Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Accrington: 19 January 2019.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

JiMMy 85 said:

The Taylor Aftermath - https://streamable.com/b3e0f

During THAT incident, great footage of Bauer taking charge.

You don't argue with Pat.

The number 15 in the video was the one kicking Taylor as he was down. Real cowardly thing to do. I guess their coach missed that then? I notice he is also exchanging pleasantries with what sounds like some of the £1 kids today. Glad the smug grin he had was wiped off his face in the end.
  • Options

Just watched it back. Never a penalty! Shocking decision tbf.

Why do you think no penalty?
    Too close IMHO
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Just watched it back. Never a penalty! Shocking decision tbf.

I can't believe how many people on here think it was obvious. It was obviously not. How can you take your arm away from the ball when it is smacked at you from 4 yards away?

I'm obviously delighted that we won, but you would be absolutely fuming if you were you a Stanley fan.

But why is the arm out there anyway... there is no need for it to be in that position

Part of me thinks its too close but his arm doesnt need to be where it is which is what makes it a penalty for me, its certainly not part of his running motion because it wouldnt be so far extended

Its almost like he's tried to be clever and anticipate the action from Reeves so has stuck his arm out early to ensure it looks ball to hand
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

In the sending off incident, watch their keeper again.

From the corner, Taylor makes a back for the keeper .... but straightaway you can hear the ref blow for a foul.

Taylor falls to the ground, with the keeper falling on top of him.

The game has been stopped before the keeper picks himself up, and as Taylor is getting up, the keeper steps back towards Taylor and pushes him to the ground.

The ruck starts after that.

Probably why they're both sent off then rather than just Taylor for the kick
    What kick??? The "kick" you told us to look out for in the Sky vid?

• Options

Oggy Red said:

From the corner, Taylor makes a back for the keeper .... but straightaway you can hear the ref blow for a foul.

The game has been stopped before the keeper picks himself up, and as Taylor is getting up, the keeper steps back towards Taylor and pushes him to the ground.

As @RedChaser says its more of a David Beckham '98 kick but he did lash out after being thrown to the floor
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

The kick you clearly didn't see
  • Options

Off the back of this around 1:38 there does appear to be a small slight kick out from Taylor

Dont see that red card being taken away
    Unfortunately I spotted this too. Think it'll stand.
    But it's a different incident, surely?

• Options

Off the back of this around 1:38 there does appear to be a small slight kick out from Taylor

Nope its the same corner... 'keeper throws Taylor to the floor (that was probably his red); Taylor kicks back
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

As @RedChaser says its more of a David Beckham '98 kick but he did lash out after being thrown to the floor
    And if you're lying on your back, getting a kicking - then you're going to raise your arms and legs to protect yourself?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

Beardface said:

Number 14 ..... Thug!

How was he not red carded?

Referee missed so much.
    He was even looking down before reaching the scene to see where he was before putting the foot in! Terrible.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    That was poor. They did well overall, but their management has to hold their hands up and admit some of their behaviour fell below acceptable standards rather than defend them.
  • Options

Nope its the same corner... 'keeper throws Taylor to the floor (that was probably his red); Taylor kicks back
    So I'm confused, cos earlier you wrote

Which I can see, but it's a different event, they can't use that against Taylor. If you can also see a kick from Taylor in that melee, your eyes are better than mine - which nowadays is sadly perfectly possible
  • Options
    Sam Finley is the player... first time in the Football League after spending his career in Non-League primarily with Flyde until being signed by Accrington in the summer

Can certainly piss off back to Non-League with that attitude
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey, look at Nabster, our Gentle Giant - in the thick of it, remonstrating with their keeper.
  • Options
    PWR

80 minutes of not very much which we probably just about shaded overall and then there was a corner at the Covered End.

As with every other corner this season there was a sequence of pushing, shirt pulling and general jostling for position. Before the corner was taken the referee spoke to Lyle Taylor and an Accrington defender before another bout of shirt pulling etc. Nevertheless the corner was taken, Taylor went to ground and Bielik powered a header into the net.

The ref didn't seem happy but meanwhile half of Accrington seemed to be kicking Taylor while he was lying on the ground and a host of red and blue shirts leapt in to defend/assist the attack on Taylor.

Once everyone was unpeeled from the melee and the ref had chatted to the lino the Accrington keeper, Maxted, and our talisman Taylor received straight reds.

Despite having one of the best views in the house from where I sit I can honestly say I have no idea why either Taylor or Maxted received reds and any reds should have gone to the Accrington players kicking Taylor whilst he lay on the ground.

Anyway after all that there were 4 or 5 minutes of normal time plus time added on to go. We pushed forward during 5 minutes time added on and Reeves shot from outside the box and struck an Accrington palm. The ref was going to ignore it but after speaking to the lino he changed his mind and gave it. Grant kept his nerve and took a good penalty.

Some idiots invaded the pitch and one of them managed to injure Bielik! However we hung on and claimed the 3 points which we probably deserved just about although Nabby Sarr and Dylan Phillips needed to be at their best on a few occasions.

A muted happiness with the victory because we will miss Taylor for 3 matches. I sense him missing those games will prove season defining and not in a good way.

Got to love our resilience and determination though.

COYR.
  • Options
    Their 14. Scum.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Which I can see, but it's a different event, they can't use that against Taylor. If you can also see a kick from Taylor in that melee, your eyes are better than mine - which nowadays is sadly perfectly possible
    What is key is what the reason for Taylor's dismissal is on the ref's report and if it is supported or not supported by evidence.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

It's all the same event Prague which started with Taylor making a back for the keeper as the corner came in, both of them falling to the floor in a tangle, Taylor having a little jab out with his foot and then their players surrounding him in the melee. The referees report will be crucial as to what actions were deemed to be sending off offences. If it's the kick out it will be harsh but deemed violent conduct IMO.
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    I bet his mum is well proud, scummy little cunt
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

It's all the same event Prague which started with Taylor making a back for the keeper as the corner came in, both of then falling to the floor in a tangle, Taylor having a little jab out with his foot and then their players surrounding him in the melee. The referees report will be crucial as to what actions were deemed to be sending off offences.
    Did the jab make contact?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

RedChaser said:

It's all the same event Prague which started with Taylor making a back for the keeper as the corner came in, both of then falling to the floor in a tangle, Taylor having a little jab out with his foot and then their players surrounding him in the melee. The referees report will be crucial as to what actions were deemed to be sending off offences.
    Did the jab make contact?
    Does it have to? If you swing a punch and miss isn't that violent conduct?
  • Options

Just watched it back; 1:38 on the highlights is definitely the same incident rather than being a different event

Corner has come in, Taylor gets hauled to the floor by the Goalkeeper, kicks out with his right foot which sees the Stanley players running over to start the push and shove that sees Taylor getting the studs on his head as per the above clip