Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis 2019

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Women's semi finals/final are nearly always shit. Easy win for Halep and fully expect Williams to batter Strycova. 
    6-1 6-3 followed by 6-1 6-2
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Did 20 on halep to win a few weeks before the tournament and got 16/1. Hope she beats Serena now.
    Don't we all.
    Why?
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Did 20 on halep to win a few weeks before the tournament and got 16/1. Hope she beats Serena now.
    Don't we all.
    Why?
    Serena is boring 
  • Options
    I think boorish is more appropriate.
  • Options
    Nice to see all the Serena fans on here.
  • Options
    MASSIVE match this afternoon between Rafa and Roger, amazing that it's been 11 years since they met at Wimbledon for their epic final
  • Options
    Nice to see all the Serena fans on here.
    Maybe there are not many.
  • Options
    MASSIVE match this afternoon between Rafa and Roger, amazing that it's been 11 years since they met at Wimbledon for their epic final
    Gonna knock off early and watch at home

I fancy Rafa, Federer is not the force of old whereas Rafa looks as good as ever
  • Options
    Gonna knock one off 

I fancy Rafa,  looks as good as ever
    ooh er.....
  • Options
    Agut levels it at 1 set all

Novak playing more like Lee Novak in that set
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God I hate the Wimbledon crowd. A long rally and they can't contain themselves from laughing just because the ball keeps getting hit to the same place. Happens every year. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    God I hate the Wimbledon crowd. A long rally and they can't contain themselves from laughing just because the ball keeps getting hit to the same place. Happens every year. 
    They are annoying I'll give you that.
    But not as bad as American golf fans who scream get in the hole every time someone hits the ball off the tee.
    They are far worse. 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Don't we all.
    Why?
    For me I lost all respect for her after the embarrassing tantrum she threw at the US Open
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Don't we all.
    Why?
    For me I lost all respect for her after the embarrassing tantrum she threw at the US Open
    Which US Open?

2009 when she threatened the line judge or 2018 when she called the umpire a thief and blamed it on sexism?
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Don't we all.
    Why?
    Which US Open?

2009 when she threatened the line judge or 2018 when she called the umpire a thief and blamed it on sexism?
    2018 was worse because she completely took the whole spotlight away from Osaka

Instead of it being a Championship won by a remarkable young lady beating Williams it was all about the outburst with Osaka making felt bad about the win
  • Options
    I think we could be in for a long evening!!! 
  • Options
    Federer really "Konta'd" in the 2nd set
  • Options
    Federer really "Konta'd" in the 2nd set
    Certainly didn't Konta the next two though.

Hope he wins on Sunday. If it can't be Murray, then Feds is second best as far as I'm concerned.

Sunday should be a good day on the sofa - Men's final, British GP and England of all teams in a Cricket World Cup final.
  • Options
    Excellent performance by Federer, though slightly disappointed by Nadal

A shame the match finished when it did, as the best tennis was in the last few games
  • Options
    I shant bother with tomorrow's snorefest but the Mens final should be a good contest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I shant bother with tomorrow's snorefest but the Mens final should be a good contest
    Another comment from you trying to get bites haha
  • Options
    This year's men's final should set a record for the highest-ever viewing figures in Britain for another sporting event while the tennis is on. 
  • Options
    Doubt it.  Cricket is more niche than football.

Only last year 10.4m people watched the World Cup final at the same time the men's singles final was on, whereas for example in 2005 at peak Ashes fever (the last day of the 4th test, Hoggard and Giles etc), the Channel 4 audience peaked at 8.4m.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    SamB09 said:
    Good luck @SamB09
    Being a tennis fan, I'm not a two week fan but a 52 week fan, I have bet on Halep in the past when she blew it in a quarter or semi.
    I always did a covering E/W bet in case she lost in final. Did you ?

Back in the day before the big 3, I had a £5 bet on Goran Ivanisvic at 120/1 when he was given a wild card after losing interest and falling out the ranking. I thought crazy bet but he had a good serve and there were no superstars that year !

Big win ? No this wasn't the year he won at 120/1 beating Henman in semi and Pat Rafter in final, this was the year before when he went out in an early round without trying!

So many times I bet on folk the year or tournament before, I don't have the patience to stick with them. Tennis, golf etc.
  • Options
    Williams losing only 3 games to Strycova was so predictable. Out powered and out classed by Williams, join the club.

Williams A game wins 4+3 today, 
    IF Halep plays the game of her life she can win if she can move Serena around.
    I hope Halep wins because Serena Williams is a great champion but I like the underdog.

If I tip Halep to win this year, it just means she will win in 2020 ! That's a visionary for you.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Williams has always won in 3 sets before against Halep in their 3 slam matches.

Great start for Simona.

• Options
    Well done Simona. 6-2 and first set is hers.
  • Options
    Halep on fire. Simona gets too every ball and has shown up Williams lack of fitness.
    I service game away from victory.
  • Options
    Halep wins 6-2 6-2 
  • Options
    Well done Halep, she was superb. Yet another disappointing final though in the sense that 6-2 6-2 isn't a close contest.