Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis 2019

Comments

• Options
    WOW! This rivals the 2008 final, shame it's going on at the same time as the cricket...
  • Options
    Started this wanting Federer but thanks to the knobish crowd now want Djokovic. He's looking fresher, as you'd expect. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Started this wanting Federer but thanks to the knobish crowd now want Djokovic. He's looking fresher, as you'd expect. 
    Crowd is full of knobs...
  • Options
    Can they just call it a draw?
  • Options
    Never knew they had tie break in the final set?
  • Options
    Never knew they had tie break in the final set?
    Started this year ..
  • Options
    Fantastic game !
  • Options
    Congratulations Novak
  • Options
    What a final!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England Djokovic didn't win. Fully tied. Should share the trophy
  • Options
    ;)
  • Options
    Would have preferred Federer to win, whilst he is no doubt one of the greatest players ever I just don't warm to Djokovic, it's the same with Lewis Hamilton, can't explain it I just don't like them.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Crowd is full of knobs...
    Editorial picture of Wimbledon Tennis Championships Day 13 The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club London UK - 14 Jul 2019
  • Options
    In 2010, Federer had 16 Grand slams and Djokovic had just 1.

Today it could be 20-16.
    It's a tough ask but Djokovic is now very well placed to go on and beat Federer's all time record. Federer is 38 next month and surely can't go on forever and Nadal has 1 grand slam outside of France since 2013.

Can Djokovic win 5 more?
  • Options

Today it could be 20-16.
    It's a tough ask but Djokovic is now very well placed to go on and beat Federer's all time record. Federer is 38 next month and surely can't go on forever and Nadal has 1 grand slam outside of France since 2013.

Can Djokovic win 5 more?
    I'd say he can win anywhere except France if Nadal's playing.
  • Options

Today it could be 20-16.

Can Djokovic win 5 more?
    I believe he will 
  • Options
    That crowd were infuriating.  I've never heard a crowd at Wimbledon cheering a double fault for any player.  Well done Novak.
  • Options
    Would have preferred Federer to win, whilst he is no doubt one of the greatest players ever I just don't warm to Djokovic, it's the same with Lewis Hamilton, can't explain it I just don't like them.
    I don't understand the fanboy worship of Federer at Wimbledon. Great tennis player but seems to have zero personality.

Very happy that Djokovic won especially given how biased the crowd were.
  • Options
    I don't understand the fanboy worship of Federer at Wimbledon. Great tennis player but seems to have zero personality.

This. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He’s the greatest player of the sport of all time (decent argument that he’s the greatest sportsman of all time) and an absolute artist so, if you’re going to fanboy over anyone... 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Trying to watch the final but the blonde line judge is very distracting! 
    I presume you meant Jennifer Lawrence? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He’s the greatest player of the sport of all time (decent argument that he’s the greatest sportsman of all time) and an absolute artist so, if you’re going to fanboy over anyone... 
    I found the bias towards Federer embarrassing - showed a lack of respect to Djokovic.

Djokovic may go on to win more grand slams than Federer so hard to determine who is the best. Nadal for me is the least vsrsatile of the big three.
  • Options
    Federer won 4 more games than Djokovic, 14 more points, had 25 aces to Djokovic's 10, won more break points, more net points..............and still lost.
  • Options
    Federer won 4 more games than Djokovic, 14 more points, had 25 aces to Djokovic's 10, won more break points, more net points..............and still lost.
    Who won the most sets?
  • Options
    Who won the most sets?
    Did you miss the last 3 words of my post?
  • Options
    Who won the most sets?
    A bit like in footy where one team dominates, has all the possession and chances, then the other side nick one at the other end
  • Options
    Who won the most sets?
    Did you miss the last 3 words of my post?
    No - you seem to have neglected that it's about who won the most sets. The other stats are largely irrelevant.
  • Options
    Who won the most sets?
    A bit like in footy where one team dominates, has all the possession and chances, then the other side nick one at the other end
    Nothing like that.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    This year's men's final should set a record for the highest-ever viewing figures in Britain for another sporting event while the tennis is on. 
    Doubt it.  Cricket is more niche than football.

Only last year 10.4m people watched the World Cup final at the same time the men's singles final was on, whereas for example in 2005 at peak Ashes fever (the last day of the 4th test, Hoggard and Giles etc), the Channel 4 audience peaked at 8.4m.
    England's Cricket World Cup final win over New Zealand was watched by a peak of 7.9m across Channel Four and Sky.