Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views: Charlton v Wimbledon : 15/12/18

Comments

• LouisMend said:

Photo caption required:

Exactly what is Jason Pearce saying right then, while Naby is praying for forgiveness ....?

• OK Wimbledon were poor, but still great to watch Charlton take the piss.
  • stonemuse said:

So when was the last time we had two players in double figures in the league (Grant 11, Taylor 10) by mid-Dec?

Maybe Hunt and Mendonca in 99?

Certainly can't think of many in the last 30 years.
    Think Hunt and Mendonca would've gone pretty close to breaking that record. Looking it up and Mendonca had 9 goals by the end of November but then got injured. Hunt ended the season with 24 and i think Clive would've matched that.
  • Come on you Reds.

No I didn't mean you Kettle.

The third Cafc game when he has done the double Red card.

Oldham away (waggy and Hollands)
    Bolton home (2 Bolton players)
    Dons home ( 1 each )
  • Might have missed it earlier but does Kettle have the distinction of issuing the most red cards in the league? If true surely the FA notices that pattern.

Not sure about that, but I bet he’s the ref whose given us more red cards than any other official
  • Really pleased we won that. Bielik was brilliant and what a Centre forward’s goal by Lyle. Wimbledon parked the bus even when they had the extra player. I think Fosu did well today and we need to keep persevering with him and Reeves if we want to challenge. However Ajose has to go. With him we were playing with nine players today. Anyone would be better than him. I know he put the cross in for the goal but that doesn’t excuse the rest of another piss poor performance. He has had so many chances to succeed and hasn’t done it. He struts around like he’s the star player but he is one of the worst players I have seen at CAFC. Please leave in January Nicky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never in doubt...

...once we were two up.
  • I'll ask again.
    I suppose the cup game is all forgotten
  • Shocking is an understatement for how bad they were. I’d be fuming if I was a paying fan to see my team sit back with a man advantage.

Ajose could teach Fosu a thing or two about putting the ball into the box. Shame his first touch deserted him when one on one.

Don’t think anyone was that spectacular today. Felt like we wanted to break the record for passes along the back line in first half.

Pleased for Marshall, well taken goal.
    Important to follow up from Tuesday with a home win so no complaints.
    Can’t even really complain about Kettle as that kind of performance is expected from him.
  • clb74 said:

I'll ask again.

Today’s game was forgotten for you. Where were ya?
  • clb74 said:

I'll ask again.

Today’s game was forgotten for you. Where were ya?
    After purchasing my Barnsley and Shrewsbury away tickets popped down the rose arrived 10 mins before game.
    Gave a burst of you can stick the fa cup up your arse to all you fa cup lovers.
    You might of missed me as had jeans and coat with hood on today.
  • The Sarr sending off - was sitting in lower West and wrong end. Was it a deserved red? Didn't seem to make much of a difference - they made us look like Barcelona. Truly the worst team I have seen for a long time.....doomed.
  • clb74 said:

I'll ask again.

No. We gave away 3 points at Blackpool and only won 2-1 at Pompey because the core team was rested for a week
  • Still damp sitting in the gypsy moth

Well pleased with that. When you go a man down in the first minute you fear the worst

One of my best mates is an AFC fan, with him now. It’s bleak for them

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team sit back with a man advantage. Was as if we had the man advantage until it got evened up
  • Sponsored links:

• Might have missed it earlier but does Kettle have the distinction of issuing the most red cards in the league? If true surely the FA notices that pattern.

Someone, or some persons, hasto issue the most. It’s if it’s an abnormal number that would attract the FA’s attention.
  • 5 points made up on Pompey in a week.

Most noticeable for me is level on points with Peterborough. They were cruising ahead of us at one point and seem to have had their usual mid season crumble
  • Oggy Red said:

LouisMend said:

Photo caption required:

Exactly what is Jason Pearce saying right then, while Naby is praying for forgiveness ....?

“Oh, fuck” or words to that effect.
  • Massive doth of cap to Mark Marshall. Had an incredibly impacting cameo and throughly deserved his goal, with a great strike.

We didn’t have experience on the bench today but as a manager you can’t ask for anything more than someone coming on late in a miserable weather game and really taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

Increasingly annoyed by idiots who don't understand football slagging off 70% of our side around me.

There really is some thick twats in our support.

If people want faultless football they should fck off to a prem club on a saturday, maybe they will get the 30yd strike top bins they crave or the faultless crosses they need to witness.

It's league 1, it is what it is with flashes of brilliance here and there.
    Was any of that aimed at Reeves? Watching on iFollow I noticed he was the one player willing to keep trying difficult passes. It often led to him giving it away but you need to take that risk against a team sitting back like Wimbledon did.
  • Oggy Red said:

LouisMend said:

Photo caption required:

“Oh, fuck” or words to that effect.
    I think he says ‘you stupid oaf’ ... but I may have got the third word wrong.