Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Wimbledon : 15/12/18

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Ouch!

Stick some Arnica on it....itll be alright.
    Just for clarity mate, that's not my foot!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Make no mistake Wimbledon were absolutely dire. From manager to their 11 players they lacked any guile, ambition or bollocks.

One exception was their substitute, number 32. Thought he actually gave us a lot of problems and could have got them back into albeit undeserved.

Leaves Charlton in a happy place going into Christmas. Let’s hope we don’t blow the excellent recent points tally with a stupid loss as we’re prone to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I agree with you. I thought Reeves was terrible. Did not play one decent pass and was weak,

He did over-hit quite a few but I'm sure it was Reeves who put Ajose through.

I thought he played quite a crucial role in that half hour period between red cards. Playing at the base of midfield (which is where I recall him playing for MK) and reading the play well. That half hour could've been really difficult but we actually managed to control the game to the point where it was frustrating that we hadn't created more. I agree that his shooting was weak/inaccurate.
  • Options

Sarr was playing well until his red card.

Yes, I thought Sarr played well for 45 seconds.
    There were certainly no signs of any howlers.
    Did he actually touch the ball ? :smile:
    Covered end, you have won the prize for spotting "Sarr was playing well until his red card"
    I looked at the scoreboard as Nabby did the walk of shame and it showed 1 minute 5 seconds, considering you had the kerfuffle with the Dons players rushing to the steaming Kettle and then Trevor Two-reds going over to the Ass-Ref, 35 seconds was when the incident occurred.

I hope we can get Ferguson and Beckham's lawyer on to this as "Mr Loophole" would point out that Bambi on ice slipped in the monsoon conditions and he couldn't control his 6 foot 4 inch frame from accidentally wiping out the player. A yellow card and a sympathetic arm around the shoulder should have been the action taken.

Nabby Sarr is innocent OK.
  • Options
    With Ajose, he is worth having seeing as we don't have any better subs available. He will get a few goals here and there. The chance he had was a good example - showed good pace and good positioning to get the opportunity. A good striker waits for the keeper, he decides to go round the keeper before that. Most league One strikers would do the same to be fair.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Taylor is the most I’ve loved a Charlton player since Andy Reid. Proper class.

Last player off, ran round all sides of the ground and clapped everyone and all with a big toe about to fall off. Class.
    Follow him on social media and he just seems like a really good egg. He’s a credit to the club and just happens to be a quality player. His movement for the goal was different class.
    Nice video interview with him on Twitter. Seems like a nice lad, pretty bright and eloquent.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Trevor Kettle's decision to send Sarr off after less than a minute taking into account the horrid weather conditions and slippery pitch was probably racially motivated. But I am glad he had the bollocks to even it up. But to be fair I am calm about it now because we won. But hopefully we can keep Sols, Pat, Pearcey and Anfernee fit in the next three games if we lose any appeal or don't appeal the red card. Tall order I know and tall order (possibly being overtuning the red card) but more in keeping ALL those players fit with our horrid injury luck this season.

If I was Kettle and reading this, I'd sue you for libel.

Of all the stupid comments I've seen on this forum, this stands head and shoulders above the rest.
    I took the comment as being tongue in cheek irony.......most likely related to the Jeremy Corbyn thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Make no mistake Wimbledon were absolutely dire. From manager to their 11 players they lacked any guile, ambition or bollocks.

One exception was their substitute, number 32. Thought he actually gave us a lot of problems and could have got them back into albeit undeserved.

Leaves Charlton in a happy place going into Christmas. Let’s hope we don’t blow the excellent recent points tally with a stupid loss as we’re prone to do.

I agree about the Wimbledon sub he did more than the rest of them put together. If he’d been running at Pearce on the left side of a three way in the first half it might have caused us problems
  • Options
    Good win in difficult conditions, Shame Ajose didn't slot that one on one with the keeper home, Loved the keep ball at the end. Cant wait for the Travellers next week!
  • Options
    We’ve still got Portsmouth, Sunderland and Luton to come to The Valley in 2019. I think we still have a big role to play in the promotion battle.

Cannot wait for the rest of this season and chasing Sunderland and Portsmouth down.
  • Options
    I believe the racist remark about Trevor Two-Reds Kettle may have been tongue in cheek ?

From memory the 6 red cards in Cafc matches have been.
    1 ginger =Waggy
    1 black= Nabby
    1 mixed race = Davies
    3 white = Hollands, Pinnock and the other Bolton Lad ?

A decent cross section of British society.
  • Options

We’ve still got Portsmouth, Sunderland and Luton to come to The Valley in 2019. I think we still have a big role to play in the promotion battle.

Cannot wait for the rest of this season and chasing Sunderland and Portsmouth down.

We could be on the same number of points as Sunderland this time next week
  • Options
    If the injury’s stop and get some back will win the playoffs or maybe get second I think Luton are the team to worry about score goals for fun at home and now starting to pick up away from home
  • Options

I believe the racist remark about Trevor Two-Reds Kettle may have been tongue in cheek ?

1 ginger =Waggy
    1 black= Nabby
    1 mixed race = Davies

Waggy is ginger?
  • Options

I agree with you. I thought Reeves was terrible. Did not play one decent pass and was weak,

He played maybe the best pass you'll see at The Valley all season?
  • Options
    Seriously, I could have played that. I am not a Reeves hater, he has had good games and I have praised him in them, but he was crap yesterday.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Leuth said:

What pass was that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Leuth said:

What pass was that?
    The outside of the boot defence splitter from the corner of his own box to put Ajose through
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Seriously, I could have played that. I am not a Reeves hater, he has had good games and I have praised him in them, but he was crap yesterday.

He was the only one willing to have a pop at goal yesterday. It was pissing down all match and nobody else was trying to take advantage of it by shooting on sight until Marshall has a go and scored...though he spoilt that and passed to taylor later on when he should have had another go himself
  • Options
    Scoham said:

1 ginger =Waggy
    1 black= Nabby
    1 mixed race = Davies

Waggy is ginger?
    Blond hair with a ginger beard
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Croydon said:

Bloke behind me was giving Ajose absolute pelters all game and then cheered when he was subbed off. He doesn't do aways so didn't see his goal at Pompey and was obviously too busy texting to notice the assist for Taylor's goal. I do wonder why our fan base seems to have such a marmite relationship with so many of our own players.

That’s never going to stop with us sadly. Remember back to our league 1 champions season and certain players were being pulled apart at away games and on here, even though we were top most of the season.

Just the way it is with some players get this odd reaction from fans. Personally, don’t get it when it’s a player who is clearly trying. Yes, we all had higher hopes for Ajose at this stage, but the guy is trying everytime on the pitch, and fact and figures is, he’s got 1 goal 1 assist in last 2 games.

He’s clearly not got a confidence issue considering his pre-match comments, so let’s get behind him and see how many he can score whilst Grant is out (and possibly Taylor considering the state of his foot from yesterday).
  • Options
    Ajose put in the best cross of the match, pretty sure he did something similar in the Mansfield replay, crossing from the left corner
  • Options

We could be on the same number of points as Sunderland this time next week
    They have a better goal difference and 2 games in hand.

I still strongly believe they'll go straight back up, and that any team finishing above them will be champions.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Scoham said:

Leuth said:

What pass was that?
    The outside of the boot defence splitter from the corner of his own box to put Ajose through
    This is absolute spot on, he has tried that pass a lot when a instep pass was the easy option (and possibly correct).
    The pass yesterday that did come off was amazing and I agree will be in the top 5 passes you'll see at Valley all season.