Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• whooop whoooop! Wade caught by Root. 
  • Thank you Wade - that shot selection, in the circumstances, was as bad as it gets.

• Statistically September is drier than August, rainfall is similar to June, nobody’s suggesting we shouldn’t play cricket in june...
    Much better light in June though. 

June

16 hours

(hours)

July

16 hours and 30 minutes

(hours)

August

16 hours

(hours)

September

14 hours

(hours)

• So many poor batsmen on both sides. Khawaja must feel hard done when he sees Warner, Harris, Head and Wade ahead of him!
  • It’d be interesting to see what the Aussies would score if we somehow got Smith and Labuschagne our cheap.

• I can see this short-ball attack to Smith and Paine backfiring. Desist, please
  • Smith's a sneaky little cheat … BUT he's also a phenomenal batsman  .. How does he do it ?
  • It would be best to play Manchester Tests in June or July.

https://en.climate-data.org/europe/united-kingdom/england/manchester-3621/

During the World Cup?  And before the Australian Test team got here? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Another drop by Roy to add to his lack of runs...
    A straight forward slip catch off Broad. Paine survives.
  • I've already said this but why oh why is the guy who has been surreys second slip every game for more than 4 years shoved out at 3rd/4th slip or bat pad and the guy who is great at gully or in the covers and occasionally fields 3rd/4th slip for surrey given the 2nd slip job for England. Just a horrible lack of common sense. 

Roy is an exceptional fielder but not often in the slips. His drop at Lords cost us. this one certainly isn't helpful. 
  • What the fuck is Roy still doing in the team ffs 
    A straight forward slip catch off Broad. Paine survives.
    at least it wasn't Smith he dropped ! .. it's a mystery how Roy is still in the team .. Denly, a moderately middle order success, has even been moved to accommodate him .. now I hope Roy goes on to get a few hundreds (not holding my breath though)
  • I'm Roy's biggest fan and I really really want him to be a success in test cricket but I have been saying all along I wouldn't have him opening and I wouldn't have picked him for this series. 

Being put in the slips ahead of players that spend a lot of time there in county cricket isn't his fault but cant be helping his confidence.
  • Smith not out.
    No ball by Leach.
  • no ball .. what the fuck .. Smith is blessed
  • Sponsored links:

• There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for any bowler to ball a no ball let alone a spinner!!!!
  • no ball! no way!
  • Smith out.
    No he's not
  • Is this guy the luckiest cricketer who ever lived? Baffling.
  • It shows you karma isn’t real. The man is a cheat and has about 100 lives. Wow.
  • I saw that CE and then switched over. Shit. 
  • A spin bowler overstepping for a no ball is simply unforgivable 
  • 275 for 5 is a very strong position to be in on Day 2. Aussies are in a commanding position. They won't lose this. 
  • That’s something that the rest of the lads are gonna absolutely rip leach to shreds in the banter department in a week or so. But right now it’s bloody frustrating.