Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• 7 down.
    We are going to be batting tonight. 
  • Got to say, I find Smith anything but boring. He’s a great batsman and one of the main reasons I’m watching the Test series.

Fascinating to watch England’s bowlers trying to topple him and seeing his brilliant resistance. Not checked the stats but he usually comes in when the Aussies are in a bit of poo.

For anyone to say that Smith is the main reason they are watching the Test series, then, wow, what an exciting life you must lead.

Of course, 200 nudges to leg for one are way better than 8 sixes by Ben Stokes to win a match.

Listen mate, just ‘cos someone disagrees with you, no need to insult them.

Sorry Charente, no insult intended. 
  • Leuth said:
    I don't know what a late cut past second slip off a bouncer is if not full of flair tbh

Its called luck - of which he has a lot of.
    You're obviously not watching, but there's no need to troll.
    Just say you you're not watching, so can't comment.
    Im watching.
     No need to get up your own arse.... Again. 
  • 7 down.
    We are going to be all out batting tonight. 

• On the train to Manchester ready for day at OT tomorrow. Said before I was looking forward to seeing Archer bowl. Now hoping I don't as that would either mean Aussies are still in or we are all out! 
  • Smith with all of his odd movements at the crease actually reminds me of Trott.
    I know Smith is a far better batsman than Trott but he reminds me of him all the same. 
  • Just seen a stat that since 2013, in first innings, Smith now has:

Over 700 runs more than Root in 13 less innings 
    Over 1000 runs more than Kohli in 2 less innings

Incredible. 
  • Just seen a stat that since 2013, in first innings, Smith now has:

Over 700 runs more than Root in 13 less innings 
    Over 1000 runs more than Kohli in 2 less innings

Incredible. 
    And remember the time when when they used to compare Root and Smith
  • Currently averaging over 65 in Test Cricket...
  • Sponsored links:

• Didnt he get rejected by Kent? 
  • He was out first ball playing for Sevenoaks against Beckenham at Foxgrove Road by my mate, who still plays for Beckenham!
  • He's boring.

When you consider the recent batting greats , Lara,Kohli,Tendulkar,Stokes,KP,ABDV,etc.etc, he would be the last one to get me out of the bar - his style is boring, his face is boring,his idiosyncratic ways are boring ...he's boring , full stop. He only has essentially 2 shots...nudge to leg (x10) and flay through the off side.

He's like the best bat at school, just feck off and let someone else have a go.

Only two shots? Should be easy to target or defend against......
  • He's boring.

When you consider the recent batting greats , Lara,Kohli,Tendulkar,Stokes,KP,ABDV,etc.etc, he would be the last one to get me out of the bar - his style is boring, his face is boring,his idiosyncratic ways are boring ...he's boring , full stop. He only has essentially 2 shots...nudge to leg (x10) and flay through the off side.

He's like the best bat at school, just feck off and let someone else have a go.

Only two shots? Should be easy to target or defend against......
    Yeah! You would think so, wouldnt you. He gets those two shots into different places though :) 
  • Overton looks knackered. 
    Only bowling about 78-80mph.
    Poor captaincy to keep him on.

Hopefully I've just got him a wicket. 
  • Ok, so who was it that decided to pick Overton??!! 
  • Leuth said:
    I don't know what a late cut past second slip off a bouncer is if not full of flair tbh

Im watching.
    If you thought that great cut shot for 4 was luck, then I give up.
  • Smith 205 no

415-7
  • Laddick01 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    275 for 5 is a very strong position to be in on Day 2. Aussies are in a commanding position. They won't lose this. 
    I just don’t know what gives you the authority to claim that 

We were bowled out for 67 and still won. If this test has showed us anything it is that both these sides have the ability to capitulate.
    As I said earlier. Australia are in a great position. 
  • Leuth said:

Im watching.
    You dont need luck for every bleedin shot. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He was out first ball playing for Sevenoaks against Beckenham at Foxgrove Road by my mate, who still plays for Beckenham!
    Get him in the team! 
  • Leuth said:

Im watching.
    You dont need luck for every bleedin shot. 
    Pardon, I don't understand ?
  • Leuth said:

Im watching.
    I flatly refuse to give any respect or credit to a proven cheat......and to think it was us that he cheated.
    As far as I am concerned he should have been thrown out of test cricket altogether.
    I am pretty sure if the shoe had been on the other foot we would have never selected him and the other two ever again.
    Australians have a different mind set of course......as it seems do you!
  • Ffs Starc has morphed into Bradman.
    This is embarrassing. 
  • Starch tee-ing off now. 4 4's off one over off Broad. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    275 for 5 is a very strong position to be in on Day 2. Aussies are in a commanding position. They won't lose this. 
    I just don’t know what gives you the authority to claim that 

We were bowled out for 67 and still won. If this test has showed us anything it is that both these sides have the ability to capitulate.
    As I said earlier. Australia are in a great position. 
    The point I’m making is at 275-5 you can’t say that. Had we taken any number of Smith chances or had Roy caught Paine in single figures we’d probably be looking at a score just in excess of 320, which we can reach in our first innings.

I thought the Stokes debacle last match would’ve shown you that you should never write us off too early.
  • edited September 2019
    Smith c Denly b Root 211