.
  • len90 said:
    Why are people betting with bookmakers? You will get a better price on an exchange. Bookies are scumbags. They will eventually mess you about. All the well known ones and most of the smaller ones have limited my stakes to pennies. I don't know how they stay in business. Ladbrokes refused £100 @ 4/1 then sent me an e-mail saying my stake limit is £1.64. They are supposed to be the biggest bookmaker in the world. Absolute joke.
    Around a dozen betting accounts restricted down to pennies, including Bet£3.65
  • len90 said:
    Why are people betting with bookmakers? You will get a better price on an exchange. Bookies are scumbags. They will eventually mess you about. All the well known ones and most of the smaller ones have limited my stakes to pennies. I don't know how they stay in business. Ladbrokes refused £100 @ 4/1 then sent me an e-mail saying my stake limit is £1.64. They are supposed to be the biggest bookmaker in the world. Absolute joke.
    They're a business trying to make money.  Why wouldn't they take steps to stop people costing them profits?
  • I'm too good at losing to even feature on any of their radars 

• Carter said:
    I'm too good at losing to even feature on any of their radars 

I must be one of the best mug punters they’ve ever had. I back a horse and automatically its back leg drops off. I won’t let on what I’ve backed on the National, I don’t want to depress anyone on here, who might have done the same.  :|
  • len90 said:
    What do you have to do to get your stakes limited? Just do particularly well on their site and then they shut you out?
  • len90 said:
    What do you have to do to get your stakes limited? Just do particularly well on their site and then they shut you out?
    Indeed. It doesn't always take much for someone to be chinned, either.