Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Rudders22 said:
    275 for 5 is a very strong position to be in on Day 2. Aussies are in a commanding position. They won't lose this. 
    I just don’t know what gives you the authority to claim that 

We were bowled out for 67 and still won. If this test has showed us anything it is that both these sides have the ability to capitulate.
  • NEVER FUCKING ACCEPTABLE. ESPECIALLY FOR A FUCKING SPINNER
  • NEVER FUCKING ACCEPTABLE. ESPECIALLY FOR A FUCKING SPINNER
    So is dropping a catch going right down your throat.

england have been poor, both today and yesterday.

• Rudders22 said:
    275 for 5 is a very strong position to be in on Day 2. Aussies are in a commanding position. They won't lose this. 

Wait until the cavalry arrive! 
  • only conculsion is the greatest batsman in the world today was hard done by the length of his ban. (Dennis Lillee bet on his own team to lose and didn't get banned !)

The Cricket gods are on Steve Smith's side.
    The Cricket gods don't think Warner has suffered enough so will keep Broad bowling at him.
  • Again,

Boring,boring Smith

Boring,boring Smith

In the same tune to

Boring,boring Kallis

Boring,boring Kallis

The guy bores me to sleep

• This test will still be a draw imo. But England’s bowling has been poor. Archer has been covering up for some poor bowling, and this test he hasn’t been as impactful. Same as stokes’ performance basically kept Roy in the team.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    I just don’t know what gives you the authority to claim that 

We were bowled out for 67 and still won. If this test has showed us anything it is that both these sides have the ability to capitulate.
    Yes but Smith wasn't there.
  • 10 year old Sam Curran on as 12th man ((:>)
  • digressing .. Afghanistan gets its first test centurion .. congratulations .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO46636
  • Sponsored links:

• digressing .. Afghanistan gets its first test centurion .. congratulations .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO46636
    Nabi got a duck, he's been Kentised!
  • Oh look, abandon the short-ball tactic and bowl full and outside off with the new ball and Smith is in a bit of trouble
  • Any spinner bowling a front foot no ball should be removed from the rest of the innings by the umpires !!!!!!!!
  • Frustrating I know but it's like Jack Leach personally shot some of you guys' dogs or something. Maybe if he'd stayed behind the line he wouldn't have pitched the ball in the right spot to get an edge?
  • Again,

Boring,boring Smith

Boring,boring Smith

In the same tune to

Boring,boring Kallis

Boring,boring Kallis

Its only boring because he doesn't play for us, we would all be loving the Ellen Degeneres looking cheating Aussie bastard if he were English!
  • Leuth said:
    Frustrating I know but it's like Jack Leach personally shot some of you guys' dogs or something. Maybe if he'd stayed behind the line he wouldn't have pitched the ball in the right spot to get an edge?
    I agree but feel that this would be a reasonable and fair solution to the problem:

MrOneLung said:
    Any spinner bowling a front foot no ball should have it surgically removed by the umpires !!!!!!!!

• Again,

Boring,boring Smith

Boring,boring Smith

In the same tune to

Boring,boring Kallis

Boring,boring Kallis

Its only boring because he doesn't play for us, we would all be loving the Ellen Degeneres looking cheating Aussie bastard if he were English!

Of course, fecking squashed tomato face.

He's still fecking boring.Boring shots,Boring to Watch, and those fecking tourettes movements get right on my tits.

• Again,

Boring,boring Smith

Boring,boring Smith

In the same tune to

Boring,boring Kallis

Boring,boring Kallis

Of course, fecking squashed tomato face.

He's still fecking boring.Boring shots,Boring to Watch, and those fecking tourettes movements get right on my tits.

Personally I find his movements very entertaining. And his ability to manipulate the ball wherever he wants to just demonstrates what a fantastic batsman he is. 

• Again,

Boring,boring Smith

Boring,boring Smith

In the same tune to

Boring,boring Kallis

Boring,boring Kallis

Exactly, it's boring because once Smith has reached about 30, I lose all hope of us getting him out, he rarely gives a chance.

I was contemplating going to Salisbury races today. I decided to watch the cricket.
    I said to my mate before the Test started that I expected the Aussies to come back strong, we wouldn't have "the momentum" and Smith would get 150 at least.

Generally, I tend to be right, unless it involves the bookies.
  • Leuth said:
    Frustrating I know but it's like Jack Leach personally shot some of you guys' dogs or something. Maybe if he'd stayed behind the line he wouldn't have pitched the ball in the right spot to get an edge?
    I agree but feel that this would be a reasonable and fair solution to the problem:

MrOneLung said:
    Any spinner bowling a front foot no ball should have it surgically removed by the umpires !!!!!!!!

Agree with both of you.....and I think DRS has something to do with it. Very very rarely does a bowler get no-balled by the standing umpire & only ever gets looked at when there is a wicket. This means a bowler will gradually get near & nearer the line & inevitably will over step at some point. If he was called on it everytime, or even a gentle warning by the umpire that he was getting close then I'm sure that would help.

And that's not even considering the loss of runs by the no calling. Just think of the last Test & imagine if it was won or lost because of the odd no-ball adding to the extras column. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    England 12/1  Draw 6/5  Aussies 42/41

Stokes is injured and coming off. The best we can hope for is a draw.
  • This is getting boring now
  • Stokes going off injured is all we need
  • And now Stokes is injured. It just gets worse and worse
  • edited September 2019
    Aussies to get 420 ish.......we trail on 1st innings by 80 - 100. They declare in evening session  of 4th day leaving us to get 350+.....we lose.
  • Again,

Boring,boring Smith

Boring,boring Smith

In the same tune to

Boring,boring Kallis

Boring,boring Kallis

As a matter of fact he is a boring batsman..........I wouldn’t pay to watch him as his style is in no way what you could describe as captivating.
    I realise he is the worlds current number one run getter but it’s done with little or no panache.
  • Paine dropped by Curran off Archer.
  • Do they not teach these Surrey players how to catch a ball?
  • Who wanted Curran then?
  • I would never say Steve Smith was a boring batsman to watch, as his style is so idiosyncratic and his mannerisms so weird