Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Wimbledon : 15/12/18

Comments

• Options
    Wimbledon - very poor.

Pinnock - complete pillock.

Bielik - a class apart at this level.

Ajose - constantly looking for balls over the top or through the channel but the midfielders don’t see the possibilities.

Kettle - got nearly everything right, especially the two red cards.

Bowyer - he in whom we trust.
  • Options
    Let's be honest we were pretty poor first half. We didn't create one opportunity against a poor side, who really just came for a point.

Second half totally different. Bowyer's tactical change was bothe brave and brilliant. Bielik playing in front of the back 2. He showed his class often carrying the ball forward and into areas where Wimbledon could get hurt. So different to first half where we hardly committed a defender.

As for the sending offs Sarrs was a bad tackle although some refs would only have given it a booking. Kettle evened it up though with a harsh second yellow for Pinnock. Definately looked some contact with Bauer.
  • Options
    I was impressed with Ajose today without him managing to score, was certainly disappointed when Aribo didnt square him the ball for a tap in at one point and understand his frustrations from that

On the subject he raised the other day though where he said he'd have the same amount of goals as Taylor or Grant if he'd been given that sort of service this season then I completely disagree - There were two occasions when he got in behind the Wimbledon defence, the first time he was too slow (Grant would have been on it in seconds), the second he was more unlucky as he couldnt quite take it round the 'keeper but just have a feeling that either Grant or Taylor would have handled it... Definitely worthy of being a backup Striker though
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I'll ask again.
    I suppose the cup game is all forgotten

I haven’t forgotten. We should have won both.
  • Options
    State of that!!
  • Options

Wimbledon were the worst side I've seen in years.

This, we were so comfortable even when they had a man more it was embarrassing....worst team we’ve played for years
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Explains his reaction during the warm up then

Someone along from me called out to Taylor asking how he was and didnt get a very enthusiastic response, felt then as though he wasnt 100% fit
  • Options

Ouch!

Geezers a beast
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ....and it was the coldest I’ve been in years down there
  • Options
    Man up !

Get hit by a cricket ball - That gives you a proper bruise ;-)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I'll ask again.
    I suppose the cup game is all forgotten

Not at all forgotten. Will always be gratefully remembered for helping us beat Pompey away and outplay Wimbledon with 10 men for 32 minutes.
  • Options
    Anyone know why half time was nearly twenty five minutes? Second half started at 16:12!
  • Options
    Enjoyed that in the end, but it felt like a long afternoon. Didn't see what happened with Sarr, so will reserve judgement until I see a replay. Obviously it affected us and a team with any fight or intent might have hurt us when we were down to 10. But AFCW were very poor indeed. Good support, but they look doomed on that showing. Worse than Bristol Rovers.
    Thought the back 3 were good, Bielek had an alright game, Fosu best I've seen him this season, Aribo masterful, Reeves wasted a few chances but clearly gives something. Ajose doesn't get stuck in, pleased he got an assist for the first, but his positioning is of a luxury striker who expects the midfield to do a lot of the work for him. Taylor of course is worth 2 players so another reason the extra man didn't count.
    Credit to Marshall as well - the guy in front was saying he wished we'd got the Marshall who used to play for Bradford and he scored 2 minutes later. Deserves a run in the team.
    Cold, wet, miserable game, but thankfully a good result.
    Another banana skin game next Saturday, need to win that as well.
  • Options

Make no mistake about it we where miles better than them. They look in the wrong league.

Not for long
  • Options
    Wimbledon really are awful even with 10 v11 we were far the better team.

Totally deserved 3 points today.

Kettle was his usual I want to be centre of attention self. He really is a prick.

The conditions were almost as bad as the wimbledon, but not quite.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I was impressed with Ajose today without him managing to score, was certainly disappointed when Aribo didnt square him the ball for a tap in at one point and understand his frustrations from that

On the subject he raised the other day though where he said he'd have the same amount of goals as Taylor or Grant if he'd been given that sort of service this season then I completely disagree - There were two occasions when he got in behind the Wimbledon defence, the first time he was too slow (Grant would have been on it in seconds), the second he was more unlucky as he couldnt quite take it round the 'keeper but just have a feeling that either Grant or Taylor would have handled it... Definitely worthy of being a backup Striker though

Yeah I agree I think he gets too much stick but he's never likely to be a 20 goal a season striker with any regularity.

Thought his ball for the first was excellent. Thought his touch when in behind to try to take it round the keeper was really, really clever. I thought for sure he'd bring it more under control but he was unlucky that the keeper just got a toe to it. But a good day from him.

Weird game overall. But the kind we would have drawn last season probably. Wimbledon were really bad. We just had a couple moments of quality.

Think the team deserves a lot of credit. 90 minutes+ with ten men and we rarely gave them the ball. Bielik is absolutely class. Taylor must be a nightmare for defenders. And a lot of players put in a real shift out of position today, special shout for Fosu who worked very hard as a LWB.

A really good result when it could have gone so wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Ouch!

Geezers a beast
    I think you mean machine you filthy racist.

(If you can't recognise the satire see the thread about sterling and calling black players names like beast apparently being racist as you're likening them to animals... Despite the most famous Beast in football, Jon Parkin)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ouch!

Geezers a beast
    I think you mean machine you filthy racist.

(If you can't recognise the satire see the thread about sterling and calling black players names like beast apparently being racist as you're likening them to animals... Despite the most famous Beast in football, Jon Parking)
    Steve Thompson was a beast, didn't give a fck if he was black, white whatever, snowflake wankers looking for reactions.

Not aimed at you pal, as I get 'it'....
  • Options

Ouch!

Stick some Arnica on it....itll be alright.
  • Options
    These are the type of games,crap conditons,10 man defensive teams,that you have to dig in and win,we did that and will do it a lot more this season.Re Sarr,quite a few times we have seen him lunge for these out of reach balls,this was a red card waiting to happen.Delighted Marshall got his goal,left on the bench,left out of the squad,no moaning,got on with it,ultimate proffesional,hope he gets a run in the team soon.
  • Options

Anyone know why half time was nearly twenty five minutes? Second half started at 16:12!

We kicked off at 3.07
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Massive doth of cap to Mark Marshall. Had an incredibly impacting cameo and throughly deserved his goal, with a great strike.

We didn’t have experience on the bench today but as a manager you can’t ask for anything more than someone coming on late in a miserable weather game and really taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

Increasingly annoyed by idiots who don't understand football slagging off 70% of our side around me.

There really is some thick twats in our support.

If people want faultless football they should fck off to a prem club on a saturday, maybe they will get the 30yd strike top bins they crave or the faultless crosses they need to witness.

It's league 1, it is what it is with flashes of brilliance here and there.
    Was any of that aimed at Reeves? Watching on iFollow I noticed he was the one player willing to keep trying difficult passes. It often led to him giving it away but you need to take that risk against a team sitting back like Wimbledon did.
    Thought Reeves was very good today. Not everything came off, but he was really trying to control the game and be that creative fulcrum. It the trajectory of a a couple of passes had been half a degree different, or the recipient’s first touch had been a bit sharper, he could have had 3 or 4 assists today. He looks much less lightweight than last season too and much more like the playmaker we thought we’d be getting.

Important he does more of this with Ward injured. Overdue a goal though.
  • Options
    Must win today thankfully and also need the win next week. We have another 5 games in quick succession

We so need to get out of this League obviously.

We are scrapping with Luton, Peterborough and Doncaster - that is currently our level.

Bottom three of the Championship are, as it stands today, Ipswich, Millwall and Bolton.....