Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis 2019

Comments

• Options
    Halep was so, so good. to play a match like that against the GOAT has to be a dream come true
  • Options
    Stunning performance.
  • Options
    Glad Halep won , good to have a new Wimbledon champion though would have wanted a better final 
  • Options
    That must have hurt. Ouch!
  • Options
    A great victory for tennis, Serena cruelly exposed once her power game was nullified

You can say she's the GOAT but for me she's a player who's taken advantage of a poor era in womens tennis by bludgeoning her opponents with her power game.  Halep, Barty, Osaka have really breathed life back into the womens game now
  • Options
    rina said:
    Halep was so, so good. to play a match like that against the GOAT has to be a dream come true
    Serena is obviously up there but Navratilova, Graff and Court (Smith) to name but 3 might disagree with you as to GOAT.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Epic men's doubles final going on. 4 tie break sets and currently 3 all final set after 4.75 hours and counting. 
  • Options
    Epic men's doubles final going on. 4 tie break sets and currently 3 all final set after 4.75 hours and counting. 
    Mahut must hate Wimbledon, 11 hour match and he loses then 9 years later a 5 hour match and loses that as well
  • Options
    Mahut got hit with a smash on his eye brow, hit in the throat, and to cap it all got hit in the balls.

3 strikes and your out. 

• Options
    Mahut got hit with a smash on his eye brow, hit in the throat, and to cap it all got hit in the balls.

3 strikes and your out. 

New balls please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Astonishing mens doubles final. Such an exciting game I really hop other grand slams follow suit with coverage.
  • Options
    A great victory for tennis, Serena cruelly exposed once her power game was nullified

You can say she's the GOAT but for me she's a player who's taken advantage of a poor era in womens tennis by bludgeoning her opponents with her power game.  Halep, Barty, Osaka have really breathed life back into the womens game now
    People are desperate to rubbish Serena. When exactly was the 'golden' age of women's tennis? There's not really been anything to compare to the big three in men's tennis.

I find it amusing when people criticise her 'power' - you wouldn't criticise a male player who'd won so many grand slams for the same thing. You don't win so much on power alone. 

• Options
    Maybe people just wanted the underdog to win
  • Options
    In 2010, Federer had 16 Grand slams and Djokovic had just 1.

Today it could be 20-16.
  • Options
    Trying to watch the final but the blonde line judge is very distracting! 
  • Options
    Novak needa to get his arse into gear
  • Options
    This is Federers to lose, Novak is getting nowhere on the Federer serve
  • Options
    Let’s see, as the match progresses Fed’s age might become a factor if it goes to five sets
  • Options
    anyone else bored of seeing the camera on Rod Laver?  Talk about milking it.  So he won Wimbledon donkeys years ago?  So what
  • Options
    anyone else bored of seeing the camera on Rod Laver?  Talk about milking it.  So he won Wimbledon donkeys years ago?  So what
    He won all the slams and was the dominant player of his era.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Djokovic has this, a break up in the final set. As I said earlier in the thread I think the length of the match has just counted against Fed. 

Fantastic match and one day in the not too distant future we’ll realise how lucky we were to have these two amazing players competing at the same time. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Looks like Djokovic has this, a break up in the final set. As I said earlier in the thread I think the length of the match has just counted against Fed. 

Fantastic match and one day in the not too distant future we’ll realise how lucky we were to have these two amazing players competing at the same time. 
    Or maybe not!! 

Fed breaks back. 
  • Options
    Feel slightly for Djokovic, the crowd are so pro Federer. 
  • Options
    Federer has it in the bag
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Feel slightly for Djokovic, the crowd are so pro Federer. 
    Willing Djokovic to win.
  • Options
    How so? 
  • Options
    Even by your very low standards that is a ridiculous comment to make. Even if he wins it does not make it right.  Personally hope he wins though. 
  • Options
    Two amazing tennis players.
  • Options
    Fed rolling back the years... serving for the title now.
  • Options
    No bottle job from Djokovic....