Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6691246

It's looking like no play this morning and maybe even early afternoon.
  • Yes very driech here.
  • Update: Warner got in lift as we were getting out. Several of them at breakfast - recognised Cummins but not sure about others. Wish I had some sandpaper to wave about!

They were getting on coach as we left to get tram - wouldn't give us a lift though!
      Buffet?

Any opportunities to pop Laxatives in the sausages
  • No !! Unless we bat and get 600 
  • edited September 2019
    Update: Warner got in lift as we were getting out. Several of them at breakfast - recognised Cummins but not sure about others. Wish I had some sandpaper to wave about!

They were getting on coach as we left to get tram - wouldn't give us a lift though!
      Buffet?

Continental buffet though didn't see any of them at it. Cooked stuff was table service.

Torn here because want to see some cricket but rain better for England's chances.
  • Yes very driech here.
    Driech.  Great word. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 
  • Update: Warner got in lift as we were getting out. Several of them at breakfast - recognised Cummins but not sure about others. Wish I had some sandpaper to wave about!

Buffet?

Continental buffet though didn't see any of them at it. Cooked stuff was table service.

Torn here because want to see some cricket but rain better for England's chances.
      You've seen enough cricket!

;-)
  • The outfield is very wet so no play for a while
    Partly because they managed to spill all the water off the big covers. Sabotage?
  • Sponsored links:

Shame
  • gives the Aussies a chance to catch up on sleep as they were kept awake at 2.55 this morning by someone running up and down the corridor of their hotel screaming 'Get Roland Out' 
    I wonder who that was :)

• Early lunch taken at 12.30.
    There will be a 1pm pitch inspection.
  • Rudders22 said:
    gives the Aussies a chance to catch up on sleep as they were kept awake at 2.55 this morning by someone running up and down the corridor of their hotel screaming 'Get Roland Out' 
    I wonder who that was :)

Good girl!
  • The sun is out.
    Play starts 1.30pm.
  • How many wickets in the next session? I'm going for a surpringly positive 1.
  • If we can avoid the follow on, we may draw this Test.
  • one down already
  • Sponsored links:

• Overton c Smith b Hazlewood 5

25-2
  • How many wickets in the next session? I'm going for a surpringly positive 1.
    Well there’s the 1
  • Overton scores 5.
    Their no 3 scored 67.
  • modern rarity .. all run 4
  • I'd need a lot more red wine. Out now. As we left hotel, walked past one that I thought was Khawaja and Mr W thought was Lyon. I need to check photos! The press conference was going on and room next door set up for their dinner. An hour or so ago now.
    Gary Khawaja coming on to bowl his off spinners now
  • edited September 2019
    I’m watching at home today but rest assured I’m wearing 6 layers of clothing in solidarity with everyone at Old Trafford. 
  • Will we follow on by the close or will it rain again?
  • these two are wearing down the quicks, to an extent .. Lyons looks the most dangerous .. remember they are a bowler short, they don't have a Stokes