Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Wimbledon : 15/12/18

Comments

• Options

Wimbledon were awful.

I’m not sure Wimbledon were that good
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    RD is a bellend but he is such a money hungry cnut he knows he will get his asking price if we go up. I expect a couple of loans or even a buy to bolster the push for automatic promotion
  • Options

Leuth said:

CAFCsayer said:

Leuth said:

Prat Of The Season is decided...and it's not Sarr. Or even Kettle

You are a self-obsessed clown... Someone ban this bellend. Incessant, needless digs. I don't know why I am biting because that is all he is looking for.

Onto the match... We never got out of first gear, nor did we need to. Thought the subs were a tad defensive as we were still in total control. Bielek was a class above, spraying it about like Pirlo. Ajose is no grant.
    I was talking about Pinnock ffs!
    Haha thought it was about to kick off there
    Next time you indulge in a bit of karaoke @Leuth can I suggest 'Indiana wants me?'
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Leuth said:

CAFCsayer said:

Leuth said:

You are a self-obsessed clown... Someone ban this bellend. Incessant, needless digs. I don't know why I am biting because that is all he is looking for.

Onto the match... We never got out of first gear, nor did we need to. Thought the subs were a tad defensive as we were still in total control. Bielek was a class above, spraying it about like Pirlo. Ajose is no grant.
    Hahaha, I sincerely apologise. I thought that was a dig after the outburst earlier 😂
    No problem. I got carried away and I was still completely incensed at the decision. I'm the one who chucked his Bovril :/
  • Options
    We always win the South London derbys.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the holiday games we have some tasty fixtures coming up, a chance to consolidate our position at the top of the league.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Absolutely love Taylor

@louismendez
    Lee Bowyer says that Lyle Taylor actually failed a fitness test this morning. Played after an injection in his foot and scored against his former side #afcw #cafc @BBCLondonSport

Why on earth did he play 90 mins... We were in cruise control
  • Options
    Anyone else surprised were not higher up the table? 5/6 wins and only 5th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

CAFCsayer said:

Leuth said:

CAFCsayer said:

Leuth said:

Hahaha, I sincerely apologise. I thought that was a dig after the outburst earlier 😂
    No problem. I got carried away and I was still completely incensed at the decision. I'm the one who chucked his Bovril :/
    Well done guys hugs all around.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Absolutely love Taylor

@louismendez
    Lee Bowyer says that Lyle Taylor actually failed a fitness test this morning. Played after an injection in his foot and scored against his former side #afcw #cafc @BBCLondonSport

I want one of those injections. He was everywhere today
  • Options
    5 points made up on Pompey in a week.
  • Options
    Match ends, Charlton Athletic 2, AFC Wimbledon 0.
    90+5
    Second Half ends, Charlton Athletic 2, AFC Wimbledon 0.
    89'
    Attempt saved. Tom Soares (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
    88'
    Chris Solly (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    88'
    Foul by Ben Purrington (AFC Wimbledon).
    86'
    goal icon Goal! Charlton Athletic 2, AFC Wimbledon 0. Mark Marshall (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Krystian Bielik.
    83'
    Corner, AFC Wimbledon. Conceded by Anfernee Dijksteel.
    81'
    Corner, AFC Wimbledon. Conceded by Chris Solly.
    80'
    Attempt blocked. Will Nightingale (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.
    80'
    Foul by Chris Solly (Charlton Athletic).
    80'
    Jake Jervis (AFC Wimbledon) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    77'
    substitution icon Substitution, AFC Wimbledon. James Hanson replaces Andy Barcham.
    77'
    substitution icon Substitution, Charlton Athletic. Anfernee Dijksteel replaces Nicky Ajose.
    76'
    substitution icon Substitution, Charlton Athletic. Mark Marshall replaces Ben Reeves.
    75'
    Attempt saved. Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.
    73'
    Corner, AFC Wimbledon. Conceded by Tariqe Fosu-Henry.
    72'
    substitution icon Substitution, AFC Wimbledon. Tyler Burey replaces Scott Wagstaff.
    71'
    yellow card icon Scott Wagstaff (AFC Wimbledon) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
    71'
    Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.
    71'
    Foul by Scott Wagstaff (AFC Wimbledon).
    64'
    yellow card icon Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card.
    63'
    Attempt saved. Tom Soares (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.
    61'
    substitution icon Substitution, AFC Wimbledon. Jake Jervis replaces Anthony Hartigan.
    60'
    goal icon Goal! Charlton Athletic 1, AFC Wimbledon 0. Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the left side of the six yard box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Nicky Ajose.
    56'
    Attempt saved. Ben Reeves (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.
    52'
    Attempt missed. Joe Aribo (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the left.
    52'
    Attempt saved. Ben Reeves (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
    51'
    Attempt missed. Joe Aribo (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from long range on the right is too high.
    50'
    Corner, AFC Wimbledon. Conceded by Krystian Bielik.
    47'
    Attempt missed. Ben Reeves (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is too high.
    47'
    Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Anthony Hartigan.
    Second Half begins Charlton Athletic 0, AFC Wimbledon 0.
    45+3
    half time icon First Half ends, Charlton Athletic 0, AFC Wimbledon 0.
    45+2
    yellow card icon Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
    45+2
    Foul by Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic).
    45+2
    Ben Purrington (AFC Wimbledon) wins a free kick on the left wing.
    45+1
    Attempt saved. Ben Purrington (AFC Wimbledon) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
    44'
    Foul by Jason Pearce (Charlton Athletic).
    44'
    Scott Wagstaff (AFC Wimbledon) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    43'
    Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
    43'
    42'
    Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.
    42'
    37'
    37'
    Andy Barcham (AFC Wimbledon) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
    33'
    Second yellow card to Mitchell Pinnock (AFC Wimbledon).
    30'
    Attempt missed. Scott Wagstaff (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the right.
    27'
    Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
    27'
    Foul by Tom Soares (AFC Wimbledon).
    26'
    Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Will Nightingale.
    26'
    Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    26'
    Foul by Mitchell Pinnock (AFC Wimbledon).
    25'
    Hand ball by Tom Soares (AFC Wimbledon).
    22'
    Attempt blocked. Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.
    20'
    yellow card icon Mitchell Pinnock (AFC Wimbledon) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
    20'
    Joe Aribo (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    20'
    18'
    13'
    Attempt missed. Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the left side of the box is close, but misses to the left.
    12'
    Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    12'
    Foul by Will Nightingale (AFC Wimbledon).
    10'
    Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    10'
    1'
    red card icon Naby Sarr (Charlton Athletic) is shown the red card.
    1'
    Foul by Naby Sarr (Charlton Athletic).
    1'
    Scott Wagstaff (AFC Wimbledon) wins a free kick on the right wing.
    First Half begins.
  • Options

5 points made up on Pompey in a week.

And they play Sunderland next Saturday
  • Options
    Leuth said:

CAFCsayer said:

Leuth said:

CAFCsayer said:

Leuth said:

I do love a happy ending :kissing_closed_eyes:
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Absolutely love Taylor

@louismendez

It certainly helped that AFC treated the game like a testimonial!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Absolutely love Taylor

@louismendez

Admire the guys effort but that's honestly very fucking stupid to play him for 90 minutes and potentially risk further injury.

We can laugh about it now but we'd be crucifying Bowyer had Taylor gone off injured inside 20 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

90+5
    89'
    Attempt saved. Tom Soares (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
    88'
    88'
    86'
    goal icon Goal! Charlton Athletic 2, AFC Wimbledon 0. Mark Marshall (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Krystian Bielik.
    83'
    81'
    80'
    Attempt blocked. Will Nightingale (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.
    80'
    80'
    77'
    substitution icon Substitution, AFC Wimbledon. James Hanson replaces Andy Barcham.
    77'
    substitution icon Substitution, Charlton Athletic. Anfernee Dijksteel replaces Nicky Ajose.
    76'
    substitution icon Substitution, Charlton Athletic. Mark Marshall replaces Ben Reeves.
    75'
    Attempt saved. Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.
    73'
    72'
    substitution icon Substitution, AFC Wimbledon. Tyler Burey replaces Scott Wagstaff.
    71'
    yellow card icon Scott Wagstaff (AFC Wimbledon) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
    71'
    71'
    64'
    63'
    Attempt saved. Tom Soares (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.
    61'
    substitution icon Substitution, AFC Wimbledon. Jake Jervis replaces Anthony Hartigan.
    60'
    goal icon Goal! Charlton Athletic 1, AFC Wimbledon 0. Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the left side of the six yard box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Nicky Ajose.
    56'
    Attempt saved. Ben Reeves (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.
    52'
    Attempt missed. Joe Aribo (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the left.
    52'
    Attempt saved. Ben Reeves (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
    51'
    Attempt missed. Joe Aribo (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from long range on the right is too high.
    50'
    47'
    Attempt missed. Ben Reeves (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is too high.
    47'
    45+3
    45+2
    yellow card icon Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
    45+2
    45+2
    45+1
    Attempt saved. Ben Purrington (AFC Wimbledon) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
    44'
    44'
    43'
    43'
    42'
    42'
    37'
    37'
    33'
    30'
    Attempt missed. Scott Wagstaff (AFC Wimbledon) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the right.
    27'
    27'
    26'
    26'
    26'
    25'
    22'
    Attempt blocked. Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.
    20'
    yellow card icon Mitchell Pinnock (AFC Wimbledon) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
    20'
    20'
    18'
    13'
    Attempt missed. Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the left side of the box is close, but misses to the left.
    12'
    12'
    10'
    10'
    1'
    1'
    1'
    First Half begins.

Jesus how long did it take to type all that out?.
    Dazzler is Jesus or is that just a nickname?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Absolutely love Taylor

@louismendez

It certainly helped that AFC treated the game like a testimonial!
    Understatement... Im genuienly disappointed we didnt win that by at least 4. They were atrocious
  • Options
    On this form, Portsmouth CAN be caught...cracking match, COYR!!
  • Options
    T

Dazzler21 said:

90+5
    89'
    88'
    88'
    86'
    83'
    81'
    80'
    80'
    80'
    77'
    77'
    76'
    75'
    73'
    72'
    71'
    71'
    71'
    64'
    63'
    61'
    60'
    56'
    52'
    52'
    51'
    50'
    47'
    47'
    45+3
    45+2
    45+2
    45+2
    45+1
    44'
    44'
    43'
    43'
    42'
    42'
    37'
    37'
    33'
    30'
    27'
    27'
    26'
    26'
    26'
    25'
    22'
    20'
    20'
    20'
    18'
    13'
    12'
    12'
    10'
    10'
    1'
    1'
    1'
    First Half begins.

Jesus how long did it take to type all that out?.
    Dazzler is Jesus or is that just a nickname?
    It’s a miracle...no, a sign...the takeover is nigh!
  • Options
    Blimey Sarr looks like he’s been on the mince pies in that pic
  • Options

So when was the last time we had two players in double figures in the league (Grant 11, Taylor 10) by mid-Dec?

Maybe Hunt and Mendonca in 99?

Certainly can't think of many in the last 30 years.
  • Options
    Might have missed it earlier but does Kettle have the distinction of issuing the most red cards in the league? If true surely the FA notices that pattern.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Valley11 said:

Absolutely love Taylor

@louismendez

Why on earth did he play 90 mins... We were in cruise control
    Probably because Taylor wanted to play all the game against his old club.
    It meant a lot to him.

• Options

So when was the last time we had two players in double figures in the league (Grant 11, Taylor 10) by mid-Dec?

Maybe Hunt and Mendonca in 99?

Certainly can't think of many in the last 30 years.