Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• This could be a very long afternoon...Stokes off, no balls, 2 drops.
  • Got to say, I find Smith anything but boring. He’s a great batsman and one of the main reasons I’m watching the Test series.

Fascinating to watch England’s bowlers trying to topple him and seeing his brilliant resistance. Not checked the stats but he usually comes in when the Aussies are in a bit of poo.
  • Aussies to get 420 ish.......we trail on 1st innings by 80 - 100. They declare in evening session  of 4th day leaving us to get 350+.....we lose.

That's the spirit, ever the optimist!
  • Hes only boring in the sense that it happens every single blooming time. He might as well be named Smith 100
  • Fingers crossed for a few days of rain here I think.
  • Fingers crossed for a few days of rain here I think.
    Tomorrow isnt looking very nice but Saturday and Sunday (especially) are looking quite clear of rain
  • I find it all very frustrating, but Smith is anything but boring.  Superb batsman
  • You know what should be punishable? Bowling anything to Smith that doesn't pitch outside off stump 
  • He's boring.

When you consider the recent batting greats , Lara,Kohli,Tendulkar,Stokes,KP,ABDV,etc.etc, he would be the last one to get me out of the bar - his style is boring, his face is boring,his idiosyncratic ways are boring ...he's boring , full stop. He only has essentially 2 shots...nudge to leg (x10) and flay through the off side.

He's like the best bat at school, just feck off and let someone else have a go.

• I find it all very frustrating, but Smith is anything but boring.  Superb batsman
    He’s boring alright, no flair.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know what a late cut past second slip off a bouncer is if not full of flair tbh
  • My observation so far in this series, is that we have too many sessions where England have lost the plot, dropped catches, extreme bad batting,extreme bad bowling,body language - all signs of a poor captain unable to motivate his troops.
  • Leuth said:
    I don't know what a late cut past second slip off a bouncer is if not full of flair tbh

Its called luck - of which he has a lot of.
  • edited September 2019
    Got to say, I find Smith anything but boring. He’s a great batsman and one of the main reasons I’m watching the Test series.

Fascinating to watch England’s bowlers trying to topple him and seeing his brilliant resistance. Not checked the stats but he usually comes in when the Aussies are in a bit of poo.

For anyone to say that Smith is the main reason they are watching the Test series, then, wow, what an exciting life you must lead.

Of course, 200 nudges to leg for one are way better than 8 sixes by Ben Stokes to win a match.

• Leuth said:
    I don't know what a late cut past second slip off a bouncer is if not full of flair tbh

He certainly has today.
  • Archer completely out of sorts.....little or no aggression seen in any of his lack lustre spells.
  • England in terrible trouble. A perfect chance for the likes of Cummins and Starc to tee off too
  • That table shown by Sky is a shocking demonstration of why we don't win more Test matches - only Bangladesh has a higher percentage of drop catches since January 2018. 

They've also said that Stuart Broad has had over a hundred catches dropped off his bowling in his career.
  • Bairstow injured too?
  • Sponsored links:

• First ball after tea and Paine goes
  • Paine out 1st ball after tea.  369-6
  • Paine c Bairstow b Overton 58
  • Roy has finally been removed from the slips!
  • Aussies to get 420 ish.......we trail on 1st innings by 80 - 100. They declare in evening session  of 4th day leaving us to get 350+.....we lose.

That's the spirit, ever the optimist!
    Tbf they look like getting 420.
  • Leuth said:

You're obviously not watching, but there's no need to troll.
    Just say you you're not watching, so can't comment.
  • Leuth said:
    You been watching me bat mate.
  • Cummins c Stokes b Leach 4