Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Ajose scored there last season too.
    And he played in the Cup game.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

We’ve got a pretty decent record down there in the last 30 years

Speaking to my old man, he took me down there for a win in the early 90s. We won 2-1 in 93. I remember going a 2-0 win just before Xmas in 97, season we won promotion

We beat them quite easily when we won the championship in 99/00 season

Beat them again in Oct 03 I think when we had Di Canio. Again the season after when Rommedahl scored, game was live on Sky

That win last season and now tonight

No wonder some of their fans may be a bit fed up with us :smiley:

AND the Amady Faye game

I grew up down there and went to all those 90s matches- more than once with my mates shouting abuse at me from the other side of the fence on the open terraces that used to be there

I always laughed last, though

Robert Lee ran one game.... rambling now..:
  • Options
    I suppose the cup defeat all forgotten now.
  • Options
    Ajose and Hackett-Fairchild up front on Saturday?

• Options

Dont get all the Pompey fans bashing tbh, i spent 7 years living and working there, and had a great time - good people. The 'inbreds' bit just sounds a bit childish tbh.
    Plus in terms of their fans, they are one of the best in the country for following their team through thick and thin.

Well there you go. I went to Poly there. Four years. A long time ago. I like what they have done to save their club.

But jeez, watching and listening to that lot tonight reminded me what a weird bunch they are.

• Options
    Any news on Grant?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess that'll be up to four weeks out for him?
  • Options
    Hammy strain is normally 3 weeks; a tear 6 weeks.

Let's just hope it's just tight ..... that'll be 10 days, then.

• Options

Dont get all the Pompey fans bashing tbh, i spent 7 years living and working there, and had a great time - good people. The 'inbreds' bit just sounds a bit childish tbh.
    Plus in terms of their fans, they are one of the best in the country for following their team through thick and thin.

Well there you go. I went to Poly there. Four years. A long time ago. I like what they have done to save their club.

But jeez, watching and listening to that lot tonight reminded me what a weird bunch they are.

I trump your 4 years at Portsmouth Poly with 7 years working in the Dockyard, living in Gosport.
    As i said, i had a good time there, and Pompey people were nothing but friendly and kind to me - even when they knew i was a Charlton fan. Nothing strange about them - just love their football team.
  • Options

Actually agree with this.
    Always enjoyed games against them, of which there have been many, including trips to Fratton Park. Really enjoyed my first trip there in January 1976, when we won an FA Cup replay 3-0.
    There are far worse places to visit.
  • Options
    Love it... Always has something to complain about to keep them on their toes!!

“If we had taken care of it a bit better – we created two v ones – if we just took care of that final bit and score one more then it’s game over. But that’s not like us, we have to do it the difficult way. But I’m being nit-picky there.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CatAddick said:

Got up at midnight to leave Jerusalem to catch a flight home to make it down to Fratton to see that. Not going to get home until midnight either. Bothered? Nah. That’s what makes it special, nights like this

Have a Promote @CatAddick top effort
    Creep....you are just trying to get in Jesus’s good books...can you see it “CarAddict back in Jeruselem “ Hi JC...thanks for that, it really made my trip to Pompey worthwhile. I owe you. And by the way, I also got a promote on charltonlife by AFKABartram...not sure who the fuck he is? I bet he just wants me to have a word with you and yer dad about him being vertically challenged. I’d rather anything you can do is for Lord Bowyer and the team and to lean heavily on that twat Roland to sell up before yer birthday. I’m sure you know that makes sense.
  • Options
    I think they are a dirty side - to have two clear dangerous challenges - only one acted on and for us to be accused of being dirty suggests they should have a look at themselves.
  • Options
    A great game played in front of a bumper crowd. Two clubs that are too good for this league.

What's fucking win. You reds!
  • Options

Love it... Always has something to complain about to keep them on their toes!!

“If we had taken care of it a bit better – we created two v ones – if we just took care of that final bit and score one more then it’s game over. But that’s not like us, we have to do it the difficult way. But I’m being nit-picky there.”

You can take the boy out of Charlton...
  • Options
    Wow, what a win, again!
  • Options
    7-team acca.
    All in except a Portsmouth loss.
    Serves me right, but I’m bloody delighted.
    Seems like a brave performance.
    Onwards and upwards.
  • Options

Actually agree with this.
    Always enjoyed games against them, of which there have been many, including trips to Fratton Park. Really enjoyed my first trip there in January 1976, when we won an FA Cup replay 3-0.
    There are far worse places to visit.
    I was there too. Remember George Graham playing for them, and Mark Penfold scoring a goal - or am i dreaming this?
  • Options
    I would imagine all the top sides are pleased with our result tonight. Dragging Pompey back into the pack. But, sod them, it's all about us. I honestly never expected that. Was hard earned and some luck thrown in, but we equally looked sharper than the last couple of games.

Well done the lads, you deserved that result.
  • Options
    What a result!
    Surely the block by Lapslie with his face will go down in Charlton folklore!
  • Options
    Watched on a stream. We were fuckin awesome all over the pitch.

Special mentions to Lapslie who I thought was a warrior and looked like Scott Parker at times.

Big Naby, who’ve ive been critical of, he was immense and collective.

Bielik really showed why Arsenal still have him real class act at times.

And the obvious warriors in Pearce and Taylor.

Excellent, might just be able to forget the cup now if we do Wimbledon Saturday, but wouldn’t it just be so charlton of us to fuck io Saturday though..