Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Covers are coming off.
  • Restarting at 16.00 (if it doesn't rain again).
  • Play resumes, Archer bowling.
    Tea to be taken at 17.30 and play until 19.30.
  • Feel like we could’ve had Labuschagne out 3 or 4 times. A good batsman but very lucky this series.
  • And it's pouring down.
  • Rain now stopped. 
    Should be back out soon
  • What do you expect when you schedule Test matches in August  & September. I believe all 4 so far have been affected by the rain to some degree....2nd Test we virtually only had 3 days play. 
  • What do you expect when you schedule Test matches in August  & September. I believe all 4 so far have been affected by the rain to some degree....2nd Test we virtually only had 3 days play. 
    And we nearly won the second test. Those 10 overs lost at the start of the last day and the Roy dropped catch an hour before the end really cost us.

Difficult to do anything different with the World Cup in June. In fact that suffered from rain significantly as well. 

Without having any official stats to back me up, it does seem to have been a particularly wet summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Play resumed.
  • Agree with Golfie, can’t believe they think it’s a good idea to play cricket in the summer. 

Hopefully they follow FIFA’s lead and play the next Ashes over here in December and January. 

Keeps consistency too as it’s similar dates as when in Australia. 
  • It's very windy.
    WE ARE PLAYING WITH NO BAILS !
  • It's very windy.
    WE ARE PLAYING WITH NO BAILS !
    The way we're bowling, we don't need them anyway!
  • Leuth said:
    Leach bowling like me so far

Leach bowls over arm
  • *splutters* 
    All Test matches should be played South of Watford, it is a proven fact the weather in the SE is hotter and drier.
  • Agree with Golfie, can’t believe they think it’s a good idea to play cricket in the summer. 

Hopefully they follow FIFA’s lead and play the next Ashes over here in December and January. 

Keeps consistency too as it’s similar dates as when in Australia. 

December / January? In the middle of winter, makes sense... Should do May/ June, although who knows with the English weather in general, they should be able to do something at least. it would be daft if we get draws due to over a days no play.
  • Don't even remotely look like getting them out. Tedious stuff.
  • I predict Labuschagne & Smith could somewhat be a pain in the Arse if they get in together.
    you can see this being 300-2 soon in 50-60
    overs time.  England are in proper bother here.

(with an attempted reverse bok!)
  • Sponsored links:

In which two months would you choose to play Test matches in England, @golfaddick

• Labuschange b Overton 67
  • 144-3
    Needed that.
    Tbh it never looked like coming.
    Great ball from Overton 
  • Wonder if the bail would have fallen ;)
  • Leuth said:
    Wonder if the bail would have fallen ;)
    The bails were on.  If they hadn't been, I imagine they'd have reviewed it.
  • Oh they had bails! Ignore me
  • Leuth said:
    Wonder if the bail would have fallen ;)
    Bails were on and went flying 
  • Leuth said:
    Oh they had bails! Ignore me
    About half hour playing with no bails, they brought out a set with screws in them to make them heavier.
  • Chizz said:
    What do you expect when you schedule Test matches in August  & September. I believe all 4 so far have been affected by the rain to some degree....2nd Test we virtually only had 3 days play. 
    In which two months would you choose to play Test matches in England, @golfaddick

Don't try and baffle Golfie with facts and stats Chizz. He's knows what he thinks is correct and that's all that matters.