Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2019

Comments

• Options
    It’s all extra stats for the model. 
  • Options
    Not a bean ... My missus did better than me. She picked names and colours 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Where does Magic of Light fall in your model out of interest Peanuts? Thanks for all you do on these threads every year!

RIP Up For Review
  • Options
    What a horse Tiger Roll is! The consensus most likely winner, and bookie basher! Love that, even if I wasn't on board for more than a saver. 

RIP Up for Review, gutting. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Sadly Up For Review never made it. RIP :-(
    I know they all went around the 1st/17th fence without incident second time around but they've got to do something about the lack of room to get 30+ horses passed a closed fence.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Who got 7th

Pretty sure it was Regal Encore
  • Options
    Had Tiger, Rath and Anibel. £81 profit. Cheers @PeanutsMolloy!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Who got 7th

Pretty sure it was Regal Encore
    Yep
    and singlefarmpayment 8th
  • Options
    Thanks to Bob for the half stake offer and Peanuts for Annabel Fly, managed to turn a small profit.

Thanks again to Peanuts and the gang
  • Options

Nearly time!

Just want to say many thanks for all the kind comments. It’s the thoughts and humour of every single contributor that makes this thread so enjoyable for me every year and there's some brilliant insight from a lot of serious racing folk. Cheers to you all.

I also really appreciate the faith that a lot of you place in my model. It's done OK down the years but there’s a definite risk that Mark II, having its first spin, careers off into a ditch and bursts into flames. If so, I do apologise. The model's always work-in-progress, of course, but I really hope it repays your faith (literally).

Whichever steeds are carrying your hard-earned, all the best to everyone and to all 40 runners and riders – come back safe and sound.

COYR

Peanuts, for many, and for the majority on this thread  you ARE the Grand National.

Power to your elbow, Sir - the main man. A privilege and a pleasure to know you, albeit in a virtual sense, and from another recent exchange on CL it would be an absolute honour to shake your hand in the real world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck @PeanutsMolloy thank you for once again being such an engaging captain of this ship (ably assisted by a number of other great contributors). Hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as the rest of us.

Hope Mrs Molloy gets to go on the QE2 to St Lucia and not the A2 to Gravesend

Oy....Gravesend is the UKs answer to St Lucia...
  • Options
    Not the greatest year for @Len\'s_little_girl  and me but thanks to @PeanutsMolloy 's knowledge and @bobmunro 's generous 10 places, Singlefarmpayment in 8th eased some of our pain together with Anibale Fly.

One of my other daughters got 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th with Paddy. She does ask us what @PeanutsMolloy has come up with but then does her own thing! She had One for Arthur when he won it so backed him for old times sake.
  • Options
    Annual thanks to all for a great thread.

Backed Tiger with the 50% cash back from 365 and got Anibel in 5th. Won enough to treat the Mrs to a bag of chips.

Looking forward to next years!

• Options
    Where does Magic of Light fall in your model out of interest Peanuts? Thanks for all you do on these threads every year!

RIP Up For Review
    Will let you know tomorrow Chief.
    Need to go and break it to Mrs M that the suitcases have to go back in the loft.
    No rush! Thank you again.
  • Options
    My son who was working in hospitality at Aintree this week managed to get 16/1 on my pick this Morning ? 
    As they appeared to have a false start, I went for a quick piss, I didn't bother to pause (TV not my piss) I just made it back into my lounge to see Vintage Clouds (good jumper, stays all day) fall at the first.

• Options

• Options
    For a minute there I thought that was your bet today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't to be this year but many thanks to @PeanutsMolloy for his great insight which I enjoy every year. As always I look forward to read this thread for the 2020 race.
  • Options
    Thanks again peanuts.
  • Options
    Thanks to Bob for the half stake offer and Peanuts for Annabel Fly, managed to turn a small profit.

Thanks again to Peanuts and the gang
    Same. Thanks both
  • Options
    Wiped out this year.
    Never mind, thanks anyway Peanuts.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    In the end, I just finished a couple of points ahead on the festival as a whole.
    Had a horror show of a Saturday with only Anibale Fly registering a place. Not a single win or place in any other race!
    Nonetheless, had such a good Thursday and Friday that I effectively just ate up all of the early winnings. Never mind.
  • Options
    Cant stand horse racing even though my sister owns 3 race horses.. But peanuts you may have convinced me to convert.
  • Options
    Yes !!!

Had Tiger Roll £2.50 e/w (betting slip shows €1.25). Took sp with William Hill. Tv had it at 4-1 do I'm assuming that's £6.

Also had Livelovelaugh too.....but not sure where he finished as I think WH pay top 6. 
    Unless I am mistaken, are you the financial adviser chap?
    Why E/W on a 4/1 shot?
    Because I know nothing about horse racing & didn't even look at the odds. Just heard he was one of the favourites & with The Masters next week thought a horse with the word Tiger in its name was a bit of a give a way.

Also, being the GN he was as likely to fall at the first as to win it. 

And I realise now, being a financial adviser, that I in fact won £5 & not £6. So got my stake money back & that's it. 
  • Options
    Hope some followed the five year stats as Tizzard had a 20/1 winner yesterday plus Tiger Roll Cheltenham part
  • Options
    Yes !!!

Had Tiger Roll £2.50 e/w (betting slip shows €1.25). Took sp with William Hill. Tv had it at 4-1 do I'm assuming that's £6.

Also had Livelovelaugh too.....but not sure where he finished as I think WH pay top 6. 
    Unless I am mistaken, are you the financial adviser chap?
    Why E/W on a 4/1 shot?
    To be fair to @golfaddick Tiger Roll went out to 9/2 just before the race. Not a massive potential each way profit if it was placed rather than won but a profit nevertheless.